Hello from Sweden and a question about live recordings....

Hello from Sweden and a question about live recordings....

Beitragvon ekloef » Fr Jul 08, 2005 1:56 pm

Hello! :)

My name is Robert and I justed joined this forum. I am from Sweden and have been listening to Saga since I was about 11 or 12 years old. I remember bying the first Saga album and listening to it reading every word printed on the innersleave.

Many years ago I saw a concert with Saga on a german channel at my parents house. Unfortunatly this was in the middle of night so I could not turn the volume up very much. I did however have I nice time watching Michael Sadler's mustasche.

Does anybody know where I can find any live recordings, video or audio apart from the official releases? I am mostly interested in stuff from the 80s?

If "bootlegs" are banned and frowned upon here I do apologize and hope that I still will be welcome to participate in any discussions....

Have a nice weekend everybody from a sunny Sweden!
Robert E
Zuletzt geändert von ekloef am Fr Jul 08, 2005 5:34 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
ekloef

Re: Hello from Sweden and a question about live recordings..

Beitragvon kuschelhawk » Fr Jul 08, 2005 2:09 pm

You're welcome Robert :wink:

in the presence, there's no mustache in Michaels face - but I remember it too ;)

What's about the official DVD's Silhouette and All Areas - Live in Bonn ?? You can order them for example about amazon. And what's about the "official bootleg-DVD" ??

Many greetings from a rainy Berlin :wink:
Come to me I will give and receive
All I need is for you to believe
Come to me I can help you feel free
Take my hand & understand that I believe
kuschelhawk
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon ekloef » Fr Jul 08, 2005 11:55 pm

Vielen dank aus Schweden....
Thank you very much! :11: (me listening to "In transit")

I have seen 'torrents' with live recordings by artists like Pink Floyd, Genesis, Led Zeppelin, Mike Oldfield but never anything by Saga. Aren't there anything in circulation? From what I have read here on this site there are radio shows, tv gigs and other stuff out there. There are also great sites dedicated to the live recordings by for exampel Genesis on the internet which are quite many and easy to find. But when it comes to Saga I have found nothing...
Why is that? Anybody? Well maybe Saga is not quite as well known...

The "Official-Bootleg" DVD I have never heard of before... from what I have found out now it sounds really interesting. Is it only available on the saga-website? I can not seem to find it anywhere?

Robert E, Sweden
ekloef

Beitragvon Michael_K » So Jul 10, 2005 10:46 am

Hello Robert,

I cannot help you with torrents or anything, as I don't use this stuff. Fortunately, SAGA is not "top of the pops", so you won't find much from them for free on the web.
The official bootleg DVD is part of the Limited Edition of the "All Areas" Double-DVD. You can buy it from AMAZON or the like for app. 17 EUR.
I don't own it yet, so I don't know about the quality of the bootleg disc, but don't expect too much from it.

Greetings to Sweden,
Mike
Michael_K

Beitragvon silent_voices » So Jul 10, 2005 12:02 pm

Hey Robert,

yes its very difficult to find any music-material of SAGA for free. I couldnt find any torrents to this time. But look here:

http://music.download.com/saga/3600-8666_32-100425623.html?jFunc=playList&jParam=song-100427234

I think this is not that you re searching for. But these are live version of 4 SAGA Songs - 3 made in the 80s. If you know and downloaded it or listened to this versions, ignore this link ;)

Have fun.
sv
silent_voices

Beitragvon MichaelNoi » Di Jul 12, 2005 7:22 am

Hi Robert,

did you try Ebay already ?
there´s a lot of SAGA stuff
:D
MichaelNoi

Beitragvon ekloef » Mo Feb 27, 2006 8:40 pm

Thanks for all your replies!
I have actually found a few live recordings on the site dimeadozen.
ekloef

Beitragvon Birdy » Di Feb 28, 2006 6:42 pm

Hi Robert,
nice artworks! Like them :hase:
Birdy
Orga Team
Orga Team

Zurück zu SAGA Fans around the world