my Saga 10,000 Days Saga... a sad story!

my Saga 10,000 Days Saga... a sad story!

Beitragvon Timmer » Mo Nov 12, 2007 1:26 am

Dear Saga Friends:

I have a 10,000 days story I feel I must share. I will try to keep it short so you don’t lose interest before I make my point.
A very brief history of me. I’m a 47 year old male, living in Barrie, Ontario. I’ve been married to the same women for over 26 years. I have served in the Armed Forces for 10 years and had a variety of business ventures and jobs along the way. We had prosperous times and others not so much. We’ve raised 2 fantastic children. I have lived an honest and moral life. I have enjoyed my self along the way. I am constantly shocked of what we can do to each other as neighbors, friends and relatives. People are always trying to short cut there way in life.
On Friday the 9th of November I went in search of Saga, 10,000 Days CD. The first location did not have the CD. The second had the CD for $25.99 to which I passed. The third location (HMV) had it for $19.99, which I was happy to pay. I didn’t have a chance to listen to it until Saturday. My wife, Wendy, and I were helping her parents move into a new home. I popped the CD into my player and listened to it at least 4 times. I do like the CD but that is not what this is about.
Our 17 year old neighbor had friends over for a party. We had broken bear bottles left on our deck, some vodka cans on the front yard and my truck was missing the stereo!
Okay now the worst of the worst, my 10,000 Days Cd was still in the player!!! This was the first week I had my truck on the road as I listen to my iPod on my Kawasaki Voyager motorcycle for every day from spring until the first snow fall. I would have had this on my iPod but alas I do not. Someone will jeopardize the right to travel out side their own country with random acts of vandalism if caught that lead to a conviction. Let alone leaving the parents, who were at work, with the legal liability of drinking underage on their property
So for all of you with your copy, enjoy. I will have to wait until next pay to replace my mine.
Just as a side note I did get to see Saga in Barrie in October and left a review on the German area of the site. I think as well there was link to an article in the Barrie paper. If you can’t find it I can update that because the article was pretty good. If some one can share with me I still have pics but have not figured out how to upload.
Your Saga Friend.
Tim
Timmer

Beitragvon Hinterländer » Mo Nov 12, 2007 8:32 am

If you want to upload your pictures send me a private mesage, I'll give you an account on my picture gallery. There are also much more pictures of Saga.

http://www.idt-becker.de/gallery2/main.php

Our 17 year old neighbor had friends over for a party. We had broken bear bottles left on our deck, some vodka cans on the front yard and my truck was missing the stereo!

I feel with you

kind regadrs

Stefan
Der Serverpapa / Serveradmin

Anthony's Law of Force: "Don't force it, get a larger hammer." :klopf:
Hinterländer
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Kenny Gus » Mo Nov 12, 2007 11:59 am

Behaviour like that pisses me off!!! :evil:
Bild
Kenny Gus

Beitragvon Timmer » Sa Nov 17, 2007 1:01 am

Really not looking for sympothy but I thought there would be a bigger reaction to this. I guess my sadness at loosing 10,000 Days was only my sorrow. :cry:
So much music comming out at this time of year and I end up having to buy one twice!
Tim
Timmer

Beitragvon sagalady » Sa Nov 17, 2007 3:44 am

Timmer hat geschrieben:So much music comming out at this time of year and I end up having to buy one twice!
Tim

I had to buy mine twice as well. Once on iTunes after the realease as it wasn't available in a shop where I live. then again in hard copy in a shop when I got to germany.

I also have every studio album in vinyl *and* CD. I have two CD versions (+ the vinyl and I lost the tape) of Heads or Tales just because one has the unabridged version of Catwalk. I have Worlds Apart in 2 version on vinyl (different artwork) and one CD. Trust as promo and retail version.

This band has cost me an absolute fortune. :wink:

What was that about having to get 10k days twice?

:hut:
sagalady

Beitragvon Timmer » Sa Nov 17, 2007 5:06 am

I have to buy 10,000 days because it was in my stereo when it was stolen out of my vehicle. I have the cover but not the CD anymore. I have every CD with the exception of the compilations and Soft Works. I have the Pleasure and the Pain with the original art work of the girl gettiing pierced. I wonder why they changed that. I too have had everything on vinyl, cassette and now CD. Most of the CD singles were not released in Canada. Or weren't out for very long if they were released.
Tim
Timmer

Beitragvon sagalady » Sa Nov 17, 2007 1:07 pm

Timmer hat geschrieben:I have to buy 10,000 days because it was in my stereo when it was stolen out of my vehicle. I have the cover but not the CD anymore. I have every CD with the exception of the compilations and Soft Works. I have the Pleasure and the Pain with the original art work of the girl gettiing pierced. I wonder why they changed that. I too have had everything on vinyl, cassette and now CD. Most of the CD singles were not released in Canada. Or weren't out for very long if they were released.
Tim

I know what you're saying mate. I have Softworks in a working format that I picked up at Sam's in 2004. Too bad Sam's isn't around anymore. Used to be a great place to go to when looking for rare Saga stuff. Have the old version of softworks as well, but it isn't mine. Need to find the owner and return it. I've just lost his number.

Funny how The Pleasure and The Pain always end up next to Slaves and Masters (by Deep Purple) in my CD shelf.

:hut:
sagalady

Beitragvon Kenny Gus » Sa Nov 17, 2007 4:23 pm

If I were you I would chase those guys to death, Timmer! :eg: :evil:
Bild
Kenny Gus

Beitragvon tooldieyguy » Sa Nov 17, 2007 7:06 pm

dont tell me, i actually paid $47 for The Security Of Illusion back in '93, so desperate to here them after a long absence (special import)
Its time to go!!!
tooldieyguy

Beitragvon Timmer » Sa Nov 17, 2007 9:09 pm

Holy Crap. $47.00 as an import for music from a band from CANADA!!! That Blows. The music Biz ah, go figure. I can buy direct from Gary Numan site in England cheaper that buying Saga in our oun Country. Numans site has the product shipped by his parents.
Tim
Timmer

Beitragvon tooldieyguy » Sa Nov 17, 2007 9:25 pm

What can i say when your desperate to hear them your're desperate and i was willing to pay anything.
Same thing with the The Works i was in a mall in toronto and saw it and if memory serves it was over $50, but i had to have it. And am i glad i did buy it because as you guys here in canada know it is rare to see any cds under SAGA section in the record stores so when you see it you grab it and run.
Its time to go!!!
tooldieyguy

Beitragvon Timmer » Do Jan 03, 2008 10:24 am

Okay friends you aren't going to believe this. With the minus 20 celcius degrees It seems my truck doesn't like to run. I get ready to come to work and it won't start. So I go and use my wifes car. Needless to say I was not in the best of moods which I took out on the truck by slamming the door. Which I forgot to lock. Well my new copy of 10,000 Days was in the new CD player. I get a call from home about 3 hours after getting to work. My wife tells me she was outside and checked my truck and well, unlocked. Can you see it comming. Stereo gone. New 10,000Days CD, gone!!!
Did I say you wouldn't believe it? Well don't. Yes I left it unlocked but the player and cd are still there. The rest is fiction.
There's 5 mins of your life you won't get back. What else would you be doing right now anyway?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Timmer
Timmer

Beitragvon sagalady » Do Jan 03, 2008 2:34 pm

Timmer,

here is a piece of advice.

NEVER use the original CD in your truck. ALWAYS burn a copy and leave the original in he house.

I'm sorry this has happened to you twice now.

Still I can't stop laughing. Sorry, bro.

MUOAHAHAHAHA
sagalady

Beitragvon Timmer » Fr Jan 04, 2008 1:11 am

Sagalady:
Maybe you should reread that and get back to me.
Lets just say I was bored at work and wanted to post something!
Tim
Timmer

Beitragvon Mrs.C » Fr Jan 04, 2008 1:59 pm

That's shit Timmer :cry:

And who said 'lightening doesn't strike twice'? :o
Anything can happen
When I close my eyes
Mrs.C

Nächste

Zurück zu News