Guitars, Tabs and Amps

Guitars, Tabs and Amps

Beitragvon Stacey.C » Mi Mai 16, 2007 10:55 pm

Hey,
I have listened to Saga for quite a while as my parents (Mrs.C and Adrian.C) are great fans of the band. They introduced me to the band and I have taken a liking to their music. I would love to be able to play some of their music on guitar. Does anyone know where I can get tabs for any of their songs?
I am thinking of buying and electric guitar as I only play acoustic. Can anyone recomend any good makes that arn't too expensive?
Also if you know any good amp brands that would be very useful.
Thanks a lot
Stacey.C

Beitragvon Tillmann » Mi Mai 16, 2007 11:45 pm

Hey Stacey :D

here are Tabs for 2 songs ;)

http://www.sagaplanet.de/1NewLayout/Gui ... arTabs.htm

;)
Tillmann

Beitragvon Stacey.C » Do Mai 17, 2007 12:25 pm

Aww thanks v.much.
They seem a bit hard but I'm sure if I work at it in a year or two I'll be able to play them lol
:lol:
Stacey.C

Beitragvon Tillmann » Fr Mai 18, 2007 10:54 am

:eg:

Well... I mean, it's guitargod Ian Crichton :P What he is doing on a fucking guitar is not from this world, esspecially Don't be Late is very complicated in my opinion... :hut:

But I'm sure you will learn it :)

;)
Tillmann

Beitragvon Stacey.C » So Mai 20, 2007 1:13 pm

Will take a v.long time as Ian totally rocks the guitar! But I'm sure with a hell of a lot of work I could do it lol :rofl:
Stacey.C

Beitragvon IanCrichtonFan » Mo Mai 21, 2007 2:08 am

hi stcy, my tabs are not very good as i am not used to write tabs... but i gave and maybe i will give my very best! ;)

if you want to play guitar that sounds quite like ian you should buy yourself a fender-like guitar (or a good copy!). but, i think, les paul'ish guitars are good aswell. in the early years ian used both of them. nower days ian uses his custom "lado" and a musicman "silhouette" witch sound more like strats (especialy the mm guitar).

about amps: if you are able to play LOUD get yourself a marshall amp. there are various sizes and prize-categories. marshalls are very good distortionamps and are OK for clean sounds. if not: get yourself a behringer V-amp 2. this is a modeling amp, witch can be played with ear phones or even on your loudspeakers on your PC. it sounds very professional. the best about it: there are various presets in it, so you can plug and play, becouse if you take for example the "rock"-preset then it just sounds great! funny enought saga were endosers of behringer so ian got his own soundpreset. so you have ians sound of the "full circle" era! the bad thing about the v-amp is the hardware, so you have to be carefull!

the behringer stuff is vry good for beginners because they are quite professional and not thet expensive! (actually the v-amp is a kind of copy of line6' "pod" witch has better hardware. but it is more expensive aswell :)

i hope you were able to understand me. :)
i think i'm going bald! (rush, 1975)
viele grüsse david
IanCrichtonFan

Beitragvon Stacey.C » Di Mai 22, 2007 8:21 pm

Thank you very much for spending time answering my questions!
I will keep your advice in mind whilst looking for my guitar :D
Stacey.C

Beitragvon legins5 » Mi Mai 23, 2007 8:16 pm

Stacey.C.....a guitar hero in the making...watch out Ian!!! :D
legins5

Beitragvon Stacey.C » Fr Mai 25, 2007 9:44 pm

Lmao!
Haha Thanks Legins5 But I'm not that good yet! Hopefully one day I will be as amazing as Ian (god of guitar)! :D
Stacey.C

Zurück zu Ask the band