SAGA DVD Marathon or is there such a thing as TOO MUCH SAGA?

SAGA DVD Marathon or is there such a thing as TOO MUCH SAGA?

Beitragvon mouseinamaze » So Dez 14, 2008 5:45 pm

It was a typical cold wintry Friday night in Michigan, so my wife and I did what any normal couple do on a Friday night, we enjoyed pizza with cold beer and began watching Saga's All Areas DVD. Wow! that was great..pizza's gone but another beer and more Saga sounded like a good plan since we had our Saga groove on.
What could follow such a great concert? a trip back in time to watch Saga Silouette, damn look at all the great moogs and PPG synthesizers..the guys all look so young but always give 100% and sound great.
Another beer and nothing else in the world seemed like it could follow Saga so.......World's Apart Revisited finds it's way into the DVD player. Many of the songs we watched all night were replayed and they are all sounded a little different but the same, aged like a fine wine and as always the group was tight and having "fun".

Well, I have to admit about midway through the concert we became Saga-ed out and it was time to move on to something else but quite a noble achievement I must say.
It came as no surprise that the following week my wife and I would be walking around the house singing parts of Saga songs. :D

Thank you Saga for the joy of your music you have put in our hearts and minds. :hearts:
Zuletzt geändert von mouseinamaze am Do Dez 18, 2008 2:23 am, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
mouseinamaze

Beitragvon Tillmann » So Dez 14, 2008 11:30 pm

I know what u mean :P Sometimes I watch Saga Shows the whole night either... It's great... I just wished there was a real Heads Or Tales Tour DVD, a double DVD with a complete Show and so on... But, whatever, Saga nights are fantastic, espceacially the certain recordings and the sound of the songs over the years... And I like both sounds... The Hardcore keyboard sound of the 80's and the tight loud guitar from nowadays...

And if the Munich DVD is there I'm gonna watch it, over and over again :hase: :hase: :hase:

:P
Tillmann

Beitragvon mouseinamaze » Di Dez 16, 2008 5:57 pm

Tillmann hat geschrieben:I know what u mean :P Sometimes I watch Saga Shows the whole night either... It's great... I just wished there was a real Heads Or Tales Tour DVD, a double DVD with a complete Show and so on... But, whatever, Saga nights are fantastic, espceacially the certain recordings and the sound of the songs over the years... And I like both sounds... The Hardcore keyboard sound of the 80's and the tight loud guitar from nowadays...

And if the Munich DVD is there I'm gonna watch it, over and over again :hase: :hase: :hase:

:P

I'm glad to hear there are others who enjoy watching the Saga DVD's as much as we do. :D
I know what you mean about Heads or Tales, there are so many tours I wish they had been able to video but thankfully we live in a era where bands can video their concerts.
I was happy to see the setlist for the new DVD, it's seems there are quite a few songs I haven't seen them do before. I'm especially excited about The Security of Illusion being included.

My only regret is they never filmed Generation 13 performed in it's entirety. :(
mouseinamaze

Beitragvon Tillmann » Di Dez 16, 2008 11:43 pm

Right... Thats also a big wish of Jim Crichton... I talked about Gen 13 with him in Munich, and I've seen the sparkles in his eyes while talking about Gen 13 ...

:)
Tillmann

Beitragvon mouseinamaze » Do Dez 18, 2008 2:27 am

Tillmann hat geschrieben:Right... Thats also a big wish of Jim Crichton... I talked about Gen 13 with him in Munich, and I've seen the sparkles in his eyes while talking about Gen 13 ...

That's awesome!! It would be fantastic to have a live performance of Gen 13, even if they just did a one time video shoot for DVD in front of a small group of fans.
mouseinamaze

Beitragvon Tillmann » Do Dez 18, 2008 6:57 pm

Right... Big stage, choir, orchestra, actors, lights everywhere, decoration ... A dream :hase: :D

8) :roll:
Tillmann

Beitragvon kuschelhawk » Do Dez 18, 2008 7:18 pm

... and an audience of perhaps 50.000 people ?! :D
Come to me I will give and receive
All I need is for you to believe
Come to me I can help you feel free
Take my hand & understand that I believe
kuschelhawk
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Tillmann » Do Dez 18, 2008 7:55 pm

Nooo... 5.ooo in an opera or theater or something like that... classic like 8)

Gen13 isnt music for the masses, it's music for the few people wich love this album ;)

Tillmann

Beitragvon mouseinamaze » So Dez 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Tillmann hat geschrieben:Nooo... 5.ooo in an opera or theater or something like that... classic like 8)

Gen13 isnt music for the masses, it's music for the few people wich love this album ;)

BRAVO!! a perfect answer Tillman. :daumen:
mouseinamaze

Beitragvon Tillmann » So Dez 21, 2008 8:09 pm

;)

Now I know the missing word...

It's music for the people who appreciate this masterpiece :)
Tillmann

Zurück zu SAGA Fans around the world