New York Show will be recorded live

New York Show will be recorded live

Beitragvon Susi » So Jul 16, 2006 6:38 pm

SAGA to play first U.S. show in 22 years in New York City!

Revered Canadian prog rockers SAGA will be making their triumphant return to U.S. shores on Saturday, July 22 at BB King’s in New York City.

Touring off their 17th album, Trust (their first new release for InsideOut Music ), SAGA plan on making their appearance at B.B. King’s a special event.

“We haven’t worked out a set yet, but I would think we’re going to do something similar to what we did on the European tour,” said singer Michael Sadler. “After not playing in the states for 22 years, some people think we might have disappeared - we just went on a long vacation from the country. And if you think about it, we’ve been rehearsing for this show for 22 years.”

According to Sadler, the new album, Trust, has had more selections performed live than any of their albums in recent memory, giving the fans something to look forward to.

“The set will be a cross-section of new and old,” notes Sadler. “But we’re playing four-five songs off the new album, which is something we rarely do. I guess that says something about how much the fans like Trust.”

For Sadler, returning to the states will rekindle a lot of fond memories, some of which are still fresh in his mind.

“The U.S. was great the last time we were over,” enthused Sadler. “We did five or six tours in a row with bands like Jethro Tull, Pat Benetar and Billy Squire. I didn’t expect us to be so well received, but we were getting a great reception every night. I remember the audiences in the U.S. being more excitable than the ones in Europe . The Europeans tend to watch and listen while we’re playing – the Americans are a lot more animated. I can’t wait.”

The show will be recorded live and will be broadcast on XM Satellite Radio’s “Fine Tuning” program.

SAGA’s latest album, Trust, is in stores now. Look for their upcoming live DVD to hit stores in early fall.

Show details:

Saturday, July 22

B.B. Kings
237 W. 42nd St. ( Times Square )
New York , NY
(212) 997-4144
Doors open at 6 p.m.

$22.50 Advance, $25.00 Day of Show

http://www.metaledgemag.com/content.cfm?ID=958
http://www.goldminemag.com/Default.aspx ... 18Articles
šтуℓє « ιš, ωнαт уσυ [¢яєαтє]. ησт, ωнαт уσυ [¢σρу]
Susi