Concert Review -Puerto Rico (news article, pics/ translated)

Concert Review -Puerto Rico (news article, pics/ translated)

Beitragvon FlyerPR » Di Dez 11, 2007 11:06 pm

PR's largest daily gave a great review of Saga's sunday concert with photos. the review article 'Cierra un ciclo en la isla"
Weblink: http://www.elnuevodia.com/diario/notici ... sla/329061
for picture gallery go to article, click button next to photo with numbers.

My translation:
THE ISLAND WITNESSED THE END OF AN ERA

Sunday night we saw an end of an era that started during the 70's when Saga came for the first time to Puerto Rico. The happy times they spent here motivated the band to choose the island as the right place to play the last concert of the band with Michael Sadler, lead singer for 30 years.

Opening acts: Black Iguana, Tatu and DJFonso entretained the audience right before 9:30 (21,30hrs) when Saga took the main stage. At that time we saw Ian Crichton Jim Crichton , Jim Gilmour , Brian Doerner [translator's note: this is an error, it was Chris Sutherland ] and Sadler ,who look very diffrent this time with his short hair, walking slowly towards the stage.
“¡Hola, Puerto Rico! How great to see you again!. How are you? Are you ready? Have a good time!”, said the lead singer to the crowd right after playing ‘The Interview’, the first song of the evening.

The group was very aware that the crowd was there to live once again the 'good old times'. That is why before playing new tunes from their newer albums '10,000 days ' or 'Trust'', Sadler (who was chatting a great deal with the crowd) told them that they would only play 2 new songs and right after that they would play all the 'classics'. It was a little white lie since they played a third new song latter in the concert.

The reaction of the crowd when the 'Perfectionist' was played, song that brought them huge fame in the island, was in sharp contrast compared to the reaction to the newer songs. During 'Perfectionist' the audience became euphoric , they all stood up and cheered
The same thing happened with other songs like 'The Flyer', 'Wind him up' 'Mind over matter' and 'On the loose'..

Even though it was Sadler's goodbye gig, The rest of the band had their own space to shine. Gilmour showed off with ‘Scratching the Surface', Doerner [translator's note: this is an error, it was Chris Sutherland], the newest member of the band also showed his talent while Crichton owned the stage with many songs.
The progressive sound of the band was present at all times . The best moment of the evening came when Sadler, Gilmour and Jim Crichton played at the same time ‘Careful Where You Step’.
As the evening went by, the nostalgic air was evident , specially in Sadler's expressive face.
“Puerto Rico, we came here from the very begining and you know it, in these 30 years you have given us a lot and thanks to those 30 years , I have two words to say to you : Thank You! I will miss you all" said Sadler while the crowd cheered.

One of the songs most requested, ‘Don’t Be Late’, was the closing song of the evening, the band warmly waved good bye and Sadler left the stage sending a kiss and saying 'Adios' (goodbye), forever. .

//

(please give credit to saga germany if you are going to paste somewhere, thanks)
Zuletzt geändert von FlyerPR am Mi Dez 12, 2007 5:35 pm, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.
FlyerPR

Beitragvon Susi » Di Dez 11, 2007 11:22 pm

Thanks a million!!! :)
šтуℓє « ιš, ωнαт уσυ [¢яєαтє]. ησт, ωнαт уσυ [¢σρу]
Susi

Beitragvon FlyerPR » Mi Dez 12, 2007 1:16 am

thank you susi. :eg:
FlyerPR

Beitragvon kuschelhawk » Mi Dez 12, 2007 1:53 am

thanks for this review :D
Come to me I will give and receive
All I need is for you to believe
Come to me I can help you feel free
Take my hand & understand that I believe
kuschelhawk
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Mrs.C » Mi Dez 12, 2007 1:11 pm

Great review, thanks FlyerPR :lol:

Just one question tho......

Is Brian all better now? :o Did he play in Puerto-Rico? :o Or have they just put the wrong name and it was Chris who did the show? :o

Oh it's ok, just read on other thread, It was Chris at the show, so error by original writer of the article I presume ;)
Anything can happen
When I close my eyes
Mrs.C

Beitragvon dmeehan » Mi Dez 12, 2007 2:54 pm

hahaha.. the article is slightly wrong... it was NOT Brian playing drums.. It was Chris Sutherland.
dmeehan
Orga + Mod
Orga + Mod

Beitragvon FlyerPR » Mi Dez 12, 2007 5:21 pm

yes, it is an error by the author of the article. Brian was not there, Chris was. I added 2 Translator notes with brackets correcting this.
FlyerPR

Beitragvon Sagajay » Mi Dez 12, 2007 8:10 pm

[url]http://picasaweb.google.com/sagajay/SagaLiveAtThePier10SanJuanPRDic92007
[/url]
Sagajay

Zurück zu News