How can Brian rejoin Saga?

How can Brian rejoin Saga?

Beitragvon keithm » Di Nov 06, 2007 1:11 pm

Whie I wish Brian well on his recovery, if Saga can not use Steve Negus because of health issures then surely Brian (who has had a back injury and a heart attack) can not be used for the same reasons? I know it would be a hard choice to make, but if the guys couldn't get insurance to cover Steve on tour they sure as hell won't beable to cover Brian. Unless the insurance issue isn't the real reason for Steve not doing the tour.
keithm

Beitragvon sagalady » Di Nov 06, 2007 2:17 pm

Insurance is acquired per tour and not on an annual basis.

A bill of health for Brian should not be an issue for future tours. Time between touring taken in account (There is a reason why a certain Scottish singer who keeps asking everyone if they think he's sexy (hint hint) did not tour for quite a while. No insurance company wanted to insure the artist for cancelled shows as he was well known to cancel shows at a whim = a promoter's and insurance company's nightmare.)

Steve left the band in 2003. He is no longer a member of the band and hasn't been for the past 4 years. Although he has graciously helped out when the guys were stuck it is time for us fans to move on.

Sagalady

------------------------
Disclaimer:
My opinions are mine only and should not be understood to be that of the band Saga as I do not work for them. If the reader consider to use my posts as business advice they do so at their own discression and can not make me accountable for any misfortunes.
sagalady

Beitragvon Kenny Gus » Di Nov 06, 2007 5:43 pm

sagalady hat geschrieben:Steve left the band in 2003. He is no longer a member of the band and hasn't been for the past 4 years. Although he has graciously helped out when the guys were stuck it is time for us fans to move on.

It seems very hard for some to understand that!?
Well said, Sagalady! ;)
Bild
Kenny Gus

Beitragvon Adrian C » Di Nov 06, 2007 7:17 pm

A disclaimer ?
I'd thought I'd seen it all but I have now.
It's not over until it's over.
Adrian C

Beitragvon BLB1 » Di Nov 06, 2007 7:40 pm

I believe KeithM has a valid point and I didn't read in his post that Steve should be brought back, I think his point was that if Steve could not be brought back for a tour due to health concerns then those same problems exsist with Brian.

g'day
BLB1

Beitragvon MichaelNoi » Mi Nov 07, 2007 9:23 am

The running tour goes with Chris Southerland.
About what Tour are you talking ?
Who knows, what will happen to the band next ?
Why not enjoy the propably last tour of Saga ?
MichaelNoi

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mi Nov 07, 2007 8:28 pm

BLB1 hat geschrieben:I believe KeithM has a valid point and I didn't read in his post that Steve should be brought back, I think his point was that if Steve could not be brought back for a tour due to health concerns then those same problems exsist with Brian.

g'day

I thought about this too. Some of Brians email almost seem to indicate that he will not be a part of Saga going forward. Seems to talk almost in a past tense. but whatever happens people have to realize that there are many things that happen that we are not apart of. let's say Brian does come back and tour with Saga.......there could be some reason that the insurance company would allow brian and not Steve. maybe the drummer has to take a physical. I personally will let Saga work all this out.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon sagalady » Mi Nov 07, 2007 10:22 pm

Social Orphan hat geschrieben:
I thought about this too. Some of Brians email almost seem to indicate that he will not be a part of Saga going forward. Seems to talk almost in a past tense. but whatever happens people have to realize that there are many things that happen that we are not apart of. let's say Brian does come back and tour with Saga.......there could be some reason that the insurance company would allow brian and not Steve. maybe the drummer has to take a physical. I personally will let Saga work all this out.

Very well said, Social Orphan.

Only time will tell.
sagalady

Beitragvon Timmer » Fr Dez 14, 2007 9:40 pm

Brian is Saga's drummer.
"I'm unanimous when I say that." Okay old TV quote, from Mrs Slowcom on Are you being served? What doesn't anbody watch late night TV? I'm just old!
Tim
Timmer

Beitragvon Timmer » So Dez 16, 2007 12:19 am

OKAY PEOPLE ... I REST MY CASE ... Brian is Saga's drummer.

I do not know Brian personally nor am I working for him in any way. I'm just staying informed and passing it along to all my SAGA friends.

The following is a story from the METRO TORNOTO paper. This is the article but I'll attach a link as well for the story with photo at the end.

By BRIAN TOWIE
Metro Toronto
Call it the perils of rock ‘n’ roll excess, or bad habits catching up with you. Either way, Brian Doerner’s scare changed his life. Two months ago, the Kitchener, Ont.-based drummer and music instructor was about to go on tour with his band Saga when disaster struck. Doerner was in his kitchen and felt his left arm go numb, then he felt a gigantic weight on his chest shortly before collapsing from a heart attack. Luckily enough, his wife was home, called 911 and paramedics arrived to tend to him shortly after. An operation and a stainless
steel stint later, Doerner, one of Canada’s most recognized drummers, decided to revamp his lifestyle. He traded in smoking, drinking and red meat for fruits, vegetables and exercise.“I thought I was healthier than that,” says Doerner. “ I made really bad food choices. Good health is what I’m all about now. Instead of reaching for that bag of salty chips, I’m reaching for a piece of fruit. It was tough at first; you get depressed when you stop all that stuff I used to do, smoking especially. But that goes away the more you get into exercise. I just did some weights and an hour of cardio today and I feel great.” The Helix drummer isn’t
planning to cut down on his time with Saga, either, noting he’ll rejoin the band when
they return from their European tour. First thing’s first, however: the departure of Michael Sadler has left the band short one singer, and Doerner says they’re currently auditioning.
In the meantime, he’ll continue to teach music in his hometown and play with twin brother Brent in their band Decibel. “Everyone I know sent me a lot of get well cards and
they were really worried about me,” Doerner said. “But it’s not like I’m dead, you know? I still do everything I used to do. In fact, I’m probably in better shape now than I’ve been in a long time.”
Drummer Brian Doerner, best known for his work with rock groups Helix and Saga, is recovering from a heart attack.

http://www.metronews.ca/uploadedFiles/P ... oronto.pdf
go to page 22 for story and pic
Timmer

Zurück zu News