North American Tour Plans????

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mi Sep 26, 2007 5:14 am

sagalady hat geschrieben:Longlivesaga and Social Orphan, you guys completely missed my point.

It is so easy to sit and complain (and I am not talking Saga fans only but fans in general) about the (insert band) not touring in (insert hometown and country). It is impossible for bands to get gigs where there is no strong following.

I'm based in two countries who both used to be massive for Saga and neither one of them will see a visit during the farewell tour. I have to cross waters and borders to go see them and it won't come cheap.

Marketing of CD is the responsibility of the (insert band) record company. Marketing of the show is the responsibility of the promoter for (insert band) concert. Please do not complain about managements.

I'm sorry if I stepped on any sore toes however - I stand by what I said and my post is not intended to be disrespectful to the band nor to any of you guys here. I wish they had the backing of a major label and radio would play their songs every day and they'd be touring with a big production and Sadler wouldn't leave. The eighties are gone and we live in a different time and as you so eloquently said - you have a familiy etc etc etc.I'm glad you are going to see them in Toronto. I wish I could. Would be great to see the band in their home town, alas - I too have responsibilities.

And as for husband - have yet to meet a man I want to marry although many have tried. ;-)

Sagalady

No Sagalady you missed my point. I have known since 1985 that the USA may not be the market for Saga. I understand this just as much if not more than you. When did I ever say that Saga should tour the USA.....I NEVER said that. At least as a headliner. Saga I feel could've won back some American fans by playing some shows here....as a support band or member of an 80's with say three other bands similar. Look Saga with say the Fixx, Alarm, Asia, Styx, Toto, etc. But you know what, I am sure Saga and Saga management knows better than I. I understand totally what the guys go thru. I am ok with it....like I said I have felt this way for a long time.

Look I saw Saga in 1985 Behavior Tour. They tried playing the State Theater in Detroit. I was at that show. The place was 80% empty. Some girls were yelling....On The Loose! On the Loose! On the Loose.! One girl actually stopped the show to tell Michael to play On the Loose now because she had to go home. I remember seeing the guys and how disappointed they were. Actually Saga played an abbreviated show that night. Michael said what the heck.....played On the Loose for the girl and went home. Dancing on the stage with her during the song.....she got a dance and I felt like throwing my beverage at her. I was bummed as many of what was in the audience was bummed because they were huge Saga fans like me. Saga has never came back to Detroit (although ironically played Sarnia twice which is less than an hour for Detroit in Canada). But I knew at that point Saga was never playing the US again and I understood it. This was the Behavior Tour. Saga played On the Loose, Wind Him Up and Saga's greatest bits (portions of songs)...other than that they played maybe 6 songs off of Behavior and that was it. No Don't Be Late, No Flyer, No CAreful Where you Step, No You're Not Alone. You do not need to talk down to me.

Just read my email again. Some poster said the US does not like Saga. That is not true. There are plenty here that like Saga. I remember the guy sitting next to me at the Behavior show above taking a bus from Northern Michigan (5 hours) to see Saga that day. Pretty bummed he was to see Saga walk off the stage because some girl had to meet some friends at the bar.......many were bummed including Saga themselves I understand. If you remember correctly Gilmour and Negus left Saga following that tour. Maybe there is not enough to tour here....again I never said that should plan a US Tour. But then you went off on this rude rant. Twisting my words around than saying I did not understand your point as a comeback. I understood your 'point' very well. You are a very rude person....point taken.
Zuletzt geändert von Social Orphan am Mi Sep 26, 2007 3:35 pm, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon longlivesaga » Mi Sep 26, 2007 2:35 pm

I guess we're jealous that SAGA tours Germany and the rest of Europe for their last tour.

I noticed this morning that the last show with Michael is on PPV. I for one will try to catch that one. I will purchase the license when I get home from work.

Hopefully the dvd will come out shorlty after.

As for SAGA....Let me know if you require help in getting a venue in Montreal.
Club Soda was pached for the Network tour.
longlivesaga

Beitragvon sagalady » Mi Sep 26, 2007 10:35 pm

Social Orphan hat geschrieben:Just read my email again. Some poster said the US does not like Saga. That is not true. There are plenty here that like Saga. I remember the guy sitting next to me at the Behavior show above taking a bus from Northern Michigan (5 hours) to see Saga that day.

This really isn't a contest on who's been a fan longest or who traveled the furthest to see this or any other band.

Pretty bummed he was to see Saga walk off the stage because some girl had to meet some friends at the bar.......many were bummed including Saga themselves I understand.

The one thing I love about this band (and many other bands) is that they will play a disastrous venue and still put on a highly professional show. Cudos to them.

I do understand the guy being bummed out, though. Any loyal fan would be. I can also see a band being bummed out about some chic in the audience being a selfish prat ruining it for everybody else.

Maybe there is not enough to tour here....again I never said that should plan a US Tour. But then you went off on this rude rant. Twisting my words around than saying I did not understand your point as a comeback. I understood your 'point' very well. You are a very rude person....point taken.

For the record, my response to your post was not directed at you as a person but a blanket post. If I wasn't tired and snowed under with work I'd run the search engine here and pull up links to posts with repeated requests for gigs in US, which is great. Keep banging the drum and maybe more will join and maybe it will be an incentive for the promoters.

Equally there are posts were management is being blamed for lack of touring in (insert country). And the post (whomever it was who said it) stating that one should not buy their new CD until they play that particular town would have the exact opposite result.

I'm not trying to backpeddle on my words. I stand by what I said. However - please understand it was not a personal attack on you. Nor did it include any name calling. Flaming should be kept off forums. (Heated debates are cool, though. They can end up in something positive.) We are all here because we are fans of this band and want the best for them and probably all of us would like all our friends to be equally as manic about this band as we are. I know I do.

Did a lot of driving today. My poor sister (who isn't exactly a fan but appreciate their music) was subjected to listen to quite a lot of the back catalog as that is what my ipod was playing in the car. Cranking out "Cat Walk" as loud as I could handle when I was on my own was a bliss.

Incidentally, Head Or Tales was the first tour I saw Saga. I'm still bummed I missed the Generation 13 tour and am truly jealous at those who did.

Sagalady
sagalady

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Do Sep 27, 2007 4:14 pm

It is not easy being a Saga an in the US. Over the years some of the cds were not even available here. Radio stations have not played Saga in ages. And Like I said Saga has not toured here in 22 years. So those of us Saga fans still around are very big fans. It is too bad this country is so stread out because if Saga could get all of us into one area they would probably have the time of their lives play for us.

I have seen Saga 5 Times in concert:

HoT tour - Detroit
Behavior Tour - Detroit
Gen 13 - Hamilton Ont
Full Circle Tour - Sarnia Ont
Marathon Tour - Sarnia Ont

Will be seeing them on the 6th also. Can not wait. Although will be bittersweet.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon jeeep » Do Sep 27, 2007 4:50 pm

Saga....please play Ottawa !!!!
jeeep

Beitragvon dmeehan » Do Sep 27, 2007 11:00 pm

WOW... I haven't read any posting in this thread for awhile... I need to clarify a few things..

The dates in Canada were not posted as early as the other so-called fan sites.. because the shows were not confirmed at first... Then we were force to post some un-confirmed dates because of the leak... and it ended up changing several times before the final shows were posted. Believe me,, it wasn't the band that juggled the dates around... it was the promoter & logistics with 3 band members living in Canada and 2 living in California.

As far as them not playing in your town.... I talk to the guys often,,,, and they wanted nothing better than to do a FULL every major city Tour of Canada & USA. Unfortunately.. these large scale tours take time & money to organize & book,, and with Michael's announcement, a DVD, and 2 CD projects in the works at that time... There just wasn't enough time, resources, or written in stone commitments by any larger promoters to do so..

you never know what the future holds... I plan on working for them for years to come...

hahaha.. hope this explains a few things to the best of my knowledge

keep rockin...!!!!
dmeehan
Orga + Mod
Orga + Mod

Beitragvon fhemmer209 » Fr Sep 28, 2007 12:23 am

dmeehan hat geschrieben:
hope this explains a few things to the best of my knowledge

keep rockin...!!!!

Oct 5 is still listed as TBA. Any word on a show that date?

Fred
fhemmer209

Beitragvon longlivesaga » Fr Sep 28, 2007 1:38 pm

Thank you dmeehan. You're da best working for a class act!

Long Live SAGA
longlivesaga

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Fr Sep 28, 2007 5:27 pm

dmeehan hat geschrieben:WOW... I haven't read any posting in this thread for awhile... I need to clarify a few things..

The dates in Canada were not posted as early as the other so-called fan sites.. because the shows were not confirmed at first... Then we were force to post some un-confirmed dates because of the leak... and it ended up changing several times before the final shows were posted. Believe me,, it wasn't the band that juggled the dates around... it was the promoter & logistics with 3 band members living in Canada and 2 living in California.

As far as them not playing in your town.... I talk to the guys often,,,, and they wanted nothing better than to do a FULL every major city Tour of Canada & USA. Unfortunately.. these large scale tours take time & money to organize & book,, and with Michael's announcement, a DVD, and 2 CD projects in the works at that time... There just wasn't enough time, resources, or written in stone commitments by any larger promoters to do so..

you never know what the future holds... I plan on working for them for years to come...

hahaha.. hope this explains a few things to the best of my knowledge

keep rockin...!!!!

Thanks for the update. I figured the unconfirmed thing was a big part of it. I am sure it is a crazy time for you all. Keep up the good work.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon FlyerPR » Sa Sep 29, 2007 6:09 am

canadian press article about saga : http://www.simcoe.com/article/48753

Bild
FlyerPR

Beitragvon sagalady » Sa Sep 29, 2007 9:34 pm

dmeehan hat geschrieben:

The wonderful world of webmastering the official (insert band) site, eh? Seen tours go down the drain because some fan-site posted unconfirmed dates while still being negotiated and thus killed negotiation making the band do the show at a loss or tours getting pulled, bands sued by fans booking non-refundable flights to get to the gigs and so on.

As I do for other bands what you do for Saga, I feel for you.

Sagalady
sagalady

Beitragvon BLB1 » Mo Okt 01, 2007 1:58 am

sagalady hat geschrieben:
dmeehan hat geschrieben:

The wonderful world of webmastering the official (insert band) site, eh? Seen tours go down the drain because some fan-site posted unconfirmed dates while still being negotiated and thus killed negotiation making the band do the show at a loss or tours getting pulled, bands sued by fans booking non-refundable flights to get to the gigs and so on.

As I do for other bands what you do for Saga, I feel for you.

Sagalady

Actually if anyone is referring to the Oakville,ON show I never saw it posted on any "fan" site, I got the info from Ticketbreak which is a company that is a ticket broker agency, the same one that is selling tix for the Barrie and Toronto shows, so i would hardly call it speculation. I had tickets in hand so I would think it would be safe to assume that the show would go on.

This leads back to what these local "club" shows actually are, a warm up for the big tour and nothing more. you can't really do much promotion and build up a show in less than two weeks.

g'day :lol:
BLB1

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Di Okt 02, 2007 5:04 pm

fhemmer209 hat geschrieben:
dmeehan hat geschrieben:
hope this explains a few things to the best of my knowledge

keep rockin...!!!!

Oct 5 is still listed as TBA. Any word on a show that date?

Fred

I think at this point with October 5th being three days away...I think we can assume the show will not happen.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon fhemmer209 » Mi Okt 03, 2007 2:33 am

[/quote]

I think at this point with October 5th being three days away...I think we can assume the show will not happen.[/quote]

I agree. Oh well. Looking forward to the show Thursday and guess I will catch John McLaughlin on Friday before flying back home Saturday.

Fred
fhemmer209

Beitragvon jeeep » Mi Okt 03, 2007 2:10 pm

Now I'm really pissed !!! No Ottawa/Montreal/Quebec city shows for the last tour with Michael !! :box: What's this ????
jeeep

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Tour 2007