Michael Sadler To Take His Final Bow With SAGA In 2007

Beitragvon I'm Late » Sa Jan 20, 2007 11:39 pm

Like everyone here, I,too, feel the same. :(
We have to remember, we have the memories and the great music that will live FOREVER!

SAGA is the heart and soul of my life and always will be!
Thank you! :D
The Truth has no words!
I'm Late

Fait Accompli? NO!

Beitragvon Roar » So Jan 21, 2007 3:00 am

Looking back some 26-27 years - I recall that it was NOT Michaels voice that caught my attention and made me a "true believer" and dedicated fan, but ;

1: Steve Negus' drumming! (I'd been listening to various bands as The Moody Blues, Camel, Pink Floyd, various punk, disco +++. Hearing Steves drumming was soooo refreshing! 8) )

2: Ian Crichton (distinct, crisp, full, EVERYTHING! What a guitar player!)

- Then I discovered Michaels voice
- Then I realized that there was a keyboard wizard around
- And I finally discovered the brain behind much of "the SAGA" and all his thundery bass-lines

Well, call me crazy - but if it was possible to replace Steve... :box:
And finally; the cemetary's loaded with people that were "unreplacable"! :lol:

So, chill all SAGA-fans; The SAGA goes on, and on, and on :D (Without Steve and Michael sadly - but hey - that's life)
I rest my case...
Roar

Beitragvon Lars Bro » So Jan 21, 2007 8:11 pm

Roar... Damn right you are, mate !!! :fly1:

But hey, let's blow the rest of the family fortune :lol2: on getting as much out of the remaining months as damn well possible!

See ya at the gigs... :2:

Take care

:prost:
LB
Lars Bro

Re: Fait Accompli? NO!

Beitragvon SAGA-NORWAY » So Jan 21, 2007 11:16 pm

Roar hat geschrieben:Looking back some 26-27 years - I recall that it was NOT Michaels voice that caught my attention and made me a "true believer" and dedicated fan, but ;

1: Steve Negus' drumming! (I'd been listening to various bands as The Moody Blues, Camel, Pink Floyd, various punk, disco +++. Hearing Steves drumming was soooo refreshing! 8) )

2: Ian Crichton (distinct, crisp, full, EVERYTHING! What a guitar player!)

- Then I discovered Michaels voice
- Then I realized that there was a keyboard wizard around
- And I finally discovered the brain behind much of "the SAGA" and all his thundery bass-lines

Well, call me crazy - but if it was possible to replace Steve... :box:
And finally; the cemetary's loaded with people that were "unreplacable"! :lol:

So, chill all SAGA-fans; The SAGA goes on, and on, and on :D (Without Steve and Michael sadly - but hey - that's life)

You said it...... And you are so right....

So Jim, Jim, Ian and Brian will make us happy with more great music in years to come :D

Thank you...

And LB we are going to have much fun for the money, looking forward to meet you again.
Miss you.. :-?
SAGA-NORWAY

Beitragvon kuschelhawk » Mo Jan 22, 2007 12:45 am

Lars & Steinar, what's about a meeting in good old germany ?? :eg:
Come to me I will give and receive
All I need is for you to believe
Come to me I can help you feel free
Take my hand & understand that I believe
kuschelhawk
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon SAGA-NORWAY » Mo Jan 22, 2007 2:11 am

kuschelhawk hat geschrieben:Lars & Steinar, what's about a meeting in good old germany ?? :eg:

I'm going to be in Good old Germany for at least a week when they will tour there in the fall...
:D
SAGA-NORWAY

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mo Jan 22, 2007 5:02 pm

Sure Saga can continue to make new cds...still don't think they will be as good but they can do that.

But seriously guys watch one of your dvds.......watch Michael perform Don't Be Late....and tell me that they will be able to find someone that can do what Michael does live. Michael has a very unique voice and he is a very talented musician. They have to find someone with a similar voice to pull off the live show....and then they gotta be a master keyboard player. not to mention Michael is a great showman. The other guys in Saga if you watch them live they just blend into the back ground....they are superior musicians also, but not very charismatic. Michael can also pick up the bass when Jim C is on keyboards. Michael to me is the most talented musician I have ever seen....the complete package. it would be best for all to work something out to keep Michael in the band even if the band is not as active as they are now.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon Mrs.C » Mo Jan 22, 2007 5:39 pm

:heul2:

Hear Hear

:cry: :cry:
Anything can happen
When I close my eyes
Mrs.C

Beitragvon jeeep » Mo Jan 22, 2007 8:42 pm

What ????

I hope to see them one last time all together in Ottawa !
jeeep

Beitragvon Leo Cameo » Mo Jan 22, 2007 11:18 pm

kuschelhawk hat geschrieben:Lars & Steinar, what's about a meeting in good old germany ?? :eg:

If I can find some money..........I will gladly join the fun! :P
Leo Cameo

Beitragvon kuschelhawk » Di Jan 23, 2007 12:04 am

Leo, sorry - of course you're welcome, too :D :prost:
Come to me I will give and receive
All I need is for you to believe
Come to me I can help you feel free
Take my hand & understand that I believe
kuschelhawk
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Leo Cameo » Di Jan 23, 2007 12:50 am

Thanks a lot, Carsten ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's see what happens 8)
Leo Cameo

Saga website

Beitragvon wegebakira » Di Jan 23, 2007 1:30 pm

Warum kommt die Meldung von Michaels Abschied eigentlich nicht auf der offiziellen Saga-Website ? :hut:
SAGA - It never ends
wegebakira

Beitragvon MichaelNoi » Di Jan 23, 2007 3:57 pm

It is very sad indeed, but is it realy very surprising after 30 years ?

Think of the guys from Saga and think of yourself, your feeling about the future, when you grow older.
Maybe there are some things Michael still wants to do in his life. Beeing a musician is a fulltime job...no time for family or else.

I understand and just want to say again :
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE MUSIC OF MY LIFE.

Your music will never die.
MichaelNoi

Beitragvon Manfred » Di Jan 23, 2007 7:21 pm

Servus Leute !

Was macht Ihr und vor allem Michael für Sachen. Kaum schau ich mal wieder vorbei, lese
ich solche Horrormeldungen ! Hammer...mir fehlen die Worte. Also SAGA ohne Michael
geht ja gar nicht. Ausserdem denke ich, werden die anderen dann ebenfalls aufhören bzw.
ihr eigenes Ding durchziehen. Hmmmm...ich kenne die Gründe zwar nicht, aber bis zum Jahresende ist es lang und vielleicht denkt er darüber nochmal nach. Mal ehrlich, was will er denn ohne SAGA machen, er ist zwar ein begnadeter Sänger, aber auf Solo machen...kann ich mir nicht vorstellen. Seine Soloscheibe ist zwar klasse, wie ich finde, aber ob er da so einen ZUspruch von breiter Masse wie bei SAGA bekommt, bezweifle ich stark. Vielleicht fühlt er sich auch "zu alt für diesen Scheiss" - Zitat aus Leathal Weapon.

Mann Mann Mann, ich bin mit SAGA aufgewachsen. SAGA gehörten zu meiner Erziehung :D . Seit fast 30 Jahren haben die mich, wie Euch alle auch, musikalisch durch mein Leben begleitet. Als ich mich dmals von meiner Freundin nach 10 Jahren trennte, kam kurz zuvor die Full Circle raus. Bei dem Lied " Goodbye " fühle ich mich auch heute noch emotional berührt. Und jetzt ist vermutlich mit SAGA auch ende. :( :( WUUAHHHH reicht mir eine Packung Taschentücher ! ** Schnief **
keep on rockin :-)
Manfred

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu News