Uden

Beitragvon Pitchman in a Maze » Mi Apr 22, 2009 2:04 pm

@ Patrick E.

Yes you are absolutly right, and I think the same way.

No firm in the world is closing down just because a leading person want to leave. It always goes further, maybe some changes, but normally it's getting better with new ideas. And many times the new person gives power for everyone in the firm. And the same happend to Saga.
Unser Leben ist viel schwerer als das unserer Vorfahren,
weil wir uns so viele Dinge anschaffen müssen,
die uns das Leben erleichtern.
(Gabriel Laub)
Pitchman in a Maze

Beitragvon sagalady » Mi Apr 22, 2009 2:18 pm

I totally agree with Patrick and Pitch here. I could see the difference from day one to day two in Worpswede. I can see the difference in the band members as well. Fresh blood is always a good thing. Especially when it comes from someone as positive and eager to be part of it all as Rob. He is not trying to be Michael. He is not trying to fill his shoes. He's making his own footsteps on the stage and he's doing one heck of a job at it.

The worst part is over. Rob walked on stage as the new frontman of a band that has had the same frontman for 30 years. Imagine how scary that must have been. Thankfully the reaction from the crowd was a very welcoming one. I still get a warm fuzzy feeling just thinking about it.

It is still Saga but different.

Or as an advert slogan I saw some years back:

Same same but different.
sagalady

Beitragvon KillMyMusic » Mi Apr 22, 2009 3:56 pm

It's always funny to see how difficult it is for some prog- fans to deal with progression :ironie:
KillMyMusic

Beitragvon Pitchman in a Maze » Mi Apr 22, 2009 4:00 pm

KillMyMusic hat geschrieben:It's always funny to see how difficult it is for some prog- fans to deal with progression :ironie:

:daumen:
Unser Leben ist viel schwerer als das unserer Vorfahren,
weil wir uns so viele Dinge anschaffen müssen,
die uns das Leben erleichtern.
(Gabriel Laub)
Pitchman in a Maze

Beitragvon sagalady » Mi Apr 22, 2009 4:03 pm

KillMyMusic hat geschrieben:It's always funny to see how difficult it is for some prog- fans to deal with progression :ironie:

Not just prog-fans, but fans in general. Especially fans to a band that has been around all through their youth and up to adulthood. Scares the crap out of the fan when the band change and all the fan wants is for the band to stay the same as it reminds them of their youth. Band changing = reality check.

Catch my drift?
sagalady

Beitragvon Tillmann » Mi Apr 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Genius! Ur so damn right! :fg:
Tillmann

Beitragvon mouseinamaze » Mi Apr 22, 2009 10:31 pm

I think for the most part, at least from reading this forum, most of the fans have eagerly accepted Rob as the new singer. I think I've only read one comment about not accepting the new direction, so that's pretty damn good in my book.
Of course it helps that the new material is "most excellent" and Rob's voice fits like a glove, a very difficult thing to do without sounding like Michael.

I have often thought how difficult it must be after 30 years of playing HumbleStance to not reach the point of wanting to throw up after playing for the kazillionith time but Saga, at least from the concert DVD's I have, always put their professional hats on and played with the same energy, giving 100 percent every time.

Sometimes negative events can be a blessing, a chance at renewal, rebirth if you will. I think Saga has been given a new chance to rediscover why they started writing music and playing in front of people for so many years and Rob's enthusiasm and excitement is certainly contagious.

I will always love Michael and be thankful for the many years of joy and happiness his music and singing has given me, as hard as it may seem, this has been a blessing for him as well.
mouseinamaze

Beitragvon Harmonia » Mi Apr 22, 2009 11:13 pm

Comsat Angel hat geschrieben:Site from Bert Treep with photo's from Saga and It Bites:

http://home.kpn.nl/treep000/

Thanks Angel and Bert Treep !! What great pics :eg:

Also to all the Saga Fans who make this site interesting to visit ...its great to see this place not so dead , great discussions and view points . Thanks to all :wink: :saga: fans and people who make this forum and others interesting to visit . Also the band has a new freshness and so do we all . :herz: :knuddel1:

As Sagalady states in previous post ... That tears have flowed down her face, well so do tears flow down my face as wel!!l Seeing the love we share of Saga :laola2: :party4: Rock on!
You look, good to Me.
Harmonia

Vorherige

Zurück zu Tour 2009