SAGA cancellation Helmond , statement from DMC

SAGA cancellation Helmond , statement from DMC

Beitragvon DMC » Mi Nov 28, 2007 9:22 pm

Dear DUTCH SAGA Fans ,
I am Michael from DMC Musikmarketing, we are the tourpromoter . I am very sorry about this cancellation but as you can imagine, there were serios reasons to cancel this concert as there occured huge technical problems during soundcheck . The local power situation made it impossible to guarantee the saftey of the band and the audience. And believe me , SAGA never cancelled a concert in 30years ! I can not understand how the local promoter thinks SAGA would do this without any reason. The SAGA production manager suggested various solutions to solve the problem , but the local promoter did not do anything.
With kind regards
Bild
DMC
Management

Beitragvon Therese » So Dez 02, 2007 11:40 pm

Dear Michael, Thanks for your explanation. Is there already news, if they can make it up to us? As they said so in their explanation? Do we have to keep our tickets or do we have to get our money back?
Don't be late
Therese

Beitragvon sagalady » Mo Dez 03, 2007 3:00 pm

Hi Therese, just a question. Have you noticed that the last show of the tour is the day after tomorrow?

They have a day off today, they are playing tomorrow and then there is the last day. To be honest, I can't see them being able to fit in a show in Helmond before dec 5. And I presume it would also mean that the promoter in Helmond would either have to be a different one or the same again who'd then would be forced to fix the power problem before the band could even consider turning up.

Not enough time, as I can see it.

I believe the oficial statement from the band and the promoter (? I have very limited dutch knowledge) from the crappy babelfish translation of the promoter's statement, it looks like tickets will be refunded. No-one, promoter nor band, seem to have said anything about rescheduling the show.

Looks like you lucked out.
sagalady

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mo Dez 03, 2007 4:49 pm

Sagalady, their is a date scheduled for December 9th in Puerto Rico. And on the Tour Section they indicate more dates will be scheduled. Who knows when it will end....probably still by Jan 1st. I still think their has to be an official statement about the dvd which is supposed to be Michael's last show. Something tells me that Saga hasn't revealed their last day yet.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon sagalady » Mo Dez 03, 2007 5:51 pm

Well, I think the "more dates added soon" is a static that has been there for quite a while. Also, it only says "more dtaes added soon" and not "more dates with Michael Sadler added soon"

Then again - you could be right. I guess we will all know when they are good and ready to let us know. But end of this particular european tour is dec 5. AT least there has been no indication of the european tour being extended. Either that or I'm totally blind.

:-)
sagalady

Beitragvon Therese » Mo Dez 03, 2007 8:44 pm

Sagalady, Why did they end their explanation: "and are presently trying find a way to make it up to everyone involved"? I understand that a performance at Plato is not a possibility. But why write such a thing as it is impossible to arrange it?
Don't be late
Therese

Beitragvon sagalady » Mo Dez 03, 2007 9:16 pm

Not the slightest idea. Arranging of refunds?

I do believe the promoter has said that refunds will be done.
sagalady

Zurück zu News