Don't try this at home.

Don't try this at home.

Beitragvon sagalady » Mi Dez 05, 2007 8:43 pm

I did some tidying up last night. Finally starting to get organized in my cottage at my parents farm, which they have used as storage so it's been full of stuff. But at least I now have my workspace, my bed and everything else I need. I digress...

By 1am I called it a night and fired up the little tubestick on my MacBookPro (the cottage is TINY to watch some TV. An hour later I got bored so used the remote to switch over to listening to some music. I ended up listening to Home from Full Circle. and just let the playlist carry on from there. At the end of A Night To Remember I bounced up and said out loud "What the heck is Sam doing in Full Circle????" Sam was in the background talking.

Curled up under the duvet and the beautiful guitar in Good Bye was rolling out through the speakers. Couldn't help but a tiny little tear in my eye.

Generation 13 followed and that ruined the rest of the night. Didn't get a blink. Couldn't sleep. I was still awake tossing and turning when sis pulled up at the yard to turn out the horses. I guess that I finally dozed off at about 7-8 am.

What is it about this band that does this to us? What is it about the music that grabs us so much? I know I'm not the only one who feel touched by the music and the words.

The moral of this story is - do not listen to Saga at bedtime if you intend to get some sleep.
I have a big meeting tomorrow. I really should switch over to another playlist and get some work done. However, I think I'll color my hair, get a DVD and watch some Saga on the laptop while the hairdye is doing it's thing to cover the gray hair.

Have a great party tonight, all of you in Munich.

Sagalady
sagalady

Beitragvon FlyerPR » Do Dez 06, 2007 7:01 am

i guess i am one of the few who listens to music to go to sleep
FlyerPR

Beitragvon Timmer » Do Dez 06, 2007 10:50 pm

Sagalady:
I was waiting for someone to get something new started. Wouldn't ya know it. It has to be you. I've always gone to sleep listening to music. So I had Marathon in yesterday. I usually pick a song I want to hear but never stay awake for it. I sat up until Breathing Lessons came on yesterday. Now I can't say it makes me misty, but it is one of my favs. The vocals by Michael on it ar so sooooothing. I can't say as I heard all of Hands Ups though.
Can't go to sleep to Gen 13 cause it's like a book I have to hear the whole story. I wonder what I'll pop in when I get back from work today.
Tim
Zuletzt geändert von Timmer am Fr Dez 14, 2007 9:34 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Timmer

Beitragvon sagalady » Fr Dez 07, 2007 12:24 am

Precisely Tim. Thats exactly it. Generation 13 is like a book. It is a story. I'm one of those weird people who see pictures when I listen to music. Generation 13 gives me an entire stageplot with dancers, stageset, props, effects, singers, actors..... How the heck do you sleep to that?

I dozed off halfway through the second run of heads or tales.

Marathon, eh? Never really did grab me until I saw the tour. Network, same thing. Got to give Marathon a spin tonight.

And as for starting something new.... Please, go right ahead.

:-)

Sagalady
sagalady

Beitragvon Timmer » Fr Dez 07, 2007 1:03 am

Network never really got me either.
Sometimes when we're on the motorcycle and Breathing Lessons comes on it kinda puts me in a trance. NOT GOOD!
I really like the mix of vocals with Jim and Mike on Gen 13. So many layers to that one. Very dark and troubling, I love it.
Tim
Timmer

Beitragvon Timmer » Fr Dez 07, 2007 4:18 pm

Tried to sleep to House of Cards. That wasn't possible. Back up in an hour and looking for new posts.
Had a Saga Marothon at work. All Saga - all night. All the kids that work for me wanted to know what I was listening to. Some said I think my parents listen to them. That's not what you say to impress the boss. Oh well I had a good night even if none of them have heard of Saga. Crazy kids and their music today! I just don't get it. All this sceaming and carring on. How do they understand that stuff. GOOD GOD I think I'm chanelling my father!!!
Talk again soon.
Tim
Timmer

Zurück zu News