šтуℓє « ιš, ωнαт уσυ [¢яєαтє]. ησт, ωнαт уσυ [¢σρу]
Susi

Beitragvon BLB1 » Fr Sep 21, 2007 10:03 pm

Susi hat geschrieben:OK this is confirmed:

Oct. 4th Barrie. Ontario - Random Ranch
Oct. 5th tba.
Oct. 6th Toronto, Ontario - Jeff Healey's Roadhouse
Oct. 9th Brantford, Ontario - Jackhammers

I wish they would keep the website updated as i am sure that there are fans that don't even come to the "forum".

Too bad about the Oakville show, I have 5 tickets and evryone but myself can't go to any of the other shows, on the plus side healey's roadhouse is a nice venue with good sightlines so i will just go to that show.
BLB1

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Fr Sep 21, 2007 11:02 pm

What do I do with my Oakville tickets now?
Social Orphan

Beitragvon BLB1 » Fr Sep 21, 2007 11:20 pm

Social Orphan hat geschrieben:What do I do with my Oakville tickets now?

If you bought them online via ticketbreak go here;

http://www.ticketbreak.com/event_details/1520

hope that you can make it to the Toronto show on saturday
BLB1

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Fr Sep 21, 2007 11:32 pm

Do you know of any cheap places to stay around Jeff Healey's in toronto? I believe it is downtown and thus more expensive...maybe a place in a nice area outside Toronto to stay. Maybe take the Subway into Toronto. Planning for the big city is more difficult. Liked the Brantford area but a Tuesday is tough..because would have to take at least parts of two days off work to go...not hard for me but planning on bringing others.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon longlivesaga » Mo Sep 24, 2007 2:23 pm

Their North American tour consists of What 4 dates. All in the Toronto region!
I can't wait anylonger. Here's my thing. If SAGA doesn't care about their Montreal/Quebec fans, maybe we shouldn't buy their last cd with Michael!
It seems like they're being forced to tour their homeland.

It's not fair, for a fan that owns every Saga and solo work ever released. I guess my streak ended with their TRUST cd and WA DVD.
longlivesaga

Beitragvon BLB1 » Mo Sep 24, 2007 2:51 pm

longlivesaga hat geschrieben:Their North American tour consists of What 4 dates. All in the Toronto region!
I can't wait anylonger. Here's my thing. If SAGA doesn't care about their Montreal/Quebec fans, maybe we shouldn't buy their last cd with Michael!

It's not fair, for a fan that owns every Saga and solo work ever released. I guess my streak ended with their TRUST cd and WA DVD.

From the way I see it this is not a "North American Tour" by any means.
They just finished recording the new CD and these are warm up shows before heading over for the BIG tour. These dates were confirmed just 2 weeks before the gigs hardly enough time for any venue tp properly promote any show. I believe that we will see more shows in NA at the end of the tour especially in Quebec as I know that Saga has a lot of fans there.

g'day 8)
BLB1

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mo Sep 24, 2007 3:15 pm

longlivesaga hat geschrieben:Their North American tour consists of What 4 dates. All in the Toronto region!

When was the last time Saga played Quebec? A couple years ago?

Don't be so bitter. Saga hasn't played Detrot since 1985...22 years!

I am making the hike to Toronto for the show. Montreal can not be any further away than Detroit.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon danny » Mo Sep 24, 2007 3:17 pm

Maybe it´s not Saga, who don´t want to tour in North America, maybe it´s North America that doesn´t want Saga!!!

I suppose the band is asking for venues in the US and Canada, but perhaps the presenters don´t want them....did you ever think about this possibility?
Woher soll ich wissen, was ich denke, bevor ich höre, was ich sage?

If you try to bind me a bear on I get fox devils wild.....

Danny
:cold:
danny
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Mrs.C » Mo Sep 24, 2007 5:12 pm

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Well said Danny ;)
Anything can happen
When I close my eyes
Mrs.C

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Di Sep 25, 2007 5:30 am

danny hat geschrieben:Maybe it´s not Saga, who don´t want to tour in North America, maybe it´s North America that doesn´t want Saga!!!

I suppose the band is asking for venues in the US and Canada, but perhaps the presenters don´t want them....did you ever think about this possibility?

I somewhat understand what you are saying. And really I am not one here on this forum to ever criticize Saga for that. I know how it goes. I realize Saga is not a headliner in the USA. I do believe though if Saga got on the proper tour as a support act it could be worthwhile. I remember reading somewhere that Styx enjoyed Saga opening for them a few years back in Canada, Or a tour with other 80's bands. Something like that might do Saga well. Again I don't understand the financials of it all. So I give the guys the benefit of the doubt. Me, I am just happy I live close enough to Canada where I could make these trips.

I think to say America doesn't want Saga however is a bit harsh. That is not true. Some of Saga's most diehard fans are here. In fact I know of about one dozen people that would love to see Saga, but we are older now. They can not make round trips to do it. Saga play Detroit or within an hour of I could round about people up. Problem is word of mouth. How do you get people in their late 30's and 40's out to the shows? Radio is not even the same as it was in the 80s.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon sagalady » Di Sep 25, 2007 3:31 pm

Social Orphan hat geschrieben: In fact I know of about one dozen people that would love to see Saga, but we are older now.

*turn on sarcastic tone*
Wow! One dozen! It's a sell out! Really, the band has to tour US just so those one dozen can see the band. Never mind the 1000+ that will go see them at each gig in Germany. Who cares about them. 1000 per show in Euerope (at 32 gigs amounts to 32000) is NOTHING compared to the 12 (twelve) in US.

Sell the tickets at $35 and the money will certainly pay for travel, hotels, crew, marketing, promoters, food, lights, PA etc. Expecially when the band only needs to do a maximum of 12 gigs to make sure each and every one of these 12 people get to see the band.
*turn off sarcastic tone*

Seriously speaking. Do you *really* think any promoter in US would touch the band with a barge pole if they'd only be guaranteed 12 tickets sold? I mean - how many went to the show at BB King's in New York.

I really don't understand fans sometimes. (yes, I work in this business, although not with Saga. I'm just a fan.) who are so lazy that they won't do a 3 hour drive to a gig to see the band they like. I get e-mails from fans (of another band) who complain that the band plays 1 hour down the road from them when there is a venue around the corner from where they live and can't be arsed to team up with their mates to travel that 1 hour to the venue. Get a life!

Then saying "we should not buy their album in <insert> because the band does not tour here. Say what?! That is the absolute best way to NOT get them to play your home town. If the promoter see that there is no CD sales in the town they won't book the band. NO cd's sold = not enough fans to cover the cost of putting up the show.

Being a musician at this level is NOT a hobby. It is a job. If people keep downloading illegaly and not buy tickets to shows because they can't be bothered than there will be no touring bands and no CDs/MP3 downlads produced by these bands. Studios cost money. Printing CDs cost money. Setting up servers to distribute via internet cost money. Printing tickets cost money. Buying instruments cost money. Getting to the gig cost money. Everything comes with a price tag and if those costs can't be covered and generate some sort of profit so the musicians can put food on the table and feed their family there is no point in touring or even working as a musician. I've toured with a very well known Jazz band where I was paid more than the band members. I was guaranteed a fee and the band split the proceeds. It's not the first time it happens.

Record companies and promoters are not killing music. Fans are.

If you want good quality recorded music and your favorite band playing in your home town or a town near you, then start BUYING the music legally and BUY tickets. Buy your friend a CD/ticket for christmas/birthday.

Ok, rant over. I'll get off the soap box and get me coat.

Sagalady
sagalady

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Di Sep 25, 2007 4:47 pm

sagalady hat geschrieben:
Social Orphan hat geschrieben: In fact I know of about one dozen people that would love to see Saga, but we are older now.

*turn on sarcastic tone*
Wow! One dozen! It's a sell out! Really, the band has to tour US just so those one dozen can see the band. Never mind the 1000+ that will go see them at each gig in Germany. Who cares about them. 1000 per show in Euerope (at 32 gigs amounts to 32000) is NOTHING compared to the 12 (twelve) in US.

Sell the tickets at $35 and the money will certainly pay for travel, hotels, crew, marketing, promoters, food, lights, PA etc. Expecially when the band only needs to do a maximum of 12 gigs to make sure each and every one of these 12 people get to see the band.
*turn off sarcastic tone*

Seriously speaking. Do you *really* think any promoter in US would touch the band with a barge pole if they'd only be guaranteed 12 tickets sold? I mean - how many went to the show at BB King's in New York.

I really don't understand fans sometimes. (yes, I work in this business, although not with Saga. I'm just a fan.) who are so lazy that they won't do a 3 hour drive to a gig to see the band they like. I get e-mails from fans (of another band) who complain that the band plays 1 hour down the road from them when there is a venue around the corner from where they live and can't be arsed to team up with their mates to travel that 1 hour to the venue. Get a life!

Then saying "we should not buy their album in <insert> because the band does not tour here. Say what?! That is the absolute best way to NOT get them to play your home town. If the promoter see that there is no CD sales in the town they won't book the band. NO cd's sold = not enough fans to cover the cost of putting up the show.

Being a musician at this level is NOT a hobby. It is a job. If people keep downloading illegaly and not buy tickets to shows because they can't be bothered than there will be no touring bands and no CDs/MP3 downlads produced by these bands. Studios cost money. Printing CDs cost money. Setting up servers to distribute via internet cost money. Printing tickets cost money. Buying instruments cost money. Getting to the gig cost money. Everything comes with a price tag and if those costs can't be covered and generate some sort of profit so the musicians can put food on the table and feed their family there is no point in touring or even working as a musician. I've toured with a very well known Jazz band where I was paid more than the band members. I was guaranteed a fee and the band split the proceeds. It's not the first time it happens.

Record companies and promoters are not killing music. Fans are.

If you want good quality recorded music and your favorite band playing in your home town or a town near you, then start BUYING the music legally and BUY tickets. Buy your friend a CD/ticket for christmas/birthday.

Ok, rant over. I'll get off the soap box and get me coat.

Sagalady

Actually I don't appreciate your sarcastic tone. I never said that Saga should come here for 12 people. Actually your comments infuriate me.

One thing you should know Miss Twist People words are to make them feel like a stupid ass is that for one read my email again. I said I understand why Saga don't play the US. When I said 12 people I was just saying I know 12 people that like Saga who would go see them in a second if they came here. And if you know Neilsen research at all 12 people means more than 12 people. But that is ok, the point I was trying to make is that when the other poster said no one here cares about Saga. That is not true at all. You can take your sarcastic email stick it in your bread of choice.....and eat it. Smart ass.

One more thing. I am making the trip to see Saga in Toronto. It wasn't easy though. I have a wife and kids. My wife is not the type that believe that her husband should travel all over the place on buddy trips. I ahve kids I have a lot of responsibility. Just got socked with a $1100 gas bill due in three weeks. But you know what I pleaded and I am going because it is Michaels last tour. I am going and I may just be going by myslef.....but my wife is not going. Making this trips is not easy for every one even if it is three hours. Nice of you to try everyone's shoes and be so judgemental.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon longlivesaga » Di Sep 25, 2007 5:04 pm

Well said Social Orphan.

With all business, it takes marketing. I believe with proper marketing from SAGA's management and record company, more effort is in order. The only 3 songs, our local rock station play are: scratching, wind him up, and on the loose. If you have an online poll, most rock fans in NA think SAGA does not exist anymore.

I for one, will continue to purchase Gilmour's cd's. I believe, he is as talented as my other favorite keyboard player. Mr. Tony Banks!

AS for sagalady (and I really don't mean lady) Wish your husband my apoligies.
longlivesaga

Beitragvon sagalady » Di Sep 25, 2007 8:25 pm

Longlivesaga and Social Orphan, you guys completely missed my point.

It is so easy to sit and complain (and I am not talking Saga fans only but fans in general) about the (insert band) not touring in (insert hometown and country). It is impossible for bands to get gigs where there is no strong following.

I'm based in two countries who both used to be massive for Saga and neither one of them will see a visit during the farewell tour. I have to cross waters and borders to go see them and it won't come cheap.

Marketing of CD is the responsibility of the (insert band) record company. Marketing of the show is the responsibility of the promoter for (insert band) concert. Please do not complain about managements.

I'm sorry if I stepped on any sore toes however - I stand by what I said and my post is not intended to be disrespectful to the band nor to any of you guys here. I wish they had the backing of a major label and radio would play their songs every day and they'd be touring with a big production and Sadler wouldn't leave. The eighties are gone and we live in a different time and as you so eloquently said - you have a familiy etc etc etc.I'm glad you are going to see them in Toronto. I wish I could. Would be great to see the band in their home town, alas - I too have responsibilities.

And as for husband - have yet to meet a man I want to marry although many have tried. ;-)

Sagalady
sagalady

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Tour 2007