Aug 28 09 Toronto Show at the Sound Academy

Aug 28 09 Toronto Show at the Sound Academy

Beitragvon dr_raven1 » Sa Aug 29, 2009 8:24 am

I just got back from a very rainy drive home from the Toronto show at The Sound Academy, and while I will post a more in-depth review later (when my ears have stopped ringing and I've got some sleep), I would just like to say that it was a fantastic show, the band sounded great, and I got to see one of my guitar heroes do his thing from just 3 feet away. And as the icing on the cake, right at the end of the show I yelled out Ian's name and caught his attention, then made a motion like I was holding a guitar pick, and he came right over, knelt down a bit and carefully tossed his pick into my out-stretched hand. As my friend said when we were leaving, "You couldn't have asked for a nicer present." And he was right.

What a great band, I'm so happy they were able to book the gig in Toronto so their home-town fans could see them in a great venue!

Now, if that pretty young woman with the long black hair and the big camera who stood in front of me during the first half of the show would post some of the pics she took we would all have some nice reminders of the show :)

Andy

Bild
dr_raven1

Not the pretty young girl...

Beitragvon gremmy » Sa Aug 29, 2009 5:19 pm

But I do have some pics of the show. As soon as I figure out how to post them I will do so. I was there to see my buddy Brian on drums as I hadn't seen him play in such a long time. He is still an awsome drummer and the band was excellent. I will get the pictures posted as soon as I can.

Gremmy
gremmy

Beitragvon steve » Sa Aug 29, 2009 5:54 pm

YA THE SHOW AT SOUND AC WAS AWESOME NICE TO SEE THE FAN TURNOUT, DRUMMER IS AWESOME, MAYBE NOT SO MANY AUTOGRAPHS WHILE THEY ARE PLAYING. BUT AWESOME SHOW GUYS

PS. WHATS WITH THE OPENING BAND ????????????????????
steve

Beitragvon Timmer » Sa Aug 29, 2009 7:10 pm

Gotta Agree. Fantastic show. The drummer IS awesome! The opening act was booked by the promoter. Not chosen by Saga. Great interaction between Jim and Brian. They seemed to be VERY TIGHT. More than I've seen in past shows. Both seemed to really enjoy playing off each other. Ian and Jim G played to there normal exteme levels! Rob is just improving with each show.
How can these guys just keep getting better and better. I gues 30 years of practise is paying off!!!
Hey Dr R. Nice scans of ticket and pic. And how quickly posted you did it! I was beat after driving home in the rain.
Zuletzt geändert von Timmer am So Aug 30, 2009 1:57 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Timmer

Beitragvon sagalady » Sa Aug 29, 2009 7:49 pm

*muttering heavily censored bad language and words along the lines of "not" and "jealous"*

Glad you guys had a great time.

returning back to the normal programming.
sagalady

The Sound Academy

Beitragvon Harmonia » Sa Aug 29, 2009 11:52 pm

It was a awesome show! It really was a night to remember , It was great to meet You Tim. O yea I was not planning to go to this show but I won tickets from the Sound Academy and could not turn that down. Great Venue super people . Can't wait for Brampton.

:angel: :saga: :saga1: 8)
You look, good to Me.
Harmonia

Beitragvon Harmonia » Sa Aug 29, 2009 11:56 pm

O yea the name of the first act I think was Throbbin Robin ....forgive me If I spelled it wrong. :rofl:
You look, good to Me.
Harmonia

Beitragvon gremmy » So Aug 30, 2009 12:16 am

I think it was Throbbing Hood
gremmy

Beitragvon Harmonia » So Aug 30, 2009 4:12 am

O yea that's right lol thanks Gremmy :roll:
You look, good to Me.
Harmonia

Beitragvon gremmy » So Aug 30, 2009 5:02 am

OK I got the pics up on a shareable site. These are some of the photo's from Friday at the Sound Academy. http://s698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/mgremmy/Saga-Sound%20Academy/?albumview=slideshow

Let me know if you have any problems,
gremmy

Beitragvon Harmonia » So Aug 30, 2009 6:52 am

Thanks Gremmy for the pics , some great shots thanks for sharing .

:thanx:
You look, good to Me.
Harmonia

Beitragvon gremmy » So Aug 30, 2009 7:06 am

Not a problem. I've been able to enjoy seeing Saga in concert over the years through the pictures that other people take, and I couldn't wait to see them and do the same for the rest of the forum,

SAGA ROCKS!!!
gremmy

Beitragvon Trudes Oude Voshaar » So Aug 30, 2009 10:15 am

Great pictures! Thank you!
Trudes Oude Voshaar
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Timmer » So Aug 30, 2009 2:06 pm

Great Pics. What kind of camera were you using?
Timmer

Beitragvon gremmy » So Aug 30, 2009 3:17 pm

It's a canon DSLR with a 75 - 300 zoom lens. I used either a flash or a high ISO depending on where the people were on stage and the lighting. I wish I were closer to the stage so I could use a smaller and faster lens, but I guess you have to use what works. The problem with taking pics at a show like this is that you are thinking about the shot and not the show, which is what I was really there for. I'm a little rusty using my camera at concerts but I think I still got off a few good ones (and LOTS of really bad ones that no one will ever see). I still had a great time hearing and seeing the band. This is the first time seeing them since the show at Sam the Record Man a few years ago. I loved it. Rob is a great singer. My only complaint is the autograph signings on stage right in front of the other guys during solos etc..
gremmy

Nächste

Zurück zu Tour 2009