See ya round!

See ya round!

Beitragvon Uschi » So Sep 11, 2005 3:52 pm

Hi everybody, I would like to take this moment to announce my departure from SAGA.
I have a neurological condition called Dystonia which affects the co-ordination in my left arm and hand.
I had been diagnosed with this condition before I joined the band bit it has been getting progressively worse and some night's I can barely hold on to a drumstick,
My leaving has nothing to do with my relationship with the band members who are my buds and we will remain friends.
This is a very sad moment for me as I was honored to play in SAGA with some of tthe most talented musicians in the world. I will also miss you fans who are truly the most loyal I have experienced in my travels and any band would be lucky to have a group like you supporting them! I whish the band all the best in the future and would one again like to thank them for welcoming me into their family 3 years ago.
All the best.
Christian Simpson

Sorry to hear this! I don't know this condition but I hope it can be healed and I wish you a speedy recovery. I liked your drumming a lot and I felt that your influence contributed with just another facette to Saga's music. You will be missed!

Uschi
Uschi

Beitragvon Eva » So Sep 11, 2005 4:47 pm

Dear Christian,

We are all sad to hear that you have to leave Saga due to your health condition. We wish you all the best!!!

Eva
Eva
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Frank Aufmoog » So Sep 11, 2005 8:23 pm

Christian,

I'm sad to hear about your health conditions and that you will leave the band :(

You really did great performances on the Network CD and live on the stage. I hope this expirience was worth all the work and energy that you had to come up with.

Thanks for everything and all the best in the future

Frank
Frank Aufmoog

Beitragvon Tillmann » So Sep 11, 2005 10:05 pm

Hi Christian,

here are Tillmann and Florian from Suhl, (do you remember Nürnberg `04, "The Flyer"?) :D When we heard from your leaving and your illness we felt very sad! :cry: :cry:
You were a very good drummer and you did a great job on "Network". We will miss you,
and we will never forget you, because you were a part of SAGA, and definitly a good part.
Thank you for everything, your coolness, your heavy sound and your very friendly kind.
We wish you all the best for the future, and hope that you can use your drums very soon again!! ;)

Thank you, Tillmann and Florian, Jens and Bernd and all the Fans from Suhl ;) :eg: :eg:
Tillmann

Beitragvon Harald » Mo Sep 12, 2005 7:31 am

I am sad you have to leave SAGA in fact of your health condition. We loved you as a very nice guy and we will miss you.
We all hope that it can be healed and wish you all the best. ;)
Harald
Harald
Orga Team
Orga Team

Beitragvon Carmen » Mo Sep 12, 2005 12:02 pm

Hi Christian,
I´m very sad about what´s happened to you.I really liked your play with the drums. I would like to thank you for the drumstick you gave me in Beverungen.It has an honour place in my living room.I also told you that I enjoy the way how you play the drums on Network.
It´s so sad to loose such a good SAGA Drummer; you were so kind to us!
I wish you all the best for your future, Christian
and perhaps, we´ll meet again
Bye
Carmen
.....TRUST yourself.....
Carmen
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Trudes Oude Voshaar » Mo Sep 12, 2005 1:59 pm

Cristian I wish you all the best!

Believe sounded awesome. :D

Thanks for everything
Trudes Oude Voshaar
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon kuschelhawk » Mo Sep 12, 2005 2:20 pm

Christian, all the best from Berlin / Germany and a really very big

thank you

for the time you've shared with the :saga: -Guys and the fans :P

All the best for you and your health, and many many greetings

Carsten
Come to me I will give and receive
All I need is for you to believe
Come to me I can help you feel free
Take my hand & understand that I believe
kuschelhawk
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon IanCrichtonFan » Mo Sep 12, 2005 5:54 pm

hi christian

do you remember me? i was the guy who gave you the cd with the "saga medley" in krefeld. ich realiy like your way of drumming. it is very tight and straight - i like it.... i allways thought "man, this guy knows what he is doing!" .... and it makes me very sad, that you leave saga only 3 years after joining the group. i don't know much about the desaease you got, but i can imagine that it's not the best beeing a drummer with this desease.... is there any possibility for you, to stay in the musicbusiness (as a producer or a manager) ?

i wish you the very best and i hope that you will stay in mind by the saga fans, even if it was only a short periode you spent with saga!

yours david (that has seen you 3 times with saga!!!)
i think i'm going bald! (rush, 1975)
viele grüsse david
IanCrichtonFan

Beitragvon MichaelNoi » Fr Sep 16, 2005 10:09 am

Hi Christian,
I wish you can overpower your disease, don´t give up please.
I wish you good luck for your future and thank you for your drumplay!
Michael
MichaelNoi

Beitragvon AndySweden » Sa Feb 25, 2006 4:45 am

Is your drumtracks ever quantized or edited when for example one strike on the bassdrum is not 100 % tight, or do you have to do another take ?

Andreas, a curious drummer
AndySweden

Zurück zu Questions to Christian Simpson