Not trying to be negative but...

Not trying to be negative but...

Beitragvon Timmer » Fr Nov 16, 2007 9:54 pm

Really this is not negative about anyone in the band, has been in the band or will be in the band but more an observation. With the guys being together for 30 years we have all been growing older together. As shown in some of the health issues. Hears my point. What the hell is with the font size on 10,000 Days. What day did it happen to me that I'd need glasses to read liner notes? I'm a liner note and lyric freak. I spent many a youthfull hour alone with my LP sleeve notes. I remember in particular waiting for each Alan Parsons Project album to come out so I could hide in my bedroom and play the heck out of the LP while learning all the lyrics. I think APP had some of the best cover art in the business. If I don't put some spectacles on I can only enjoy the cover art of 10,000 Days and all the other Saga covers with the Mothman Alien hibrid thingy! Maybe I'll have the lyrics down buy the time I buy my new copy of the CD.
Don't get me wrong here it's not just Saga liner notes but all I buy lately!!! I must say it seems to get smaller each year.
"Vanity, My Favorite Sin"
(Quote by Satan in The Devils Advocate)
Zuletzt geändert von Timmer am Fr Dez 07, 2007 10:22 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Timmer

Beitragvon sagalady » Fr Nov 16, 2007 10:39 pm

I don't know. I can read the liner notes just fine. Can't see anything wrong in wearing glasses. Been doin' that for years.

:hut:
sagalady

Beitragvon SAGA-NORWAY » Fr Nov 16, 2007 11:21 pm

sagalady hat geschrieben:I don't know. I can read the liner notes just fine. Can't see anything wrong in wearing glasses. Been doin' that for years.

:hut:

L O L

SAGA-NORWAY

Beitragvon Timmer » Sa Nov 17, 2007 12:58 am

Nice Sagalady;
I had to put on my glasses to read your reply. Maybe a bigger computer monitor is in my future!
Tim
Timmer

Beitragvon Timmer » Do Dez 13, 2007 1:55 pm

Okay just bought the new Duran Duran and Seal. As I've said before what gives with liner notes today. Having done print work in the form of menues the first thing taught is that not everyone has 20 - 20 vision. Even a 10 point font for menus is not recommended. 12 would be the minum. So being a liner note geek is accented by the stereotypical geek action of reaching for my glasses! What I find funny is that is the only time I need them.
I can spend hours on the computer at work or working on some very detailed artwork without needing them. Well now that I'm a grandfather I guess the glasses shouldn't be such a big deal. I guess if I give in, my dream of becomming a fighter pilot is over :cry:
Tim
PS
Some of the liner note color combinations are terrible.
Timmer

Zurück zu News