North American Tour Plans????

North American Tour Plans????

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Do Mai 10, 2007 11:39 pm

Hi:

I am writing this because I really want to see Saga this summer. The last tour with Michael. I am making my summer vacation plans now as I write and would like to know if I should make plans to go to Canada this summer. If we are not going to have tourdates in North American please let us know asap. I live in Detroit so of course Detroit would be best but Ontario is my backup plan.

Thanks.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon dickr » Fr Mai 11, 2007 7:05 am

Yes. Please let us LOYAL fans know ASAP!!!!! :D
dickr

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Di Mai 15, 2007 10:20 pm

I ask because an old friend who lives 100’s of miles away wants to do a buddies trip to an amusement park. I don’t want to say yes I will go only to find out Saga has decided to tour somewhere in Michigan or Ontario. Doubt seriously the wife would allow two solo trips in such a short time. My friend is waiting for my answer. Does Saga plan on a North American Tour?
Social Orphan

Beitragvon jeeep » Fr Mai 18, 2007 5:53 pm

YES I second that :D PLease play OTTAWA !
jeeep

Beitragvon markymark » Sa Mai 19, 2007 4:54 am

Gwen left us a message on Michaels forum, no North American dates it sounds like until September :(

Too bad was getting used to those Hamilton and London,On. shows during the summer . At least we have something Saga wise to look forward to

Markymark
markymark

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mo Mai 21, 2007 3:58 pm

markymark hat geschrieben:Gwen left us a message on Michaels forum, no North American dates it sounds like until September :(

Too bad was getting used to those Hamilton and London,On. shows during the summer . At least we have something Saga wise to look forward to

Markymark

But even that is not guarenteed. I hope us here in North America will get to experience Saga this year.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon fhemmer209 » Do Aug 30, 2007 7:54 pm

Any reason why we can't get shows here in North America?

Fred
fhemmer209

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Fr Sep 14, 2007 5:18 pm

I wonder that too. It was said Canadian Dates end of September. It is now Sept 15 and still no announcement.

Look I understand Saga is not breaking up. I will support Saga even after Michael leaves. But I live here in the USA.....we all know Saga never plays here. In case you all don't know Beginning January 1st 2008, passports will be required for US citizens to enter Canada. I am a person that does not do international travel...maybe one day I will but as of now no. So I basically have til the end of this year. Knowing Michael is leaving Saga I would LOVE to see them one more time....I will buy and support Saga but acquire a passport to travel to Canada for 3/5 of Saga is not something I will do.

Unfortunately even the September dates look impossible now and Saga's schedule looks pretty full for the rest of the year. You can not schedule a show two weeks beforehand.....Europe has had months to prepare.

So come on guys, some Canadian Dates please.....before the end of this year. PLEASE...there I have resorted to begging.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon BLB1 » Sa Sep 15, 2007 11:04 pm

Social Orphan hat geschrieben:I wonder that too. It was said Canadian Dates end of September. It is now Sept 15 and still no announcement.

Look I understand Saga is not breaking up. I will support Saga even after Michael leaves. But I live here in the USA.....we all know Saga never plays here. In case you all don't know Beginning January 1st 2008, passports will be required for US citizens to enter Canada. I am a person that does not do international travel...maybe one day I will but as of now no. So I basically have til the end of this year. Knowing Michael is leaving Saga I would LOVE to see them one more time....I will buy and support Saga but acquire a passport to travel to Canada for 3/5 of Saga is not something I will do.

Unfortunately even the September dates look impossible now and Saga's schedule looks pretty full for the rest of the year. You can not schedule a show two weeks beforehand.....Europe has had months to prepare.

So come on guys, some Canadian Dates please.....before the end of this year. PLEASE...there I have resorted to begging.

okay no more begging, if you are willing to make the 4 hour drive to Oakville,ON
then come on down and see the guys rock the joint, you have 2 weeks to make the plans here is the info

http://www.ticketbreak.com/event_details/1520

for those entering Canada by land then a drivers licence or photo ID maybe required if they even ask you.

the venue is a bar with a capacity of 450 or so, get there early as seating is extremely limited and you can not see the stage from all areas.

For those coming from a distance there are a lot of hotels within a short drive, Holiday inn, Motel 6 etc.

Show starts at 10pm however there is an opening band, I found out about this show via a friend who got an email newsletter from Ticket break which is a ticketmaster type company, you can get your tickets online and print them out and away you go.

I just got back from the venue with my tickets, after witnessing the magic at Sam the Record Man I am so looking forward to this.

g'day :D

BTW while on www.ticketbreak.com there is another show the following Thurs. In Barrie,ON which is about 1 hour north of Toronto, they are doing a show with Goddo, too bad it's a thursday night or I would consider it.
BLB1

Beitragvon Social Orphan » So Sep 16, 2007 4:35 am

I will make the Oakville show. Rounding up the buds and will buy tickets on Monday.

Thanks for the great info!
Social Orphan

Beitragvon BLB1 » So Sep 16, 2007 6:01 pm

Glad that I could help, the shows were announced last week, no idea why it is not posted on the site though.
It's an easy drive from Detroit to Oakville, we head down your way every August to the Nascar race.

Maybe Steve Negus will show up as he lives no too far from Oakville.
BLB1

Oakville show

Beitragvon fhemmer209 » So Sep 16, 2007 8:10 pm

Thanks BLB1 for the heads up. I wouldn't have known about this otherwise. I have my tickets and my wife and I are flying up from Florida just for the show. Can't wait.

Fred
fhemmer209

Beitragvon BLB1 » Mo Sep 17, 2007 3:03 am

That will make for a nice weekend, you can either fly into Buffalo and cross the border, it's about an hour drive or fly into Toronto and Oakville is about 1/2 hour.
Should be a great show, nice warm up show for the upcoming tour, hopefully some new tunes to boot! If they can match what I saw at The Sam the Record Man gig I will be very happy :D

Have a safe journey
BLB1

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mo Sep 17, 2007 4:00 pm

Hi, these will be the only two canadian dates? I will have to back out of plans my wife made for us with her boss on that day....and she will have to go alone. Eeks. But that is why we need more than two weeks to plan. I will be in the doghouse for this one but will do what I have to to see Michael's farewell tour.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon BLB1 » Di Sep 18, 2007 5:17 pm

If I hear or see any other shows I will post it, hopefully there will be more, if not before the European dates perhaps after. I mean where else should Michael's last show with the band be but where it all started.
BLB1

Nächste

Zurück zu Tour 2007