Drummer´s work after 9600 days

Drummer´s work after 9600 days

Beitragvon thedentist » Mi Dez 12, 2007 11:13 am

It must be said,that on "10.000 Days" the most amazing thing it´s the work of the "new" drummer Brian Doerner. The sound of his drum-playing is extraordenary and recorded very brilliant (on "Trust" there was the hopeful beginning).
Although the question is, why Mr. Negus has seperated,where I can get more informations?
thedentist

Beitragvon Susi » Mi Dez 12, 2007 11:21 am

June 20, 2003

Open Letter to all Saga Fans:

I think it is appropriate at this time, to let you know that these shows in July, up to the Hamilton show, (July 12th) will be my last with Saga.

It is after careful consideration that I have decided to leave the band.

I feel that I can no longer function within the present framework, so, it is time for me to take my leave and move on to new and different pursuits.

It's not an easy move to make after twenty six years of playing together, but one, obviously, that I have to make.

This is not the result of some blowout, or fight with any member of the band, but rather has to do with external circumstances that seem to be beyond my control.

So, I wish the other members, Jim, Mike, Ian and Daryl, all the best, and I know that we will remain friends regardless of the state of Saga.

I would also like to thank all the fans that have been so supportive over the years. Without you, none of us could have accomplished the great body of work that Saga has recorded to date.

Best wishes,
Steve

http://stevenegus.com/newsarchive.html
šтуℓє « ιš, ωнαт уσυ [¢яєαтє]. ησт, ωнαт уσυ [¢σρу]
Susi

Beitragvon Roar » Mi Dez 12, 2007 12:58 pm

Steve left because his input wasn't wanted/needed by the other bandmembers. But he remained loyal and helpful - filling in for Brian when he put his back out last year, and also this year he did 2 shows in Canada on the "10000-days tour". Too bad he didn't get to do the whole tour, though...
So thank you, Steve - for all your wonderful drumming throughout the years! RESPECT!
I rest my case...
Roar

Beitragvon Bertho » Do Dez 13, 2007 1:59 pm

Thanks to Chris Sutherland, who did a terrific job during their 10.000 Days tour! :4: :daumen:

And all the best to Brian... :wishes:
Bertho

Beitragvon Timmer » Fr Dez 14, 2007 9:33 pm

I must agree with thedentist. The drumming on 10,000 days is awsome. The deep tones of Brians toms are incredible. Credit must go to Mark Fortuna for recording and engineering the drums. As well as Jim Chrichton for the mix. I feel the strength Brian plays with. That was only reinforced by seeing Saga live. It doesn't compare to the DVD.
Tim
Timmer

Beitragvon sagalady » Sa Dez 15, 2007 10:25 pm

I have turned in to a complete Brian Doerner fan. His drumming on Book Of lies blows me away each time I listen to it. And that little fill in Back To The Shadows on Trust..... hot dang!!!!

That fill always gave me a smile. the drumming in book of lies splits my face in two.
sagalady

Zurück zu News