Helmond

Helmond

Beitragvon Trudes Oude Voshaar » So Nov 25, 2007 2:18 pm

was cancelled by Saga!! i'm very dissapointend!!!
I hope saga will make a statement why they didn't perform.
and why Saga didn't stay to talk with all the fans!!!

Jee the last time i could see Saga with Michael as a singer.
Saga always sings you're not alone, yesterday it felt very alone!!!!
As a fan I felt let down!!
Trudes Oude Voshaar
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon thuur 10000 » Mo Nov 26, 2007 10:55 am

echt concert is niet doorgegaan????

naja goed dat ik er niet heen ben gereden......
al wat gehoort+

thuur
thuur 10000

How fu**** up life can be.

Beitragvon Yellowbird » Mo Dez 03, 2007 4:03 am

Hi there, :oops: sad SAGA fans.

SAGA's been my favourite band since a friend introduced me to their good music about 1995. I've never been on a concert with them but told my wife I'd like to get a ticket for my 40th birthday. Now I'm 38, and my brother in law living in Holland asked me after I was on my first concert ever (Dream Theatre - Oslo) since I am Norwegian, how my favourite band SAGA where doing. I checked the net and saw the sad news, Sadler quitting???? what a pity, but thats his choice and life.

So I asked my nice wife if it was ok if I went to Holland for the concert, kind as she is she agreed. I brought our 5 year old daugther so she could meet with here family in Holland. My brother in law bought tickets for us, and for the first time in life I really knew things where going through.

A bit personal but.. my father made many promises about traveling when I was kid, and it never went through so even if I've traveld alot in the world as adult I need to sit on the site for a couple of days to realize it's happening.

I told my brother in law for sure I will shed some tears because of the emotions cause that I will finally go on my first concert (and probably last chance with Sadler) with my absolute favourite band. He said come on, I said I will bring sunglasses, and I did. Some days before I was listening to SAGA in my parent in laws house in Holland and my eyes went wet. FINALLY it's going to happend !!! I was so enthusiastic.

The saturday arrived, we went with bus, got there in time, met a minor crowd walking the wrong way from Plato??? disappointed comments??? I said to my brother in law "Something is wrong"

There a cheap-shit poster, no public comments, speaking to the guards getting more like rumors??? WTF is happening. We stayed there for some beers, hoping to get a glimpse of my musical heroes, but no! :(

I've not been so disappointed in many many years, I just felt like sharing my sad story. Coming all the way from mid-Norway, flying to Oslo, then to Amsterdam, by train to South Holland, bus from there to the concert and a poor hand-written poster. I'm glad my friends from Norway didn't have the time to join me.

I'm glad my daughter got the chance to see and meet Sinterklaas and the Zwarte Piets, and it was very nice to have here hugging me when I (38 years??) later cried at my wifes parents house listening to SAGA, the band that disappointet me so..

Life goes on, it sucks sometimes, I'll allways have the music from SAGA and the memories about the experience that never happend :(

Thx for reading my self-pity story :oops:
Luis Fonseca NORWAY
No pierdas más tiempo, porque la vida es corta!
http://flightlog.org/fl.html?l=1&a=28&user_id=687
Yellowbird

Beitragvon Mr.Behaviour » Mo Dez 03, 2007 2:55 pm

Sad indeed, BUT, why didn't you see Saga at Oslo this year?? I was there and it was great!
You didnt had to travel so far! A bit risky to pic a veneue in Holland to see Saga?! I will go to see them in Münich as the last show, tickets are still availble so take a chance!
But still I had been very very disapointed too...dont think I feel for your anger.
See U all fans in Münich on Wednesday!! :lol: :lol:
There's so many ways but only one way to get out!
Mr.Behaviour

This is the reason why not in Oslo.

Beitragvon Yellowbird » Mo Dez 03, 2007 3:23 pm

Hi Mr.Behaviour.

I'm Norwegian living in Norway with my Dutch wife and our daughter, my parents are gone, so my wife and daugher are alone. I work on an oil-rig so I'm away for 1/3 of the year, I fly paraglider so I go to some competitions during the year, and I do a paragliding trip during the winter to South-America. So my goodwill budget is quite used.

So thats why I wished for SAGA tickets for my 40th birtthay, planned to go on concert in Oslo where I know they've played frequently. And by coinsidence I found out that Sadler will leave the band, and my only chance to go on a concert after I found out and before he leaves, was in Helmond.

I'm not blaming anyone, just a very sad experience that I wanted to share. A once in a lifetime experience/chance that went down the drain. BUT still i think that the band, or a member of the band could come to give us some comforting words.. would have taken 5-30 minutes, for several of us it took us days....

Vertical greetings -Luis- :oops:
No pierdas más tiempo, porque la vida es corta!
http://flightlog.org/fl.html?l=1&a=28&user_id=687
Yellowbird

Beitragvon Mr.Behaviour » Mo Dez 03, 2007 3:41 pm

OK, I can understand your situation now. But also think of Saga which never before had cancelled any show for 30 years!! They were very upset about the ignorance of the fact that 230 volts through your body KIlls! And the dutch people working at Helmond just thought that Saga and their fans should take such a risk!? Quit stupid I think, this place should be closed down until they fix the electrical stuff! Saga tried to do a lot of suggestions but as they ignored it they went away before any fans came to the show, so hard for them to say anything? I do hope that they can do another show for the Dutch fans, but it wont help you anyway... I have been to many shows that have been cancelled, like Guns & Roses etc.
Its sad but true in the musical world, but as long as the band dont cancel its fine, then its due to technical reasons it really sucks big time!! So shame on this Helmond venue!

Saga forever!
Mr.Behaviour

Beitragvon Dherberg » Mo Dez 03, 2007 6:25 pm

Let's say it probably is more of a disagreement between crew and Plato management then real faulty electricity.

First of all, Dutch laws are severe enough to prevent lousy electrical installations. The building is not very old
Furthermore SAGA played there two years ago and this year over 50 bands played the venue too.

Something went wrong, I cant agree more'.
I was lucky enough to be anle to dirve to the south of germany so I could still see them one more time.

But coming all the way from Norway................. damn :box:

Coen
Dherberg

Beitragvon Mr.Behaviour » Mo Dez 03, 2007 6:36 pm

Hm, it still sounds strange that Saga should cancel a show, the last show for the fans, just because of disagreement with the Plato?? And the same day!! Not very likely! But the whole thing sounds strange to me. I went to the 2 shows in Denmark and the sound and lights was the best I have ever seen in small venues like that!! And I go to 20-30 shows/year!
I think Münich will be the best show ever by Saga! I hope they have a "Kraftwerk" to power all the lights for filming the show!! :-?
Mr.Behaviour

Beitragvon sagalady » Mo Dez 03, 2007 7:11 pm

Mr.Behaviour hat geschrieben:I think Münich will be the best show ever by Saga! I hope they have a "Kraftwerk" to power all the lights for filming the show!! :-?

HAHAHAHA!

I worked as lighting crew at an indoor festival that was filmed for TV. All we got on the talkback was the TVcrew screaming "more lights on the audience" until the LD told me to pull the plug on the feed over to him so he didn't have to listen.

13.000 people who had paid good money for the tickets to attend got a crappy lightshow thanks to the TV producer being a total vidiot! All of us in the lightcrew refused to have our names credited when the show was brodcasted as we didn't want to be accounted for the horrible lighting (mind you, the LD for the headline act asked if he could buy the design for the rig as he loved it so the crap lighting was in no way the fault of the LD of the festival. The only one to be blamed was the short sighted TV crew.)

Al is one heck of an LD and very confident. I hope he can work out a compromise with the video people.

But those of you who attend, be prepared to have a lot more lighting in the room to what you are used to. It kind of comes as a standard when a concert is being recorded for TV/DVD release.

Sagalady
sagalady

Beitragvon Mr.Behaviour » Di Dez 04, 2007 9:32 am

I'm not worried, its 2008 and the TV cameras dont need much lights! In Stockholm for the "Marathon" DVD it was very dark and still ok picture! Tonight I will see Nightwish in Stockholm, hope it will be as good as last time! And tomorrow I will fly to Münich for the last Saga show, jiiiihoooo!!! :D
Mr.Behaviour

Beitragvon sagalady » Di Dez 04, 2007 1:18 pm

Mr.Behaviour hat geschrieben:I'm not worried, its 2008 and the TV cameras dont need much lights! In Stockholm for the "Marathon" DVD it was very dark and still ok picture! Tonight I will see Nightwish in Stockholm, hope it will be as good as last time! And tomorrow I will fly to Münich for the last Saga show, jiiiihoooo!!! :D

Marathon, let me think.... I believe I was there and the entire show was not filmed there. Nor was it done with a professional filmcrew. I have the DVD somewhere but haven't really watched it.

The gig in Munich is being filmed by a professional crew, as to my understanding.

And yes, I know cameras are better these days. They are part of what pays my bills these days.

;-)
sagalady

Beitragvon Mr.Behaviour » Di Dez 04, 2007 2:13 pm

Oops! Dont remember a Saga show?? I remember my first 1983 at Hovet in Stockholm, Heads or Tales show, what a concert it was! The show at Berns was filmed completely but only the titel song was on the bonus dvd of the All Areas box. Well if the Münich crew are professional as you say ,they for sure wont light up the whole venue I hope!? Anyway it will be good as hell if its like it was in Copenhagen & Odense! And why not Sweden this last time?? :evil:
But I hope to see Saga in the future with new singer and the sound of the 3 last cds!

Saga Forever! :hut:
Mr.Behaviour

Beitragvon sagalady » Di Dez 04, 2007 9:01 pm

hahaha!
Olympen Lund, 1983 (Got a lift with Mickey Dee back to Gothenburg. He wasn't a famous drummer back then.) and the next one was Oslo whatevertheheckthatvenueiscalled, a couple of days later. Then London, UK, Quebec City, Toronto, London Ontario. And from then on many many many times. Too many to remember. I missed the filming of Montreal by a day or two.
sagalady

Zurück zu Tour 2007