All I need is for you to believe
Come to me I can help you feel free
Take my hand & understand that I believe
kuschelhawk
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Trudes Oude Voshaar » Do Apr 30, 2009 11:32 am

Great review!

Can't wait to meet Saga in Bonn at the fanmeeting!! :)
Trudes Oude Voshaar
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon danny » Do Apr 30, 2009 1:54 pm

Sounds very good :sing:
Woher soll ich wissen, was ich denke, bevor ich höre, was ich sage?

If you try to bind me a bear on I get fox devils wild.....

Danny
:cold:
danny
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon alexander » Do Apr 30, 2009 5:46 pm

Excellent review,

obviously, Rob has improved. Congratulations. Saga deserves such a success. Wonderful.

Yours Alexander
simplify your life
alexander

Beitragvon legins5 » Do Apr 30, 2009 6:46 pm

Fantastic pictures!!!!!!!...No doubt the review was good too (translation anyone)?.......thanks!!
legins5

Beitragvon Jay » Do Apr 30, 2009 8:06 pm

legins5 hat geschrieben:Fantastic pictures!!!!!!!...No doubt the review was good too (translation anyone)?.......thanks!!

Hi - the following translation is'nt perfect surely, but I hope, you understand 75 % ;);)

With a new album and new singer Rob Moratti, who was previously at the Canadian AOR band Final Frontier as a front man was working Saga are currently on an extended tour. On 25.04.2009, they stop in Antionianum of Geseke. I was initially quite skeptical, because the new pieces I already knew and I could not imagine that Rob, the old songs also appealing over can bring, but he has a very different voice than Michael Sadler. Moreover, I had one day in advance by some musical friends, the saga had just seen, to know that Rob on stage but a bit shy about it works.

My concerns were totally in vain, because on the one Rob has become more secure and nervousness was no trace. And on the other hand, were his interpretations of, for example, "Humble Stance", "Do not Be Late" or "On The Loose" real good. Sure, the songs were changed because of the voice differently than they are currently known, but it was known even earlier. Rob is more vocally the singer for hard rock or melodic band and the charisma of a Michael Sadler did not offer, then, but only once with his interpretations angefreundet, then come the really good pieces over.

I also had the feeling as if the band - where they are already some gigs with the new front man played - very loosely resolved and acted on stage. Where we are in the band. In addition to the aforementioned new singer was Ian Crichton (guitar), Jim Crichton (bass, keyboards), Jim Gilmour (keyboards, vocals) and Chris Sutherland (drums) on stage. On the current album "The Human Condition" Brian Doerner still sat behind the shooting, but he is not on the tour this because his health condition is not such an ordeal participate. By Chris Sutherland studio musicians but they have an adequate replacement here. He already knows the band well, he accompanied saga is already on its 2007'er Tour.

The concert began with an intro that consists of parts of the opener and title track of the new CD there. To this music - they seemed really incredible and lavish as much on the CD - the musicians entered with great jubilation the stage. And this mood was on the whole concert on. One could argue that viewers have with the first sound, the new lineup into the heart had closed.

The Canadians relied on their gig at the good old pieces and brought when the intro mitzählt with "Step Inside" "Crown Of Thorns" and "You Look Good To Me" a total of only four new pieces of the current album, the rest consisted from older material. Unfortunately, they had my favorite "Avalon" from the new album not in the program.

The setlist was very balanced. While the audience knew the new songs not yet right, and songs like "Crown Of Thorns" and "You Look Good To Me" are still not as easy on the ear, it was the classics but abgefeiert. In "Do not Be Late" then sang the entire hall full of chest with the chorus. Ian Crichton conjured some brilliant riffs on his guitar and Jim Gilmour acted incredibly emotionally charged in its key instruments. Especially when it felt as good to him the enthusiasm of the audience did, because he did so in some very troubled public speeches to be made clear. And his "Scratching The Surface" was once again an animal under the skin.

Technically show remained on this evening no wishes left, because the light show and stage presence of the musicians were 1 A. Rob made it to his predecessor, and received two pieces of the keyboards by Jim Gilmour a few passages on the keyboards take over. That this was not fake, it was possible through the keyboards through it recognize, as he let his fingers for a few minor notes and chords on the keyboard fleiegen.

The hall went wild with enthusiasm and gave also to the musicians that are always more fun at their gig seemed to have. Rob also showed a very large audience, as he shook during the concert so many hands and looked again and again out of touch with the viewers. These gestures and the way he is on stage there, he will easily make themselves into the hearts of the fans to sing. After little more than 90 minutes was then a sweaty concert ended.

As a conclusion remains to say that Rob is already very well in the band has introduced. Also, the entrenched Sadler fans should give him a chance. In this form, the band will continue to be successful.

Greez
Jay

edit
abgefeiert means hailing or celebrating or partied ;););)
Das Tragische an jeder Erfahrung ist, dass man sie erst macht, nachdem man sie gebraucht hätte :)
Jay

Beitragvon legins5 » Fr Mai 01, 2009 2:51 am

:D MANY THANKS FOR THE TRANSLATION JAY!!!!!!!!! :D
legins5

Beitragvon Jay » Fr Mai 01, 2009 9:18 am

Bild
Zuletzt geändert von Jay am Fr Mai 01, 2009 5:53 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Das Tragische an jeder Erfahrung ist, dass man sie erst macht, nachdem man sie gebraucht hätte :)
Jay

Beitragvon Harmonia » Fr Mai 01, 2009 5:44 pm

Thankyou Jay ! :hut:
You look, good to Me.
Harmonia

Beitragvon dmeehan » Fr Mai 08, 2009 2:42 am

that translation must have been from a translating program!! haha..

anyways.. Rob is great! come see the show!

The merch is awesome! lol
dmeehan
Orga + Mod
Orga + Mod

Beitragvon Jay » Fr Mai 08, 2009 7:05 am

dmeehan hat geschrieben:that translation must have been from a translating program!! haha..

anyways.. Rob is great! come see the show!

The merch is awesome! lol

There you are right ;) but it was too long and I've had not enaugh time to translate it by my brain. I think it's still to read.

I come see the show at Brückenforum, Bonn

:)

Jay
Bild
Jay

Zurück zu Tour 2009