No part is greater than the sum of all parts.

Beitragvon tooldieyguy » Fr Nov 23, 2007 7:21 pm

Thats hillarious, i had no sooner wrote it, then, when i checked back in they had the kareoke thing posted, it was actually something i had been thinking about for a while just never expressed it.
Its time to go!!!
tooldieyguy

Beitragvon Timmer » Sa Nov 24, 2007 12:17 am

Sagalady:
I sent you a PM did you get it? I think I may have done something wrong.
Anyway too cool that you toured with M&M. I have the DVD live at Sheppards Bush. I heard some negative things about it but I thought it was good. Never saw them with Mr. Young but I like Paul Carrack. I have every Mike and the Mechanics even M6 which was not released in Canada. As well as every Tony Banks. What I really like about Tony is all the different singers he uses.
I really though Ray had the right voice for Genesis music, very bluesy.
Tim
Timmer

Beitragvon sagalady » Sa Nov 24, 2007 3:39 pm

Timmer hat geschrieben:Sagalady:
I sent you a PM did you get it?

Nope. I've PM'd you, though.

Sagalady
sagalady

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mo Nov 26, 2007 10:38 pm

Sagalady, You did the same thing I did. I was thinking the same. While I am sad about Michael leaving….actually still bothers me months after hearing the news and will probably always bother me…I was reflecting on this also. I had constructed a letter and was going to send it to Jim Gilmour or at least post it in his blog….but needed to register for another service and never got around to it.

It took me a couple months, but I really think the guys should continue as Saga without Michael. While Michael had his own reasons to stop the others don’t have to stop because Michael wants to. I remember as you said how many times Saga has changed sound….in my opinion I used to love how Saga changed things up. Lately I think they have established a formula…….I think adding in a new singer would change the sound and I bet it will still be pretty darn good. I love the experimentation of Saga.

So, I was about to write Jim G because he had his own site and urge him to continue the band with the other members. I will be there for the band because I am a fan of Saga. Sure I will be there for Michael too. But my loyalty to Saga will not change when he leaves.

So how will this effect Saga. I think they will still be able to create a very good cd. They may have to alter the sound some….but that is absolutely cool with me. As for live performance, at first I said no way. Saga can not be the same band live. But than ironically, those youtube videos of house bands covering Saga and while they were for the most part funny……Saga still has much of the band intact and I am sure they could come up with a better singer than those guys have. Saga will be fine. It will be different and take a lot of getting used too…..actually not for me but the European fans…..living in the US I doubt I will ever see them again. But I would be welcome to the replacement.

Saga without Michael = sad. No Saga = worse. Long live Saga!
Social Orphan

Vorherige

Zurück zu News