Mattawa Show

Mattawa Show

Beitragvon Timmer » Fr Jul 24, 2009 8:22 pm

Hi All: Off to see Saga at the Voyageur Event in Mattawa Ontario. If you have not checked out where the show is, you should. I had never heard of it and it seems to be a big deal. I think this is the 12th year and this years line up is the best in my opinion. Haywire together after all this time should be great. The other acts are all top notch. Saga up first at noon. We just hope the weather clears for a few hours as this is an outdoor event.
Timmer

Beitragvon Trudes Oude Voshaar » Fr Jul 24, 2009 10:45 pm

Ok, Timmer, have fun!!!!
Trudes Oude Voshaar
Contributors
Contributors

Re: Mattawa Show

Beitragvon Tillmann » Sa Jul 25, 2009 9:13 am

Timmer hat geschrieben:Saga up first at noon.

Why?! :-? :roll:

But much fun Timmer :D
Tillmann

Beitragvon Timmer » So Jul 26, 2009 2:04 am

I was told at the show they use a high power act to get people to the event and then stay all day. The last act goes on after 10 pm. They want people there spending their money. With Saga up first the line was long for the merchendise and autographs. The guys were very pleased to do this as usual.
Timmer

Beitragvon sagalady » So Jul 26, 2009 9:42 am

Timmer hat geschrieben:I was told at the show they use a high power act to get people to the event and then stay all day. The last act goes on after 10 pm. They want people there spending their money. With Saga up first the line was long for the merchendise and autographs. The guys were very pleased to do this as usual.

Sometimes it's better to be on early than late. Late is when everyone is drunk and no-one remembers who played. Early is when everyone is sober and can appreciate who is on stage.

Now.... A detailed report please.
sagalady

Beitragvon Timmer » So Jul 26, 2009 2:15 pm

Well. After having just seen the guys at the Mod Club in Toronto not to long ago I was totaly in shock. An early, daylight start must be just what the doctor ordered!. The energy level seemed so much higher. Lots of well timed jumps, kicks and punches. I have never seen them outside before but it suits them very well. The sound was mixed very well and carried over the boarder into Quebec I'm sure. They all seemed to be recharged and played excellent. Tons of moving around and interaction. Lots of exchanges between the guys and laughter. Well you never know if the laughter is about something somebody did wrong or what. But it's great to see. The crowd was very good. The field was full and they were very excited to see Saga. Lots of shouts of the guys names and signing to a lot of the new music. This was my third show with Rob singing and I have to say he seemed so at ease, which translates into much better range and power. I though he was excellent.
No equipment failures, so no techie (Dean) on stage! NO RAIN. It did start about an hour after they were done. Poor 54-40 was on for that. The signing session was quite long with lots of pictures and coodos to the band from fans.
Anyway after investing about 29 hours in the trip and show I jump in the hot tub then slept very well. Waiting for the Rose theatre show now. I'm sure I'll need a Saga fix by then.
Jim, Ian, Jim, Brian and Rob, thanks for a great show. Wishing many more for you to come.
Timmer
Timmer

Beitragvon mouseinamaze » So Jul 26, 2009 2:28 pm

Hey Timmer, thanks for the great report. Glad to hear they put on such a great show. It's good to hear they are working so well together, and yes, Rob will only get better as time goes by and he's more relaxed with the material and performing with the guys.
I'm sure they felt good about being in their own homeland playing for Canadian fans, which probably energized them even more.

29 hours??? you ARE a fan. :lol: I assume you are talking 14.5 hours each way..WoW!
mouseinamaze

Beitragvon Timmer » So Jul 26, 2009 2:40 pm

No Mouse it was only 4 hours from my house but I travelled up with some friends. I was prepared to sleep in the car but I was lent an airmattress and a floor. Got a couple of good hours sleep before getting to the venue. It migh have taken you 14 to come up from Michagan! If anyone stayed for the complete event it was a great lineup. Very bad rain on the way home. Thank goodness I took my car and not the motorcycle.
Timmer

Beitragvon Tillmann » So Jul 26, 2009 4:31 pm

Thank you Timmer, sounds awesome!!! :P :D
Tillmann

Beitragvon Trudes Oude Voshaar » So Jul 26, 2009 4:43 pm

Thank you Timmer.
It always makes me glad to read Saga is doing so well and I like it also to read the story behind the fans. :)

So much fans and so much stories! :)
Trudes Oude Voshaar
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon sagalady » So Jul 26, 2009 5:53 pm

Thanks, buddy.
sagalady

Beitragvon MichaelNoi » Mo Jul 27, 2009 7:21 am

Thanx Timmer for the great report :D
MichaelNoi

Beitragvon roxy13 » Mo Jul 27, 2009 10:13 am

Sounds like you had a blast Timmer! :D
Wish I could have been there too!
I need a SAGA-fix right now! :roll:
roxy13

Beitragvon Timmer » Mi Jul 29, 2009 1:15 am

Well Foxy Roxy I will be seeing at least 2 more shows before years end. With rumors of more!
So I'll be getting a fix sooner than you. You had your chance to OD on Saga in the spring.
No problem Saga Lady glad to do it.
Timmer

Beitragvon Trudes Oude Voshaar » Do Sep 03, 2009 10:36 am

I'm glad to read Saga is doing so well in Canada!

Enjoy!!
Trudes Oude Voshaar
Contributors
Contributors

Zurück zu Tour 2009