Drummer for the tour

What's your preference regarding drummer?

Steve Negus
74%
Christian Simpson
6%
Another drummer?
15%
Cancelled tour
6%

Abstimmungen insgesamt : 34

Beitragvon dmeehan » Fr Okt 12, 2007 5:34 am

let me clarify....... instead of saying "could fill the drumming shoes" I should have said .. is an extramaly good drummer.

hey guys.. I didn't want to start a debate... just wanted to give you guys the truth, and put the topic to rest..

Saga is playing one last tour of Europe with Michael!! Enjoy it! It's going to be amazing!
dmeehan
Orga + Mod
Orga + Mod

Beitragvon Frank Aufmoog » Fr Okt 12, 2007 9:11 am

Yeah, gimme a break - it'a already AMAZING whats going on here. Why didn't YOU tell Steve what the plans are, haven't you been there? I'll invite Steve to germany, than he gets a tourist insurance from ADAC which costs about 10euros (sorry about my sarcasm, just kidding), but this is not the way old friends do.
So is it written in stone that the other guy is playing or not and why was he so fast in place after Brians heart attack without talking to Steve while he was invited for the Canadian dates? :roll:
Zuletzt geändert von Frank Aufmoog am Do Okt 25, 2007 8:33 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Frank Aufmoog

Beitragvon Bertho » Fr Okt 12, 2007 9:51 am

Hey guys, let's cool down. How can we really know what's going on over there??? Most of it is speculation. I'm sure that an explanation will be given sooner or later. I'm just happy that they will make the tour and I'm looking forward to it!!! The only guy I really feel bad for is Brian!
Bertho

Beitragvon Jerry » Fr Okt 12, 2007 10:42 am

Anyway, Steve should have been the first one to know that another drummer will play the European shows after he had done the two Canadian shows.

And it is disappointimg that the promoter can decide who will play in a band who by the way celebrates his 30th birthday!

See you all on the tour.

Jerry.
We'll meet again!

Jerry
Jerry
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Roar » Di Okt 23, 2007 9:46 am

dmeehan hat geschrieben: Steve wasn't dumped,, nor was he treated badly..

Because of Brian's recent health issues, the European promoter would not insure Steve, as he too had health issues in the past. They needed a great drummer with a clean bill of health! quite simple.

Just one final comment on this issue;
- Why would/could the promoter insure Steves 2 canadian shows? And the tour last year when he covered for Brian? And the Marathon-tour - 3 months after his (mild) heartattack?
:o :o :o

That's it from me - a fan who thinks it's sad that the saga ends without the fab 5 together...
I rest my case...
Roar

Beitragvon Ole » Do Okt 25, 2007 2:08 am

Roar hat geschrieben:Just one final comment on this issue;
- Why would/could the promoter insure Steves 2 canadian shows? And the tour last year when he covered for Brian? And the Marathon-tour - 3 months after his (mild) heartattack?
:o :o :o

That's it from me - a fan who thinks it's sad that the saga ends without the fab 5 together...

Hi Roar,

Excellent questions! Hear Hear! Though I dont think we will ever get any answer here. It is probably too controversial, too close to home. And now too late anyways.. :steine:

I believe this is simply a question of money and the band would probably have had to pay Steve much more than some "sideman". They probably won't be touring for some time until they find another singer, so, they need the cash.
The podcast is surely a big issue. I wonder if the replacement tour drummer is being paid for the show and nothing for that.
In one sense, one should also consider that Steve did leave the band several years ago. Perhaps someone got upset because he was promoting his solo album after the canadian shows. And there could be other private matters we dont even know about. ANd is that our business to know? But the way things happened, its impossible not to be so dissappointed in the band for having treated Steve like this. It really feels like they just used him for their own ends. As you yourself has highlighted, the official explanation doesnt make any sense, its just too thin. And we know from you what Steve had replied. I guess because some people compose and play GREAT music doesnt make them any less human than the rest of us. Oh well.. :mornin:

Ole :4:
Ole

Beitragvon Roar » Do Okt 25, 2007 10:38 am

[quote="In one sense, one should also consider that Steve did leave the band several years ago.
- You're right, Steve left the band. (But you probably know WHY he left....? :-? )

I guess because some people compose and play GREAT music doesnt make them any less human than the rest of us.
- To quote Level 42; "We're only human after all... ;) "

Oh well.. :mornin:
- The sun is always shining - behind the clouds, my friend! :lol:

see you in Køben and Odense?!
I rest my case...
Roar

Beitragvon Ole » Do Okt 25, 2007 1:54 pm

Hey, I thought you had already cancelled everything?!?
:o

Well, if you are going, why not?? :lol: I have a t-shirt with Steve which says "Nobody can fill my drummin shoes", should I bring that? :lol: :eg: (Just kidding)

Well, actually I wasnt planning on it after what happened, was just about to buy my ticket those two weeks ago and then everything changed, I was completely fired up when I heard Steve was set to go and then... :o :zuend: Now I am sort of like :maul: :baeh: :kaffee1: ok..just checked the status for show in Cph, it seems already sold out, duh, ok, I will be checking periodically for cancelled tickets, otherwise may go to Odense. I have a friend living there who wants to go as well. Would be cool to meet you Roar! And the other Danish diehard fans as well. :respekt:

Didnt you get my emails?!

PS. the only thing I know about why Steve left, I read in the recent canadian interview he gave.
Ole

Beitragvon Roar » Fr Okt 26, 2007 11:27 am

Ole hat geschrieben:Hey, I thought you had already cancelled everything?!?
:o
- I haven't sold my airplane-tickets yet, so I thought; What the hell - it's Michaels final tour, might as well catch it...

Well, if you are going, why not?? :lol: I have a t-shirt with Steve which says "Nobody can fill my drummin shoes", should I bring that? :lol: :eg: (Just kidding)
- Great idea! Let's make 1000 shirts and sell them outside Amager Bio! :lol:

Well, actually I wasnt planning on it after what happened, was just about to buy my ticket those two weeks ago and then everything changed, I was completely fired up when I heard Steve was set to go and then... :o :zuend: Now I am sort of like :maul: :baeh: :kaffee1: ok..
- My feelings exactly!

just checked the status for show in Cph, it seems already sold out, duh, ok, I will be checking periodically for cancelled tickets, otherwise may go to Odense.
- I'm renting a car at Kastrup - should I pick you up?

I have a friend living there who wants to go as well. Would be cool to meet you Roar! And the other Danish diehard fans as well. :respekt:
- And all the Norwegian and Swedish fans are looking forward to meet you guys/girls!

Didnt you get my emails?!
- :oops: accidentaly deleted it.... :oops:

PS. the only thing I know about why Steve left, I read in the recent canadian interview he gave.
-That's all there is to know, my friend...! 8)
I rest my case...
Roar

Vorherige

Zurück zu News