Worpswede - My Review!

Beitragvon Harmonia » Mo Apr 20, 2009 12:03 am

Great Tillman and thanks for the slang makes it more genuine :lol:
You look, good to Me.
Harmonia

Beitragvon Tillmann » Mo Apr 20, 2009 12:07 am

wegebakira hat geschrieben:First of all, thanks to Tillman for this great review. It gives even me the feeling having been part - just a little bit - of the Show.
Secondly partly funny translation which mouseinamaze arranged. For example : mitm Fadder ( with his dad ) this is german " slang" so no system could really translate it or sheperd dog it anschnuppern ... :lol: . I was laughing while reading this mix for englisch and german.

Now that you say it I'm rollin on the floor laughing :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Tillmann

Beitragvon Steve Brooke » Mo Apr 20, 2009 2:36 am

sagalady hat geschrieben:
Steve Brooke hat geschrieben:
Or maybe I should post my review in Swedish?

:hut:

YaY! Ow yes please do... you guys sound awesome :lol:

Men håll käften. :lol: :lol:

:hut: :hut:

Zuletzt geändert von Steve Brooke am Mo Apr 20, 2009 11:02 am, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Steve Brooke

Beitragvon Adrian C » Mo Apr 20, 2009 10:00 am

Don't panic.
I for one will try the babel fish which I had forgotten about.

I know that you are all full of NEW SAGA shows but some countries are not on the tour list and we only want to share a little with a review.
It's not over until it's over.
Adrian C

Beitragvon kuschelhawk » Mo Apr 20, 2009 10:46 am

what a fantastic review, Tilli :daumen:
Come to me I will give and receive
All I need is for you to believe
Come to me I can help you feel free
Take my hand & understand that I believe
kuschelhawk
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Pitchman in a Maze » Mo Apr 20, 2009 12:29 pm

Thank you Tilmann for this amazing Review although it were more than the 200 words I expected :lol:
I understand, that it is impossible to explain these feeling in a foreign language. I'm also not able to do this. Hopefully there is one person in the forum who can do it, because it will be very interesting for all the fans who are not able to see de boys live.
Unser Leben ist viel schwerer als das unserer Vorfahren,
weil wir uns so viele Dinge anschaffen müssen,
die uns das Leben erleichtern.
(Gabriel Laub)
Pitchman in a Maze

Beitragvon mouseinamaze » Mo Apr 20, 2009 5:32 pm

sagalady hat geschrieben:Mouse, you flipping rock!

thank you sagalady. :D
Here is the best I can do with translating the translation. :lol:
I'm going to start with Tillman describing It Bites, the opening act for Saga.

It Bites performed for 40 minutes in the style of Marillion and Styx. Very pleased, the frontman Sulhern from Movie Theater was already known to us.
It Bites left the stage, Amp, Mic, Keys, etc were all checked out then the lights went out and the Intro to Human Condition was played, one by one the gentlemen came on stage, only the middle spot was empty, Ian and Jim played together, amazing how quickly and perfectly they play. Then it came, white shirt, jeans and stylish shoes..Rob Marotti, at first he appeared nervous but got going quickly. The Flyer was retained(I believe this means played the way they always did at first). I have tried to respect the new voice but I'm still not sure.

You Were Right was extremely good and should become a new classic.
They play play played but I will not go into all songs, (then something about his memory).
Book of draw lots, brilliant as always,(the rest I don't understand)
Then Now is Now and Step Inside played, I was very pleased, Now is Now has the best refrain of the new cd."If I should fall, would race to again Does in a place I've never lakes
I'd do it all over again, want you to remember me

Step Inside is heavy, so hard Very beautiful by the way. It's cool to see the Crichton brothers play side by side..very rock n roll.
After that it became very interesting, Humble Stance, Jim C at the bass, he played it as good as Michael, Jim C is bass. Yes! but it seems the song was not performed the same way, it did not sound the same to me. In any case Rob sang this very well.

After that my personal surprise was Scratching the Surface, the piano version like last tour. It didn't hold me, I would like to hear it the old way.

After that, 2 new songs..Crown of Thornes was very good with a cool refrain, You look good to me is a good mood song just like the words.

After that the Saga hymn began.."Look at him running, it's so far to go, he's very short of breath and he'd say

DOOOOOOOON'T BE LATE!!!!!!
It worked out, the hall raged and Rob sang it super. Jim C plays the bass but just in the beginning.
The same applies to You're Never Alone...needs sharpening.
The same applies to Careful (I think he means these songs need work)
After loud cheers, the band returned and played On the Loose..the crowd erupted, Rob did well and everyone was satisfied.
The band bowed and thanked everyone, then disappeared.
I am enthused and still am.

Daryl very happily introduced Rob.
Rob received the end of the solo on keyboard for Humble Stance, great respect, where there is a will, there is a way.
Jim C struck me too tender during Alone, very cool action.
Steve Brooke, we finally made it., what a nice way to meet you. You original, tough, nice guy. Keep it real bro, you'll go your own way.

That is the review by Tillman, the rest of the text is what followed the show.
Thanks again Tillman, please feel free to correct anything I may have misinterpeted.
mouseinamaze

Beitragvon Tillmann » Mo Apr 20, 2009 5:48 pm

Thank you, I will correct a few things after work, promised ;)
Tillmann

Beitragvon sagalady » Mo Apr 20, 2009 6:18 pm

mouseinamaze hat geschrieben:
sagalady hat geschrieben:Mouse, you flipping rock!

thank you sagalady. :D
H
Then Now is Now and Step Inside played, I was very pleased, Now is Now has the best refrain of the new cd."If I should fall, would race to again Does in a place I've never lakes
I'd do it all over again, want you to remember me

It should be

If I should fall
to rise again
in a place I've never seen
I'd do it all
over again
will you remember me.

:)

And as for Scratching - it is played the old way. With full band line-up and sounds great.

And thank you so much for translating the translation.
sagalady

Beitragvon Tillmann » Mo Apr 20, 2009 6:34 pm

I wrote that with Scratching, it's just wrong translated, no problem, as I said, I'll correct it at home ;)
Tillmann

Beitragvon sagalady » Mo Apr 20, 2009 7:09 pm

Tillmann hat geschrieben:I wrote that with Scratching, it's just wrong translated, no problem, as I said, I'll correct it at home ;)

Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up.
sagalady

My English Review... Finally!

Beitragvon Tillmann » Mo Apr 20, 2009 10:14 pm

Sooo... The translation of the translation of the translation :rofl:

It Bites performed for 40 minutes in the style of Marillion and Styx. Very pleased, the frontman was allready known to us from his project KINO, check it out!.
It Bites left the stage, Amp, Mic, Keys, etc were all checked out then the lights went out and the Intro to Human Condition was played, one by one the gentlemen came on stage, only the middle spot was empty, Ian and Jim played together, amazing how quickly and perfectly they play. Then it came, white shirt, jeans and stylish shoes..Rob Marotti, at first he appeared nervous but got going quickly cool and professionell. The Flyer followed but still I was a lil bit critic ^^ I've listened to his voice really exactly and with each song it became better and better.

You Were Right was extremely good and should become a new classic.
Book of Lies was brilliant as always. Only during Ian did his genius solo Rob started singing a lil bit too early :eg: But he came out of the situation very professionell ;)
Then Now is Now and Step Inside played, I was very pleased, Now is Now has the best refrain of the new cd."If I should fall, too rise again... In a place I've never seen, I'd do it all, over again, will you remember me...? Yes I will! 8)

Step Inside is heavy, so hard Very beautiful by the way. It's cool to see the Crichton brothers play side by side..very rock n roll. :)
After that it became very interesting, Humble Stance, Jim C at the bass, he played it as good as Michael, Jim C is bass ;) . Yes! It sounded as always, but I'm not really sure about the way playing it, who's got an idea, tell me 'bout the keys ;) . In any case Rob sang this very well.

After that my personal surprise was Scratching the Surface,NOT the piano version like last tour.
The full version as on Detours! A dream came true :hase:
After that, 2 new songs..Crown of Thornes was very good with a cool refrain, You look good to me is a good mood and it seems as they wanted to make it a singalong live classic :)

After that the Saga hymn began.."Look at him running, it's so far to go, he's very short of breath and he'd say

DOOOOOOOON'T BE LATE!!!!!!
It worked out, the hall raged and Rob sang it super. Jim C. played the Moog untill the last part of the song, but there was no Michael to give him the bass, so he allready weared the bass on his shoulder ;)
The same applies to You're Not Alone...Different voice but still 100% SAGA!.
The same applies to Careful , an classic and always good :P The mood was fantastic during the solo!
After loud cheers, the band returned and played On the Loose..the crowd erupted, Rob did well and everyone was satisfied.
The band bowed and thanked everyone, then disappeared.
I was enthused and still I am. :hase:

Daryl very happily introduced Rob twice this night, they all looked very proud while he did that!

Certain cool things:

Rob played some accords on the keys during the key / guitar battle in Humble Stance, respect! Where a will, there's a way 8)
Jim C put his plec between my hands during You're Not Alone, very cool action.
Steve Brooke, we finally made it., what a nice way to meet you. You original, tough, nice guy. Keep it real bro, you'll go your own way.

YES! That's it, now everythings right I think ;)

Enjoy it :D
Tillmann

Beitragvon Trudes Oude Voshaar » Mo Apr 20, 2009 11:05 pm

Tillman, you're the best!!! :)
Trudes Oude Voshaar
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Tillmann » Mo Apr 20, 2009 11:11 pm

No, I'm not ;) But indeed, I'm really proud of my review, it costs time, but they concert and the 2 days are worth it! :hase:
Tillmann

Beitragvon mouseinamaze » Di Apr 21, 2009 7:04 pm

Very nice job Tillman, thanks for cleaning up the parts that were incorrect, lost in translation.
I'm sorry I didn't further translate the beginning and the ending, it was too much work.LOL

Between your review and Peter's it gave me a sense of what it must have been like. :D
mouseinamaze

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Tour 2009