[2006] Sam the Record Man taping..........

Beitragvon Sagajay » So Nov 26, 2006 6:41 pm

all i say is don't complain about how poeple get their material especially if managemenst doesn't do much to realeased this thing and it's simple don't let anyone videotape or recored and this problem will be solved again don't complain and then sit aroun and do nothing!!!!!!!!!!
and yes i'm pissed that the store is always close :box:
every time someting comes out i have to go nuts to buy it would be much easy if this things where sold from the bands website.
hypocrisy
hy·poc·ri·sy [ hi pókrəssee ] (plural hy·poc·ri·sies)

noun

Definition:

1. feigned high principles: the false claim to or pretense of having admirable principles, beliefs, or feelings
It would be sheer hypocrisy for them to turn around and do what they criticize in others.

i'm sure we all have had our share of illegal downloads.....................................
Sagajay

Beitragvon PGM » So Nov 26, 2006 6:48 pm

We have only been the management company for a few months! I can assure you the guys want merchandise released as much as you do!

We just released some retro shirts at the shows, there are a few available on the tour now.

We wil have the store open soon. I have no idea what was said before.

Regarding the illegal tapings, what's done is done. We will have something to announce soon.
PGM
Management

Beitragvon Adrian C » So Nov 26, 2006 6:51 pm

If it's on the net we can veiw it/download it.
The people who do these things have no scruples.
To shame them here may work. :o

If it's in the shop then we can buy it.
The online shop before was rubbish. Ok that was ages ago.
No shop since and I suppose a case of " let's do it right this time " prevails.
The new management seem to be doing fine.
We get more frequent updates than we ever have had.
I will apologise for my impaitence. :oops: :oops:
It's not over until it's over.
Adrian C

Beitragvon Puujisan » So Nov 26, 2006 8:35 pm

Hypocrisy?

1. I took pictures. They won't be posted. I have an unopened, autographed VINYL copy of 'In Transit'. It will never appear on E-bay.

2. The management / band ALLOWED all medium of audio/videotaping.

3. The management is not complaining that the material exists, they are complaining that someone took the material and posted all of it on the Net, which is NOT the average use of such material, it is not what everyone just automatically does.

4. The band is not taking steps to discourage fan documentation, they are AGAINST the use of that material if it decreases the opportunity for them to put that material out in a manner that benefits the band.

5. If the usage of the material creates a situation where the band can't produce material/merchandise for the fans, then the management can't 'market' the band, nor can it eventually even afford to deliver the official stuff.

6. Lost revenue means a DECREASE in production, a DECREASE in finances available to offer such services as, oh, I don't...ONLINE MERCHANDISING IN THE FORM OF AN ONLINE STORE...that they CAN'T deliver effectively on.

Case in point: I wanted to buy a SAGA tour shirt, but they didn't have my size. AND they WON'T have my size if they don't have the $$$ to order, design, and print shirts in my size.
Hypocrisy? Try this: You want as much free material as possible and then bitch that PGM doesn't offer service as efficiently or as fast as you want it? PGM / SAGA aren't the hypocrites here...

And besides...this is about MUSIC. The more we support SAGA, the more SAGA music we get. The more we hastily "consume" SAGA, the less SAGA we get. What's more important? The continuation of their music or their 'souvenirs'? Both? You can't have the latter without the former...unless you are merely into 'collecting' SAGA...

...then you aren't a REAL fan of the band.
Puujisan

Beitragvon Sagajay » So Nov 26, 2006 10:07 pm

blah blah blah is all i hear
When it comes to saga i'm one of the few saga fans that has the most memorabilia here legal; and illegal and why ? because i'm a true fan not from a few moths ago but for the past 20 plus years.
I'm not ashemed to admit to having lots a material that is not official again admiring saga ,wants me to have as much as i can .
The management is not complaining that the material exists, they are complaining that someone took the material and posted all of it on the Net again who cares about this bootleg junk? we all know that a real realesed is far better ,my ponit why complain when we could get something better officialy.
and you ask Hypocrisy?
yes Hypocrisy when i posted the show from new york a lot of people got it i didn't hear anyone complaning hey this might be wrong.................
here another one for the ones ofended ............ :peng:
moral

1. involving right and wrong: relating to issues of right and wrong and to how individual people should behave

2. derived from personal conscience: based on what somebody's conscience suggests is right or wrong, rather than on what rules or the law says should be done
Sagajay

Beitragvon Bertho » So Nov 26, 2006 11:15 pm

It's getting bizarre here...in the most improtant points we are all on the same page: SAGA should get what they deserve. Money they are working for. BUT, I have to agree to sagajay's point, that the bootleg stuff is not even close to the real stuff!!! That's it. So release a professionally made DVD set and we're all happy. Release a special CD recorded live in NYC - and we're all happy (although I have the posted stuff as well!). Stuff like that from NYC can work out fine for the band, as a teaser! I have seen SAGA in Hamburg earlier this year and thought about going to Hannover to see 'em again, but canceled the trip ('cause I've seen them tis year already). But then came the NYC gig and the sound files (thanks again sagajay ;) ). Since then I had the naggin' feeling to miss something when I don't try to see them again. So I changed my mind and now I will make the trip to Luebeck! I may not be the only one thinking that way! It's not all bad. BTW, I'm not talking about illegal ripping of official CD/DVDs!!!!!!!!!!! Still talking about amateur recordings known as bootlegs.... I don't need the bad quality download, I need high quality stuff for my DVD player! If possible at least with 5.1 audio! Or a SACD? THAT'S what I, and sure many other fans, really want! This definately can't be beaten by any illegal stuff!

A last word to Puujisan:

You describe yourself as a genuine SAGA fan, but doubt that a fan must have everything about 'his' band. But isn't exactly this need for everything related to SAGA that defines a true fan??? A real diehard? For me it does. (not including ripped CDs/DVDs!)
Bertho

Beitragvon Frank Aufmoog » So Nov 26, 2006 11:25 pm

I concur with Sagajay. This bootleg stuff is out there, was out there and will always be out there. Pink Floyds "Pulse" was for years as bootleg DVD on ebay! Only now they have decided to bring it out officially and the people still buy it, cause they know if pink floyd brings out something it's always special and highest quality.
SAGA was much too late with the first video/dvd and still there is no full concert out there which shows the atmosphere and brilliance of SAGA. They missed to put out a concert from the HEADS or TALES tour. The recording from Canadian TV was not as good as some other concerts here in germany. Also the beginning, the ending and the order of the songs were different.
Frank Aufmoog

Beitragvon PGM » Mo Nov 27, 2006 12:55 am

OK, let's just all agree to disagree here.

The bottom line is it takes money and revenue to continue to provide a product. I would assume reasonable people would understand that. You're all adults, if you have no problem with illegal downloads and pirated copies thats your right. Perhaps some of you will buy the official copies, the reality is a lot of people won't.

Let's move on. The bottom line is it was a very special night and we appreciate that many of you were able to share it with us.
PGM
Management

Beitragvon Puujisan » Mo Nov 27, 2006 3:25 am

As a fan of the band (I saw them in high school before they were even called SAGA), I still don't believe a TRUE fan has material that in any way makes it harder for SAGA to thrive. That's all I will say. :saga:
Puujisan

Beitragvon Frank Aufmoog » Mo Nov 27, 2006 11:07 am

PGM are you saying that that bootleg somewhere out there is exactly the same material that you have taped? This is something under your control then. Not putting it on any official release makes it even more precious for the one who have it now. And if you where about putting it on the homepage as video-stream I do not understand the whole discussion. But I agree that we all love SAGA and want the best possible for the Band, just we have a contrary point of view how to get there. 8)
Frank Aufmoog

Beitragvon Bertho » Mo Nov 27, 2006 6:56 pm

Frank Aufmoog hat geschrieben:PGM are you saying that that bootleg somewhere out there is exactly the same material that you have taped? This is something under your control then. Not putting it on any official release makes it even more precious for the one who have it now. And if you where about putting it on the homepage as video-stream I do not understand the whole discussion. But I agree that we all love SAGA and want the best possible for the Band, just we have a contrary point of view how to get there. 8)

Good point, Frank.

Now let's wait for the real stuff!!!

:saga:
Bertho

Beitragvon PGM » Mo Nov 27, 2006 7:43 pm

It's not the same obviously..........

Are we ready to let this thread die? :roll: :evil: :o :D
PGM
Management

Beitragvon Bertho » Mo Nov 27, 2006 8:09 pm

PGM hat geschrieben:It's not the same obviously..........

Are we ready to let this thread die? :roll: :evil: :o :D

Well, I'd say yes... ;) Good discussion, though. :D

Go SAGA!!!
Bertho

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mo Nov 27, 2006 11:19 pm

I want to buy the Sam's Trust party dvd. Please make it available.

In this day and age, everything is taped. People have freakin video cameras in their cellphones. If you look on line you can find videos of everything. I saw Bret Michaels and Bobby Dall from Poison get into a fist fight on stage. I saw Michael Richards shout racial remarks at some hecklers. You can not get away with anything nowadays. Everything is recorded. So please reconsider.....I want to see this show.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon saga1over » Di Nov 28, 2006 1:46 am

All I have to say it was a great show. It was nice to meet the new management and the wife :rofl: Also seeing SAGA perform their new CD great as always . THUD :o
Always good to see the boys perform and to get autographs and see some friends.

Also I think this is the most we have had going on a discussion thread. :zuend: Saga makes us ver y passionate. Great to see the forum is coming along too.

All I know is I am looking forward to seeing the show on DVD or here online. I concur that everything is filmed these days especially with the new phones.

I just wanna say lets have a group hug and agree to disagree. Like Management said :rofl: :angel: :feier: :laola: :saga: :saga1: :herz: :weihnacht3: :yourock: :love02:
See You in my dreams
saga1over

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu News 2001 - 2006