Die Queen........

Die Queen........

Beitragvon Chris » Fr Mai 26, 2006 1:33 pm

.....haben wir nicht gesehen, dafür aber ein paar ganz lustige Typen getroffen, die sich zusammen Iron Maiden nennen *hihi*

Und offensichtlich sind Iron Maiden ganz grosse Saga Fans.
Besser Spinner als Schön!!!!
Chris
Orga + Mod
Orga + Mod

Beitragvon Susi » Fr Mai 26, 2006 2:05 pm

Ja, die beiden waren echt cool! 8)
Update from Dave Ling's (UK rock journalist) diary.

I'd had reservations about attending last night's Saga concert at the Garage. The Canadian pomp maestros have been one of my fave bands since they opened for Styx at Hammersmith Odeon in June 1980 on the 'Silent Knight' tour and I even had the thrill of witnessing people being thrown into swimming pools and various dodgy toilet cubicle activities at a post-show party after the band had headlined the same London venue. But Saga stayed away too long in the 1990s, and various unspportive record labels exacerbated the problem. They still remain big stars on the continent, but here in Britain their once glorious flame has dwindled to something resembling a bunsen burner. The new album, 'Trust', was also a little bland. So it was with an ominious feeling that I entered the modest confines of the Garage to find my worst suspicions confirmed - only a couple of hundred
people had turned up.
But there was a ray of optimism: Just as the lights were about to dim, none other than Steve Harris and Nicko McBrian walked in, both looking very excited. Steve hadn't seen Saga since the Lyceum back in 1981, and Nicko was a total Saga virgin - though the band's records are still often played on Iron Maiden's tour bus. Must admit, I ended up having a coupla dry white wines and enjoying things far more than expected. Ian Crichton is a stunning guitarist with a style all of his own, and it was thrilling to see the group (now completed by ex-Helix drummer Brian Doerner) in such intimate confines. There was lots of banter with the audience and they treated it a little like a paid rehearsal, with frontman Michael Sadler quipping: "Few people get to see us playing on huge stadium stages like this." Newies like 'It's Your Life' and 'I'm Okay' sounded far better live, and on Phil Ashcroft from Fireworks magazine's recommendation I'll definitely give the album another listen. Ultimately, though, the set was cut short (my fave 'The Perfectionist' had actually been on the list) and it's hard to imagine Saga coming back to Britain again. Steve Harris was as amazed and disappointed as anyone at the size of the audience, certainly when juxtaposed with their enormous talent
šтуℓє « ιš, ωнαт уσυ [¢яєαтє]. ησт, ωнαт уσυ [¢σρу]
Susi

Beitragvon Tillmann » Fr Mai 26, 2006 2:44 pm

:hase: :hase: :hase: :hase: :hase:

:respekt:

:saga:

:yourock:

Das is ja toll das STEVE HARRIS!!!! und NICKO sich das Konzert angesehen haben... :yeah:

Wie wäre es denn mal mit ner Doubleheadlinertour...??? :P

:saga: + IRON MAIDEN

:eg:
Tillmann

Beitragvon Leo Cameo » Fr Mai 26, 2006 11:18 pm

Don't forget You also met the Notorious Sir Wilkie of Farnborough :eg: ;) :lol: :lol:
Leo Cameo

Beitragvon Susi » Fr Mai 26, 2006 11:30 pm

Meeting Wilkie was THE highlight of that evenings festivities! ;)
šтуℓє « ιš, ωнαт уσυ [¢яєαтє]. ησт, ωнαт уσυ [¢σρу]
Susi

Beitragvon Leo Cameo » Sa Mai 27, 2006 12:39 am

Susi hat geschrieben:Meeting Wilkie was THE highlight of that evenings festivities! ;)

Hahahahaaaaaaa.........I'll bet ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leo Cameo

Beitragvon StefanvonKirchharpen » Sa Mai 27, 2006 9:41 am

cool Nicko und Steve bei nem SAGA Konzert. Iron Maiden hab ich früher auch immer gehört, müßte mal wieder ne Platte von denen auflegen ZB Live after death. die find ich klasse...
anarchist reactionary running-dog revisionist
hindu muslim catholic creation/evolutionist
rational romantic mystic cynical idealist
minimal expressionist post-modern neo-symbolist
armchair rocket scientist graffiti existentialist
StefanvonKirchharpen

Zurück zu Tour 2006