What Saga means to me...

What Saga means to me...

Beitragvon wilkie UK » Sa Nov 24, 2007 9:11 pm

Seeing Saga in 1983, changed my outlook on music!

I was 17 years old, and into Queen, Iron Maiden, etc. I read an article in 'Kerrang' magazine, where they interviewed Saga (mostly Michael), and it mentioned Queen. I thought I'd try the latest album (Heads Or Tales), so I bought it on the Wednesday. IT KNOCKED ME OUT!!!
I saw that the band were playing at Hammersmith Odeon on the next evening, so I caught the bus to London. Whilst queuing for ticket, two lovely people came up to me, and offered me their spare ticket. THIRD ROW, DEAD CENTRE!!!
From the first moments of 'Sound Of Strangers' I was hooked! I never thought I'd see anything as good ever again. This was a truly life-changing experience; 2nd only to the day I met my wife :eg:
If it wasn't for Saga, I would never have heard of A.C.T (one of my other top bands), and a whole load of other bands, who I've learnt of, from A.C.T and Saga fans.
Talking of which; the fans! Every single Saga fan I've ever met, has been ever so warm and friendly; English, German, French, Danish, Swedish, Dutch, American, Canadian!!

To everyone involved with Saga, past and present; full power to you all, and long may you continue, with whatever path you follow!
The point of the journey is not to arrive......
wilkie UK

Beitragvon kuschelhawk » Sa Nov 24, 2007 11:04 pm

thx for your warm words, wilkie :daumen: :D
Come to me I will give and receive
All I need is for you to believe
Come to me I can help you feel free
Take my hand & understand that I believe
kuschelhawk
Contributors
Contributors

Zurück zu SAGA Fans around the world