News Article - Puerto Rico (translated) 'the last concert,,&

News Article - Puerto Rico (translated) 'the last concert,,&

Beitragvon FlyerPR » So Dez 09, 2007 3:03 am

The largest newspaper of Puerto Rico published today an article about SAGA (El Nuevo Dia, 8/12/ 07 pg. 103) with the headline 'El Ultimo concierto en voz de Sadler'
here is the link with photo in the internet online edition : http://www.elnuevodia.com/diario/notici ... ler/327484

Here is my translation of that article (if you are going to copy paste elsewhere please give credit to Saga Germany, thanks):
THE LAST CONCERT OF SADLER

Those attending The Arena pier 10 are going to witness the end of a cycle that started 30 years ago as the canadian band Saga presents it's last show with lead singer Michael Sadler.
It is not a coincidence that Saga chose Puerto Rico to celebrate it's last concert with Sadler, it was one of the first countries that welcomed them with open arms outside their native country, Canada.
"In Puerto Rico Saga gave it's first important concert because before that we would only play in small venues in Toronto, they called us to give us the opportunity to play a concert there. We did not know where Puerto Rico was in a map, and when we arrived we were surprised so much because we were hailed everywhere, That time we played in front of 8,000 people in a baseball stadium , we were surprised " remembers the guitarist Ian Crichton, talking about their first concert that the band played at the Hiram Birthorn stadium.
Although Sadler's exit is imminent, Crichton declares that between the band members there is not much nostalgic feeling since Saga is going to continue making music.
on the other side,Sadler is excited because in the next days he is going to become a daddy, "he is going to be very busy changing diappers" said the guitarist.
The rest of the group, Jim Crichton, jim Gilmour and Brian Doerner are sure they are starting a new phase; when the tour ends, the brothers Crichton will concentrate on writting songs to be ready for the new lead singer.
"Our fans are interested in the continuity of the band,Michael has been our lead singer for 30 years, so the fact that we are going to have a new lead singer after so many years is weird, but nothing is imposible and other groups like Van Halen , Styx and Foreigner have done it. lead singer aside, there is still a whole lot in a band" said the guitarist.
Although the lead voice is going to change, they will continue with their trademark mix of classic rock & progressive rock.
This sunday the band is going to play a career wide long menu of songs . Crichton declares that he has no idea of how the moods are going to be during that day, since this is their last concert and that fans are going to have a lot to do with this.
Musique Express is going to be in charge of the smart lighting that are going to recreate the first concerts of Saga in the country,
Opening acts include the bands Iguana, Black Tatu and DJ Fonso. The tickets for this concert are on sale at Ticketpop .

Saga will be doing a 'In Store' tonight at Music Zone in Plaza Las Americas starting at 7pm.
At 9pm tonight will start the Saga Warming Up at Nono's in old san juan.

//
FlyerPR

Beitragvon Mrs.C » Mo Dez 10, 2007 1:00 pm

FlyerPR thanks for taking the time to translate :P
Anything can happen
When I close my eyes
Mrs.C

Beitragvon Sagajay » Do Dez 13, 2007 1:10 pm

Great job man.... as always saga rocked the place.
i'm glad they came to PR for their last show with MS
[url]http://picasaweb.google.com/sagajay[url]
here are my pictures of the night plus others feel free to copy them and use them in your site just don't forget to mention me.[url][/url]
Sagajay

Zurück zu News