Heading to Puerto Rico

Heading to Puerto Rico

Beitragvon fhemmer209 » Sa Dez 08, 2007 9:17 pm

Things fell in place today and my wife and I are flying to the show tomorrow night. I saw the first show in Canada and will now catch the last show.

I am excited!

Fred
fhemmer209

Beitragvon SAGA-NORWAY » Sa Dez 08, 2007 11:50 pm

Have a great trip, wish I could have been there.

Steinar
SAGA-NORWAY

Beitragvon sagalady » So Dez 09, 2007 12:57 am

Isn't the show on the 9th? You better hurry then.

Have fun, regardless.
sagalady

Beitragvon fhemmer209 » So Dez 09, 2007 2:33 am

sagalady hat geschrieben:Isn't the show on the 9th? You better hurry then.

Have fun, regardless.

Yes it is. We fly out in the morning.

I will post about it when I get back home.

Fred
fhemmer209

Beitragvon kp4un » So Dez 09, 2007 12:57 pm

fhemmer209 hat geschrieben:
sagalady hat geschrieben:Isn't the show on the 9th? You better hurry then.

Have fun, regardless.

Yes it is. We fly out in the morning.

I will post about it when I get back home.

Fred

Have a safe flight and enjoy your time here - we are going to have one big party!!!!
kp4un

Beitragvon FlyerPR » So Dez 09, 2007 10:20 pm

Let's get this party started! Hours away from the main event here....:2:
FlyerPR

Just returned from San Juan

Beitragvon fhemmer209 » Di Dez 11, 2007 6:53 am

My wife and I just got home from last night's San Juan show. We are tired but thrilled that we made the trip.

I didn't write down the set list like I did for the opening show in Canada but I can say it was similar to what I read about last Wednesday's show. A couple of differences was starting with The Interview and ending with Don't Be Late. Maybe somebody else will post the complete list. Show lasted right at two hours. Overall the performance was great .

The venue was full and you could tell this was a very loyal Saga crowd. There was reserved seating on the floor for about 300 with general admission standing behind and to the side of the seats. I was surprised the fans with reserved seats sat for basically the whole show and only really stood in unison for the two encore songs, Humble and DBL. This didn't mean the audience wasn't into it as they sang loudly and clearly were familiar with the words.

Obviously there were a lot of emotions going on. The announcer spoke Spanish so I couldn't understand what was being said but it was clear he was paying tribute to the band and referencing the significance of this final show with Sadler. I sensed some emotion on Michael's part during Time's Up and 10,000 Days. I know there was on our part. It was different watching a great show while at the same time feeling saddened by the reality of the finality of it all. After DBL and the final bows were over the rest of the band left the stage and Michael stood by himself. His final word before leaving was simply "adios."

After the show we were fortunate to meet the band and talk with them in the dressing room. All of them were very cordial and humble and they looked spent. They were really nice to us. It was a laid back scene and I can't help but wonder how much of this was due to the fact that things are now different. Michael will be hard to replace. But he seemed excited about the upcoming birth of his baby (a boy we were told) and was looking forward to the future.

Although we were in San Juan for 24 hours it was a very nice visit. All of the locals we met were very friendly and treated us well. We look forward to spending some more time there in the future.

Fred
fhemmer209

Beitragvon Laeusel » Di Dez 11, 2007 8:55 am

Thank you for the great overview Fred. :D
Ciao
Laeusel 8-)

"Ich habe nie groß darüber nachgedacht, wie ich sterben werde.
Aber anstelle von jemandem zu sterben, den man liebt, scheint
mir ein guter Weg zu sein, um zu gehen."
Laeusel
Orga + Mod
Orga + Mod

Re: Just returned from San Juan

Beitragvon kp4un » Mi Dez 12, 2007 3:49 am

fhemmer209 hat geschrieben:My wife and I just got home from last night's San Juan show. We are tired but thrilled that we made the trip.

I didn't write down the set list like I did for the opening show in Canada but I can say it was similar to what I read about last Wednesday's show. A couple of differences was starting with The Interview and ending with Don't Be Late. Maybe somebody else will post the complete list. Show lasted right at two hours. Overall the performance was great .

Although we were in San Juan for 24 hours it was a very nice visit. All of the locals we met were very friendly and treated us well. We look forward to spending some more time there in the future.

Fred

Hi, Fred!

Glad to hear you and your wife had a good time at the concert and in San Juan as well. A friend managed to get Chris Sutherland's setlist, which I published here:

http://forum.saga-germany.de/viewtopic.php?t=5352

Make sure to come back to Puerto Rico soon!

Orlando
kp4un

Re: Just returned from San Juan

Beitragvon fhemmer209 » Mi Dez 12, 2007 4:36 am

kp4un hat geschrieben:[Hi, Fred!

Glad to hear you and your wife had a good time at the concert and in San Juan as well. A friend managed to get Chris Sutherland's setlist, which I published here:

http://forum.saga-germany.de/viewtopic.php?t=5352

Make sure to come back to Puerto Rico soon!

Orlando

We would like to. We stayed in Condado and had dinner in Old Town at The Parrot. It was excellent. I would guess we met a dozen or so locals and everybody was very nice and helpful. The promoter, Junior Otiz, personally helped us with reservations and tickets and, most importantly, getting us backstage after the show. We look forward to a return trip.

Fred
fhemmer209

Beitragvon TwilightStance » Fr Dez 14, 2007 6:14 am

Hi fhemmer209, glad that you enjoyed the concert and your stay in Puerto Rico.
By any chance, do you know why the band refused to meet fans after the show?
A friend of mine said that they looked very p****d.
What about the bootleg dvd that was being sold at the merchandise table?
TwilightStance

Beitragvon fhemmer209 » Fr Dez 14, 2007 5:26 pm

TwilightStance hat geschrieben:Hi fhemmer209, glad that you enjoyed the concert and your stay in Puerto Rico.
By any chance, do you know why the band refused to meet fans after the show?
A friend of mine said that they looked very p****d.
What about the bootleg dvd that was being sold at the merchandise table?

I saw them meet a number of fans so I am somewhat confused. And I wouldn't say they were pissed but they were somewhat reserved. I attribute that to the fact that the reality that that was their last show together with Michael was being absorbed. I know it was a somber feeling for me. I never got to the merchandise table.

BTW, On the Loose from that night is on youtube.

Fred
fhemmer209

Beitragvon FlyerPR » Fr Dez 14, 2007 6:02 pm

this was not just another concert, this was michael's goodbye concert. there was a lot of emotion going around and some fans had teary eyes at the end, i am sure it was a difficult moment for michael and the band, saying goodbye is not easy, mostly after having such a wonderful and special concert, it was great
FlyerPR

Zurück zu Tour 2007