For Susi

For Susi

Beitragvon Silent Knight » So Jan 11, 2004 4:52 pm

Hi Susi
I just miss one word in one of the Danish articles, then I've translatet it in english for you! (As good as I could). Maybe you can see what the word says?
Bild
The missing word is the first word in the second row under the picture of the two men sitting (The one with leopard clothes on)
www.saga-denmark.com

Bild
Silent Knight

Beitragvon Susi » So Jan 11, 2004 5:11 pm

šтуℓє « ιš, ωнαт уσυ [¢яєαтє]. ησт, ωнαт уσυ [¢σρу]
Susi

Beitragvon Gast » So Jan 11, 2004 5:36 pm

Susi hat geschrieben:hi John! :)

just try this http://saga-fans.org/gallery2/specials_ ... 001?full=1 :eg:

Okay Got it!
I'll mail it to you as soon as possible! But it won't be today, 'cause it's my mothers birthday so I have to go there soon :D
See you :D
Gast

Beitragvon Silent Knight » Mo Jan 12, 2004 9:01 pm

Susi, I didn't know if your e-mail works so I mail it here!

SAGA
LOVES DENMARK – WE GAVE
THEM THE BREAKTHROUGH

For the first time since Dr. Hook a foreign band has obtained to be world famous in Denmark – without being it in the world.
7.000 young Danes went crazy over Saga.

Copenhagen was that city on their whole Europe-tour, the Canadian band SAGA played most in – three times. The concert-organiser had counted on – through a good portion of luck – to make one sold out concert. Instead it became three, plus one in Aarhus and Vejle.
7.000 listeners. Wild enthusiasm. The atmosphere was the same as for an international soccer match between Denmark and Sweden. What is it then, the Danish audience has fallen for – together with Germany as the first country outside Canada to accept Saga completely and entirely? Saga is both heavy and symphonic at the same time. There are melody and beautiful passages in their songs – and still there is a thumping, characteristic rock influence in everything they make.
Four success-LP’s has brought Saga to a point where the whole world stands in line to adopt them - two world-wide record companies had spy’s in Copenhagen to look Saga out. They are now ready to be launched in a big scale. Maybe as the first band since Dr. Hook, where the Danes can maintain “We saw them first”.

Masculine bunch of energy
Saga singer Michael Sadler is a really macho-hero – with a tight self-conceited performance. An energetic bunch of muscles, he is the centre of the band, the outwardly face, a good singer, bass-player and keyboard-player, yes even drummer, but he is in no way all dominant.
Saga is not the world champs of music, but they have a chemistry, that works together – it is the whole, that makes the difference.
Through their one and a half hour long concert couldn’t we avoid dead spots, where the music stood still. The weak numbers could with advantage have been left out,
but maybe the stronger numbers need the weak ones to be set in relief, and then there were moments when everything went perfect.
The light was beautiful, the balance was good, the small agile guitar-player Ian Crichton was as usual effective, drummer Steve Negus is one of the steady craftsmen in rockmusic – and a drum-duet between Michael Sadler and Steve Negus became one of the head-numbers of the concert.
The secret behind the success of Saga is equal part inspiration and translation. And that they dare to go against the new wave-mainstream of rockmusic. They play that kind of music, which maybe not are highest fashion among the brightest, but in the other hand came wide out in the corners.
The Danish concerts were recorded for a live-album in mind – so the 7.000 Danes can hear their applauses on a live-album around the fall.

Michael Sadler – the energetic macho-leadsinger of Saga.

Michael Sadler went down among the audience to say hello.

Among the audience, who looked Saga out, were Franz Beckerlee, ex. Gasolin, and his friend Jørgen Wendorf, also known as Swing-Jørgen.

A fan in a spontaneous outbreak of enthusiasm.
www.saga-denmark.com

Bild
Silent Knight

Zurück zu SAGA Fans around the world