31.10.2004 - London Mean Fiddler

31.10.2004 - London Mean Fiddler

Beitragvon Susi » So Okt 31, 2004 11:41 am

I'm starting this thread for all those lucky ones who will be able to join the show tonight and the poor ones who have to stay at home (like me) and are eager to read all details on the show. ;)

Well, please share your unforgettable impressions with us! :hase:
šтуℓє « ιš, ωнαт уσυ [¢яєαтє]. ησт, ωнαт уσυ [¢σρу]
Susi

Beitragvon Ax Slinger » Mo Nov 01, 2004 6:52 am

At least you have a choice whether to go or not. I think the "south" would freeze over before Saga (or any decent band for that matter) ever shows up in Humboldt County, California. The last concert we had here was when The Edgar Winter Group (uhhh, yeah right) opened for Lynyrd Skynyrd back in 1999. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't exactly my cup of tea... But here is it 5 years later, and no concert since. Unless you count Kid Rock, which I most definately passed on that show... :roll:
Ax Slinger

Beitragvon Uschi » Mo Nov 01, 2004 9:57 am

Welcome Ax :D

You are right, most Germans have a choice, for the rest of Europe it's more difficult though. For me it is money-wise the same whether I go to London or to Germany. Besides of money it requires in my case an understanding family and a generous husband.So this time my choice is Germany but it is uncertain if I can make it the next time.
Uschi

Beitragvon wilkie UK » Mo Nov 01, 2004 11:50 am

Hi all, I hope I don't spoil the suspense, by posting the setlist here....

First, the show was awesome (would we expect anything else?).....despite some technical problems, the setlist was more than expected. I counted 6 songs from Network, and an oldie from HoT :o Michael Sadler was in top form, really pinning the notes, as if he had something to prove. The biggest thing for me, was just how easily Christian fitted in. No-one expected him to just 'replace' Steve Negus, but he seemed to introduce something different to the band. Playing an acoustic kit, definitely helped.
The overall sound felt looser, which fitted the songs chosen. Ah yes, the setlist: -

On The Air
Keep It Reel
Humble Stance
Careful Where You Step
The One
Runaway
On The Loose
Wind Him Up
Amnesia
Framed
Time's Up
Interview
No Regrets
Conversations
No Stranger
Scratchin' The Surface
If I Were You
Believe
I'm Back
You're Not Alone
Don't Make A Sound
Don't Be Late (encore)
The Flyer (encore)

So, as you can see, they chose to play World's Apart, from start the finish. This went very well, from my position, and the band seemed to enjoy playing some of the oldies. The biggest surprise, was the feel to 'Time's Up', very mellow, and lighter.

I'll try and post some photos, as soon as I can.
wilkie UK

Beitragvon Flying Girl » Mo Nov 01, 2004 12:18 pm

Thanks for the review, Wilkie :D

Wow, they chose to play Worlds Apart, what a great choise!!! :-8
Worlds Apart is very special to me as this was the album that started it all: It was the first Saga-album I heard and it was the first Saga-album I bought.
This is just too good to be true!!! :saga: :hello:

Now I look even more forward to the gig Thursday in Malmö (Sweeden).
See you in Copenhagen next Tuesday, Wilkie.... :wink: :sing:
Flying high, as long as you are 5 mm of the ground, you have not crashed yet.......

.......... and in case of emergency - please place your head between you legs............... and kiss your ass goodbye! :lol:
Flying Girl
Orga + Mod
Orga + Mod

Beitragvon Susi » Mo Nov 01, 2004 12:20 pm

Thank's a lot for sharing the setlist !!!! :hase: :hase: :hase:

We are looking forward to the upcoming shows!

I love to hear Worlds Apart :banana:
Susi

Beitragvon Gast » Mo Nov 01, 2004 12:34 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Uschi.

I didn't mean that quite the way I made it sound. Came off as a bit whiny, didn't it? :hut:

We always have a choice. I mean I could drain my life savings and fly to Germany and visit my oldest friend on the Internet and go to several good concerts. But I better not... I might not want to go home if I did that... No, a better, more cost effective plan for me, with a wife, two kids in college, one in high school, a morgage, car payments, hospital bills, Fasha the dog, and who knows what else I ain't thinking about, is to settle for the All Areas DVD I ordered today. And that way I can watch it over and over too.

We live 350 miles north of San Francisco, just a bit south of the Oregon state line, basically out in the middle of nowhere... The nearest town is 10 miles away, and it only has about 8,000 people. The nest closest one is about 20 miles away, and has 30,000. So we're not exactly on the main route for shows. But we do have the mountains, the Redwood Trees, and the Pacific Ocean. So it's heaven to us. We love it here. :D
Gast

Beitragvon Ax Slinger » Mo Nov 01, 2004 12:36 pm

Forgot to login... Oopsy. :oops:

Oh, how cool. If I forget to log in, I'll get reminded because all the buttons are in German. But if I am logged in they're in English, because I chose English in my profile. Sweet.
Ax Slinger

Beitragvon Flying Girl » Mo Nov 01, 2004 12:45 pm

Welcome to the board, Ax :D
Looking forward to have a great time with you here...

All Area is a great DVD, you will definately not be disapointed :-8 :-8 :-8
Flying high, as long as you are 5 mm of the ground, you have not crashed yet.......

.......... and in case of emergency - please place your head between you legs............... and kiss your ass goodbye! :lol:
Flying Girl
Orga + Mod
Orga + Mod

Beitragvon Ax Slinger » Mo Nov 01, 2004 1:05 pm

Well, as I mentioned in another thread, I wish I could get the one listed here, but I can't. The one I can get is a 15 song single DVD, recorded live in Bonn in 2002. But I am definately looking forward to getting it anyway.
Ax Slinger

Beitragvon Susi » Mo Nov 01, 2004 1:38 pm

Hi Ax, welcome on board ;)

Have fun!
Susi

Beitragvon Uschi » Mo Nov 01, 2004 2:00 pm

Anonymous hat geschrieben:Thanks for the welcome, Uschi.

I didn't mean that quite the way I made it sound. Came off as a bit whiny, didn't it? :hut:

Nope, that's ok, I feel often the same and to get it off one's chest once in a while brings a little relief.

We live 350 miles north of San Francisco, just a bit south of the Oregon state line, basically out in the middle of nowhere... The nearest town is 10 miles away, and it only has about 8,000 people. The nest closest one is about 20 miles away, and has 30,000. So we're not exactly on the main route for shows. But we do have the mountains, the Redwood Trees, and the Pacific Ocean. So it's heaven to us. We love it here.

Sounds fantastic! Here they plant sometimes Squoias in parks, this summer I saw for the first time in my life one. I'd loved to see an entire forest of them :)

I live on the north east coast of Scotland. It's quite similar in population and towns to what you describe, kinda outback :eg: Sometimes I'm lucky and smaller bands play in a club 60 miles from where I live, so that's within range but as most things happen in the central belt, I'm busted.

This summer my hubby and I played a little fortune to see Yes in Glasgow. Was worth it though. Jeepers, those guys rock 8)

DVD- wise you get a lot to see for your money with All Areas. Yet for a concert feel the Official Marathon Bootleg might be more interesting. Here's a review: http://www.seaoftranquility.org/reviews ... nt&id=1069

Then there's still the Silhouette ( http://www.seaoftranquility.org/reviews ... ent&id=531 ).
Uschi

Beitragvon Uschi » Mo Nov 01, 2004 2:04 pm

wilkie UK hat geschrieben:Hi all, I hope I don't spoil the suspense, by posting the setlist here....

First, the show was awesome (would we expect anything else?).....despite some technical problems, the setlist was more than expected. I counted 6 songs from Network, and an oldie from HoT :o Michael Sadler was in top form, really pinning the notes, as if he had something to prove. The biggest thing for me, was just how easily Christian fitted in. No-one expected him to just 'replace' Steve Negus, but he seemed to introduce something different to the band. Playing an acoustic kit, definitely helped.
The overall sound felt looser, which fitted the songs chosen. Ah yes, the setlist: -

On The Air
Keep It Reel
Humble Stance
Careful Where You Step
The One
Runaway
On The Loose
Wind Him Up
Amnesia
Framed
Time's Up
Interview
No Regrets
Conversations
No Stranger
Scratchin' The Surface
If I Were You
Believe
I'm Back
You're Not Alone
Don't Make A Sound
Don't Be Late (encore)
The Flyer (encore)

So, as you can see, they chose to play World's Apart, from start the finish. This went very well, from my position, and the band seemed to enjoy playing some of the oldies. The biggest surprise, was the feel to 'Time's Up', very mellow, and lighter.

Thanks Mark, you are a treasure, I hope you know that :knuddel1:

Did I count four new songs they played on this tour? Great. I was afraid that - like the last tour - would just go for two.
Uschi

Beitragvon wilkie UK » Mo Nov 01, 2004 3:44 pm

Thanks Uschi, it was my pleasure to share this. In fact, the guys played 6 new songs: -

On The Air (I have a very small video clip of last night's intro, which I will try and share out)
Keep It Reel
If I Were You
Believe
I'm Back
Don't Make A Sound

I think that demonstrates the confidence that the band has in the album 8) 8) 8)
wilkie UK

Beitragvon Silent Knight » Mo Nov 01, 2004 3:47 pm

wilkie UK hat geschrieben:Hi all, I hope I don't spoil the suspense, by posting the setlist here....

On The Air
Keep It Reel
Humble Stance
Careful Where You Step
The One
Runaway
On The Loose
Wind Him Up
Amnesia
Framed
Time's Up
Interview
No Regrets
Conversations
No Stranger
Scratchin' The Surface
If I Were You
Believe
I'm Back
You're Not Alone
Don't Make A Sound
Don't Be Late (encore)
The Flyer (encore)

Hmmm Worlds apart.

Wilkie you're right, Christian is a very good drummer, but also very different from Steve.
I love the way Steve plays so for me it's sad he's not there anymore, but Christian is doing a great job with his own drumstyle... and I love them acoustic drums back on stage again... never understood why Steve wanted them Rolands (except for as he said "They're a hell lot easier to carrier through an airport"

Maloe here we go... Aldo standing at his table.....tra la la la
www.saga-denmark.com

Bild
Silent Knight

Nächste

Zurück zu SAGA Fans around the world