Lead Singer, Let's get started

Beitragvon Timmer » Do Jan 03, 2008 10:15 am

Yes Andy that is the article I posted. It was in the local paper before the October show in Barrie. Seems like a lot of the readers have just ignored it. Some people have given up on Saga. To me it seems that the positive posts get little response.
Isn't that right Sagalady? We know better than to give up on these professional musicians. What else can they do? :lol:
Zuletzt geändert von Timmer am Mo Jan 07, 2008 9:03 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Timmer

Beitragvon MichaelNoi » Mo Jan 07, 2008 1:53 pm

What about the Crichton Brothers ???

They saved their voices for the past 30 years, so that would be new thing to think about :eg:
MichaelNoi

Beitragvon wischi » Mo Jan 07, 2008 8:39 pm

What about Bob Catley from MAGNUM ? I really love his voice !!!!
wischi

Beitragvon PIT » Di Jan 08, 2008 12:37 am

wischi hat geschrieben:What about Bob Catley from MAGNUM ? I really love his voice !!!!

WIIISSSCCCHHHIIIII :salto:

Du lebst noch, das find ich ja Geil, daß Du dich nach sooo langer Zeit wieder mal gemeldest hast. Ich hoffe, daß war jetzt nicht das letzte mal und wir hören wieder öfter von einander.

Deine VHS-Kasette hab ich immer noch hier, auch wenn Sie nicht mehr im gebrauch ist, da Frank ja das ganze auf DVD gezogen hat.

Ich freu mich wirklich, Dich mal wieder gelesen zu haben. Knapp 5 Jahre ist ne lange Zeit :prost:
PIT

Beitragvon keithm » Di Jan 08, 2008 6:35 pm

Bob Catkey from Magnum is - still in Magnum! They're touring at the moment..

Deniis De Young isn't doing much :-)
keithm

Beitragvon Adrian C » Di Jan 08, 2008 7:09 pm

NOT Bob Catley PLEASE. :o :o :o :-? :-?
It's not over until it's over.
Adrian C

Beitragvon sagalady » Mi Jan 09, 2008 5:58 pm

Adrian C hat geschrieben:NOT Bob Catley PLEASE. :o :o :o :-? :-?

Lovely guy. Great set of pipes but ...

he's about three apples high and his stage persona would be TOTALLY wrong for Saga, He works well in Magnum, though.

Dennis deYounge ...... not convinced he'd work either.
sagalady

Beitragvon dr_raven1 » Do Jan 17, 2008 6:23 pm

This guy's got my vote now. Solid audition, good strong voice. He made some minor changes and he's got a bit of the rock n' roll thing happening at the end, but I think he's got the best voice I've heard of all the auditions so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCeDAdMGJT4

Dr Raven
dr_raven1

Beitragvon I'm Late » Do Jan 17, 2008 10:24 pm

Sign him!
He's got my vote!
Close to Michael's octaves, but yet, something new! :D
The Truth has no words!
I'm Late

Beitragvon Carl1 » Do Jan 17, 2008 11:06 pm

Pretty good voice if a little gruff and deep. His own video for the song waterfall gives another taste of his quality. I still haven't seen anyone who stands out big time though.
Carl1

Beitragvon MichaelNoi » Fr Jan 18, 2008 10:43 am

Steve Brooke is realy good.

If he only would show some more stage performance instead of keeping his headphone in place,
MichaelNoi

Beitragvon sagalady » Fr Jan 18, 2008 3:39 pm

MichaelNoi hat geschrieben:Steve Brooke is realy good.

Yup,

And you guys want stage performance? For goodness sake, he's in a room, in front of a static camera. Watch his face. The guy has attitude. Get him on a stage and he will do the job.

Got my vote.
sagalady

Beitragvon sagalady » Sa Jan 26, 2008 2:45 am

Well, just watched Eric Crabb. Good voice. Good looks. Quite a sexy guy, but I feel I'm watching a tall version of Ronnie Dio when he moves.

I didn't get that "wow" thing as with Steve Brooke.

Nothing wrong with Eric's voice. Just doesn't tick all the boxes for me.

But that is my opinion.
sagalady

Eric Crabb

Beitragvon socratease » Sa Jan 26, 2008 7:13 pm

I disagree, IMHO, I think Eric Crabb, is the best audition yet. I did some research on the guy and he's sang with some heavy weights. Also found out he's a Canadian living in Calfifornia, and can play the keyboard. Seems like a perfect fit to me. One thing I do agree with Sagalady is that he's HOT!! and it would be nice to see some younger eye candy up there.

Cheers,
Soc
socratease

Re: Eric Crabb

Beitragvon sagalady » Sa Jan 26, 2008 7:41 pm

socratease hat geschrieben:I disagree, IMHO, I think Eric Crabb, is the best audition yet. I did some research on the guy and he's sang with some heavy weights. Also found out he's a Canadian living in Calfifornia, and can play the keyboard. Seems like a perfect fit to me. One thing I do agree with Sagalady is that he's HOT!! and it would be nice to see some younger eye candy up there.

Cheers,
Soc

After posting I also had a look at Wind Him Up video. Yes, the Crabb is good. Very good voice. Very good technique. And the guy is HOT. Maybe a little too hot. I never had the impression that Saga was a band that lived on sex appeal (although I've always thought Mike is shit hot and Jim C is the Canadian version of Mel Gibson) but there was never any hipswinging "I'm too sexy for myself" moves on stage and that s where Crabb goes wrong, in my eyes. I hate to say this but I got a bit of a "chippendale" feel.

Vocally - can't fault him.
Looks - can't fault him.
Stage moves - not working for me.
sagalady

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu News