10.00 Days - first impressions - WTF!!!

10.00 Days - first impressions - WTF!!!

Beitragvon sagalady » Fr Okt 26, 2007 9:49 pm

Seriously stuck on "Book Of Lies" whatever Crush and Brian are on - keep feeding it to them. Absolutely a-f*ck*ing-mazing! Production on this song is awesome!

"Sound Advice" must be a 9/4 time signature in the verse or have I completely lost my ability to count? Any drummers in here who can tell?

The rest is awesome. I've only done a quick runthrough on the laptop and am about to go get my studio headphones to have a real listen but so far I'm well impressed.

Well done guys.

Sagalady
sagalady

Beitragvon Max » Sa Okt 27, 2007 12:11 pm

Yeah, it's a 9/4 signature in the verses and then 4/4 in the chorus and bridge
"It's all in Uncle Alberts Eyes"- Chapter 13

Kick It Like Bonham
Max

Beitragvon sagalady » Sa Okt 27, 2007 1:04 pm

Max hat geschrieben:Yeah, it's a 9/4 signature in the verses and then 4/4 in the chorus and bridge

Thanks Max. You are right. Emailed with Brian about it last night and he confirmed it's a 9/4.

straight 4/4 in chorus and bridge, as you say.

Sagalady
sagalady

Beitragvon sagalady » Mi Okt 31, 2007 2:38 pm

Ok, finally had a chance at listening through the entire album with proper sound and not just laptop speakers. I have the 128 kbps download from itunes so sound may be not what it should be therefore I won't make any comments on the mix.

Musically I think it is fantastic. I hear the entire back catalogue in this album. Even Bahaviour and Wildest Dreams, my to least liked Saga albums. Although, now it works. Maybe those two albums were ahead of their time.

Brian is a f*ck*ng ANIMAL! There - I said it (flame me at will). I'm a drum geek and will buy albums with good drums. I'd buy this one even if I wasn't a Saga fan, simply because the drumming on the CD is SUPERB! This band really knows how to pick their drummers.

Crush's guitarplaying - what can I say. Whatever Crush and Brian was on in the sessions - wow! Crush has always been one of my all time fave guitar players. He is probably the only one I know who can play fast and with oooodles of feel at the same time. And the tone! The tone! I can't stop grinning.

Mike's vocals is simply spot on! I can't wait to see him on stage singing these songs.

Jimmie's basslines rock steady and just enough. As always. I have to shamefully admit that I never actually realized how good a bass player Jimmie is until a few years ago (and I've been a fan for 25+ years now). Now, I listen to what he does on each album with a completely different take to what it is he does. The guy rocks!

Keyboards - sometimes a bit high in the mix at times (could be the AAC compression causing it so I won't stand by that comment until I've heard a hard copy) but superbly played. Especially in Book Of Lies.

I hate to say this but this sounds young and fresh. Straight after "It Never Ends" was "Time's Up" in my playlist and after that came "That's as far as I'll go" and it all ties together. How is that possible? How can "Time's Up" written decades ago sound like it fits right in to an album done 2007? How do they do it? "10.000 Days" doesn't sound dated at all in my ears and neither does "Time's Up". How the heck can they produce this kind of constant quality where the old sounds as fresh as the new? I grew up in this business and I can't figure it out.

Book Of Lies is still the top song on 10.000 Days for me. I need to pull the song in to Garageband and slice out that section with Crush and Brian going absolutely mental and stick it as a ringtone on my phone. I just can't get enough of that song. The entire production of it is just plain SEXY.

Sagalady
Zuletzt geändert von sagalady am Mi Okt 31, 2007 5:00 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
sagalady

Beitragvon keithm » Mi Okt 31, 2007 3:56 pm

Who the hell is 'crush'! Are you saying Ian isn't playing the main guitars part? Have I missed something here :-?
keithm

Beitragvon sagalady » Mi Okt 31, 2007 4:25 pm

keithm hat geschrieben:Who the hell is 'crush'! Are you saying Ian isn't playing the main guitars part? Have I missed something here :-?

Crush = Ian.

Have a look at saga-denmark.

;-)
sagalady

Beitragvon keithm » Mi Okt 31, 2007 4:52 pm

Der, never seen him called crush before!
keithm

Beitragvon Kingsnake » Do Nov 01, 2007 3:52 pm

The album is amazing although they've written better ballads.
But the guitar solii are simply terrific.

One sad thing: No noticeable Jim Gilmour vocals :(

And the album is rather short, in the age of cd they could have added at least an extra 10 - 20 minutes of music.
Kingsnake

Beitragvon wilkie UK » Do Nov 01, 2007 4:39 pm

On the first couple of spins, I found the new album a little boring :-? :o But, like all good things, after time you come to appreciate what is truly great! :eg: :D :D 8)
The point of the journey is not to arrive......
wilkie UK

Zurück zu News