Michael Sadler To Take His Final Bow With SAGA In 2007

Beitragvon Ronster » Di Jan 23, 2007 7:24 pm

Will I see Saga perform live again? I don't know, but I'm grateful for having been able to see them, and regardless of which path they all take, they'll always be my favorite band.

I hope it's not over, but thanks for what you've given us, Saga.
Ronster

Beitragvon keithm » Mi Jan 31, 2007 11:55 am

all good things.....

But, wouldn't it be great if the guys did a studio album of the chapters before Michael goes?

Also, really hope they do a couple of dates in the UK (Saga - there are fans up north too!)

Makes getting the new DVD a bit of a must have!
keithm

Beitragvon Adrian C » Mi Jan 31, 2007 10:02 pm

keithm hat geschrieben:all good things.....

But, wouldn't it be great if the guys did a studio album of the chapters before Michael goes?

Also, really hope they do a couple of dates in the UK (Saga - there are fans up north too!)

Great idea. I know that we have Chapters live but I for one would love to hear a brushed up studio version of them.
It's not over until it's over.
Adrian C

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mi Jan 31, 2007 11:19 pm

Adrian C hat geschrieben:
keithm hat geschrieben:all good things.....

Great idea. I know that we have Chapters live but I for one would love to hear a brushed up studio version of them.

You guys are beating a dead horse. How many versions of the chapters do you need?

I personally was hoping to see something new from Saga.....with Michael. A new direction that is.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon keithm » Do Feb 01, 2007 12:04 pm

Beating a dead horse? They wouldn't have made the live version if people didn't want the chapters!

A studio chapters album, maybe in the style of generation 13 would be really cool.

And, why would you want the band to change direction: surely most fans were pleased when they returned to their 'classic' style?
keithm

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Do Feb 01, 2007 6:08 pm

keithm hat geschrieben:Beating a dead horse? They wouldn't have made the live version if people didn't want the chapters!

A studio chapters album, maybe in the style of generation 13 would be really cool.

And, why would you want the band to change direction: surely most fans were pleased when they returned to their 'classic' style?

'Classic Style' is up for debate. Like I said I liked the new cd, but it doesn't really remind me of the early Saga cds. Actually Trust just reminds me of Full Circle, House of Cards, Marathon and Network. Their 5 latest cds were too similar. Saga in the past used to change things up a bit. They would sprinkle different style of cds. Examples would be Behavior, Wildest Dreams, Shapes, Steel Umbrellas and Gen 13.

Believe it or not, not all Saga fans are prog fans. Really I don't own any other prog cds. I got some Asia cds and Kansas's greatest hits.....and Rush Chronicles/Power Windows. I got 8500 songs on my ipod....very little of it is 'prog'. And I own every Saga cd ever made. I own most of the solo works. I am not a Saga fan just for the prog. I was a fan of Saga because they made music that caught my ears.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon Adrian C » Do Feb 01, 2007 7:24 pm

I would not consider myself an ONLY a Prog fan.
You would not believe what lies in my cd collection.

Prog SAGA, SAGA prog.?????
I for one am well aware that not all SAGA fans are prog fans. Would it really matter if they/we were?
Change of direction with Michael? Not sure.
Change of direction without him? Whoever comes in to replace him is bound to bring in new ideas and maybe a change of direction.

Anyway which direction do you want to see?
North,South,East or West :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Adrian C

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Do Feb 01, 2007 8:36 pm

You are right I can not possibly know what style of music you prefer. I make that comment about 'prog' because people on here (more than one) have said Saga has to continue making the 'prog' music they have been making. I say prog smog. Saga just has to continue making great music....if the music is not classified by prog than who the heck cares?....not me.

When I say a new direction with Michael. I am saying that Saga should still contain Michael....if that means a change in new direction than so be it. Would I rather hear Saga put out Full Circle 6 or do something totally different with Michael? I would rather see Michael.

I just make those comments because Michael's work outside of Saga seems quite a bit different than the music the band is currently putting out. His solo work is more like Behavior, Wildest Dreams or Steel Umbrellas. If Saga has to make music every now and than that is different in style from Trust to keep Michael in the band than I think that is what they need to do. Up until now Saga has always been both Crichton's and Sadler (Gilmour most of the time). A new singer will be very hard to make work....sure 'Saga' can put out another cd with a new singer....but good luck trying to find another singer with the voice, musician skills, and charisma as Michael. I just can not imagine a Saga concert with out Michael....how can another musician step right in a perform don't be late like Michael? I just don't see it. What is Saga going to do? Hire two guys to replace him?
Social Orphan

Beitragvon Adrian C » Do Feb 01, 2007 11:38 pm

All points taken on board.

SAGA can continue without Michael. I too feel that seeing SAGA live without him will seem very odd but it can be done.
I love Full Circle and , dare I say it, Security Of The Illusion.
Anything they continue to do will be different for one obvious reason.

Michaels solo album is great . I really like it but I also enjoy other solo albums by singers who have left " Their " bands behind.
Mr.Gabriel solo is awesome.

I hope that Michael does what he wants to,with success and that SAGA will continue .
Adrian C

Beitragvon DDFCATWALK83 » Mi Feb 14, 2007 12:21 am

Damn!! And i still didnt get to see them yet!!!!
DDFCATWALK83

Beitragvon lionel » Mo Mär 12, 2007 9:13 pm

Me neither, but do anyone know, if there is coming a tour here in 2007?
LIONEL
lionel

Beitragvon wegebakira » Mi Apr 18, 2007 9:33 am

So far no news from Michael yet ? Surprisingly at one of the DVD reviews the writer mentioned something, that Michael and his wife want to have another baby and that is the/one reason for his to leave ???? How can he know ?
SAGA - It never ends
wegebakira

Beitragvon legins5 » Mi Mai 23, 2007 8:28 pm

:D Last night I listened to my three favourite Saga albums back to back,Behaviour,Wildest Dreams and Security Of Illusion......In my opinion, Michael's vocal performance on Wildest Dreams is the best he has ever done..totally sublime!!!....(DON'T LEAVE MICHAEL!!!!!!!!). :cry:
legins5

Beitragvon keithm » Do Mai 24, 2007 2:25 pm

I think wildest dreams is my second least favourite Saga album, the first being pleasure and pain! But, at this shows there is no such thing as a typical Saga fan!

I wonder what people would rather see: Saga reocrding and touring with a new front man, or the band staying with Michael and just recording new albums? Well for me (as they rarely come to the UK) it would be the latter.
keithm

Mike's Departure

Beitragvon dr2112 » Sa Jun 09, 2007 7:47 pm

what a shame. even if they carry on, it will not be the same band. was marillion ever the same, genesis? the real trajedy is that they have not toured the states in over 20 years.
dr2112

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu News