Fans pick up Sam the Record Man memorabilia before flagship

Fans pick up Sam the Record Man memorabilia before flagship

Beitragvon jeeep » Do Jun 28, 2007 1:20 pm

This is the record store in TO where Saga played last year...

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2007 ... ction.html

I wonder if there was anything Saga related for sale ?

EDIT
Just found the auctionner's page....

http://www.benacosales.com/Auctions.htm

Only thing I could see is on this pic...
http://www.benacosales.com/pico.jpg
jeeep

Beitragvon Social Orphan » So Jul 01, 2007 6:52 am

Wow, that really sucks. That store meant alot to Saga. I also used to love going there when I visited Toronto. Was actually planning a visit at the end of July. That place was awesome. Is Yonge Street on the decline? Just curious.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon gorsht » Fr Jul 06, 2007 2:31 am

1) Yes, there was Saga related memorabilia. Throughout the store, certain bands were featured on the walls (separate from the racks), with hand cut and painted plaques replicating the band logos - Bowie, Rush, Zeppelin, Joni Mitchell, Pixies, Talking Heads... The Worlds Apart-era Saga plaque was just inside the main entrance, below which were placed most of Saga's albums as well as Michael and Jim's solo discs. These logos (including Saga's) were featured prominently on the front page of the Toronto Star as Sam's closed forever (it was a very big deal here in Toronto).

2) Yonge street is actually undergoing an impressive renaissance. There was a decline in the 90s, but much work has been done and the street is more vibrant than ever. Unfortunately, the independent record stores where they sell "music" and not "product" are disappearing fast.

I asked an HMV staff member if the new Saga album (Trust) was coming in last summer and he asked "what kind of music is that?" I then went to Sam's and asked the same question. The response was "Saga has a new album coming out? I don't know how we missed that! We'll have it next week."

Tragic, but such are the times.
gorsht

Beitragvon reed » Di Aug 28, 2007 4:17 am

I am so glad i went to toronto last year when Saga was there and got a picture with the original band
reed

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mi Aug 29, 2007 4:05 pm

reed hat geschrieben:I am so glad i went to toronto last year when Saga was there and got a picture with the original band

yes, really wish I went last year also. If I only would've known it would probably be my last chance. I still think they should release that show on dvd. I was able to meet all five originals. Got all their autographs and pictures, but the best group shot I could do was me, Jim C, Jim G, and Michael. Still one of my favorite life moments and photos. Saga has meant so much to many people.
Social Orphan

Zurück zu News