Brantford Show

Brantford Show

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Do Okt 11, 2007 3:17 pm

Anyone any info on that one? Curious about how it went. Setlist?
Social Orphan

Beitragvon I'm Late » Do Okt 11, 2007 4:53 pm

At the last minute (unemployed), I drove 14 hours round trip :o :car: to see our beloved band for the last time. :cry: It was the GREATEST time of my life. I got to spend time with the band prior to the show. I was in heaven. :angel: SAGA is 2nd to none & is a class act. They make to time out of their busy lives to spend those precious moments with their fans! Thank you! :thanx:

Punative crowd, I'm very open-minded and a pacifist, but I don't understand why No. America has shunned this most gracious group. Top 40 is so status quo. Their loss. I have been a devoted fan since 1980, thanks to MTV. I have promoted the band since then & always will. SAGA, to me, is needed as much as the air I breathe!

Same set as the Toronto show.

The band, as always, played with heart & soul! We have all been there & have seen nothing less.

I have been blessed to witness the last show with the "Original" authors of this great & wonderful story. It was nothing short of a GREAT ending!
:saga: lives on.......
The Truth has no words!
I'm Late

Beitragvon Uncle Al » Do Okt 11, 2007 5:13 pm

I made the road trip from Detroit to the Brantford show at Jackhammers. It was a last minute decision and I’m glad I did it. The club was located in a strip mall with a capacity of 700. About maybe 100-200 people were there but some of them were there for the poker night that was going on in the back of the club. The small stage set up in a corner of the club. It wasn’t as small as the Club 247 stage but they really had to cram all their equipment up there. Steve brought his monster double bass drum kit. I was happy to see that. The electric drums just don’t do it for me in sound and appearance. Daryl and Steve were in the bar before the show and were approachable.

They came on around 9:30 and played till 11 or so. The set list appeared to be the same as TO. They opened up with Trust and the first notes by Gilmore shook the joint. Steve still needed some more practice on Trust and As Far As I’ll Go (oh well, it looks like he won’t have to learn any 10k Days or Trust songs now). The band looked like they were having a great time on stage. They were loose and and having fun. Michael sang his ass off. His voice clear and strong. What a great front man. The banter between Michael and the crowd was funny. He did some Q and A. Someone asked him how they pick songs for the set “ We write all our songs on a pieces of paper, put them in a hat and throw it in the air. Whichever ones fall on the floor is what we play”. Steve and Michael were playing off each other the whole show and were smiling and laughing a lot. When Michael introduced Steve it sounded to me like he was in for the whole tour. Maybe neither of them knew that Steve was going to get kicked in the groin later. Steve looked like the happiest guy in the place all night. Ian’s playing was amazing, hitting everything note for note. He broke a string playing Your Not Alone and got another guitar at the end of the song. He straps on the new axe and goes into the opening riffs of The One and it clearly sounds out of tune. Ian is waiting for Steve to crash into the song. Steve wouldn’t continue until Ian tuned up and they started the song over. I thought it was great that they weren’t taking things too serious. Daryl did Scratching the Surface solo. His playing and vocals were excellent. It was another great Saga show and I’m glad I made the trip.

I got to meet Brian’s twin brother. Now, I didn’t even know that he had a twin nor have I ever seen Brian in person. I thought is was Brian. These guys are identical. I see him in the crowd, enjoying the show, drinking a beer and I’m thinking WTF is Brian doing here. It’s too bad how things play out sometimes. I feel so bad for him.

Thank you Saga for playing a few shows for us hard core fans. I’m bummed out that it’s all over. It doesn’t matter to me what the brothers do after this. It will never be the same. I’m just glad that I got to see them a few times. Many fans, especially the ones in the States, never got the chance. I will miss you.
Jeff
Uncle Al

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Do Okt 11, 2007 8:39 pm

Keep in mind that the show was only scheduled two weeks beforehand. Need to have proper time to promote the shows. That did have something to do with it. Also all three shows were in relatively the same vacinity. I know people lving in the Toronto area attending multiple shows. At most these shows were an hour away from each other. The Saturday even show had to be the most appealing to most.

As for brian's twin, there were two brothers in Helix. Was this the other one?
Social Orphan

Beitragvon I'm Late » Do Okt 11, 2007 11:30 pm

Yes, he is!
Brent, came out with a new cd recently,Brent Doerner's Decibel.
Great cd! Brian plays on it as well.
I had to do a double take as he walked by me during Scratching the Surface. :o
The Truth has no words!
I'm Late

Beitragvon dmeehan » Sa Okt 13, 2007 8:01 pm

hehe,, I just wanted to say in my defence that the guitar tuning thing wasn't my fault.. Ian uses 2 guitars & they are both tuned differently,, so when he broke a brand new string (never usually happens).. he just asked for his other guitar which was not in the same tuning.. he tried to do a quick tune by feel... hehehehe.. it didn't quite work...

That's rock n roll!! hehe he laughed it off,, and kept wailing.

see you all in Europe!.
dmeehan
Orga + Mod
Orga + Mod

Beitragvon I'm Late » Sa Okt 13, 2007 8:32 pm

That's all right..........
We'll forgive you this time :rofl:
We'll blame it on the string manufacturers :lol:

It was great meeting you ! :)
The Truth has no words!
I'm Late

Zurück zu Tour 2007