Lead Singer, Let's get started

Lead Singer, Let's get started

Beitragvon Timmer » Fr Dez 14, 2007 9:51 pm

My choice for a new lead singer for Saga would be Gord Deppe from the Canadian group Spoons. If you know any Canadian 80's group history the only thing wrong with that for me would be Gord without Sandy. If you have one you have to have the other. They are both great players and I have to say both are great looking. Spoons are still active and playing, Jeff Healy's Roadhouse December 28th. i have no association with the band that's just a Saga realted bit of info. That's where Saga played their 2nd date of the Canadian tour.

Well that would be my choice but alas I have no input.

I'd give it a go but I can't carry a tune. That's depressing for someone who loves music so much. :cry: I do play drums but lets not start any drummer talk. Brian is SAGA's drummer!
Tim
Timmer

Beitragvon sagalady » Sa Dez 15, 2007 10:18 pm

It's such a shame that Gowan is busy with Styx. He's such a charismatic person on stage.
sagalady

Beitragvon Timmer » So Dez 16, 2007 1:20 am

Good one Sagalady I could see that.
He's a strange animal, but what do I know. He's a strange animal, I've got to follow.

Styx has a new DVD out. I have to get it. Toto has a new one comming in January and Genesis in February. They are trying to "Keep that poor boy down" Mike and the Mechanics"
Geez I'm way off topic!!!
That's just how my brain works.
Zuletzt geändert von Timmer am So Dez 16, 2007 2:02 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Timmer

Beitragvon Timmer » So Dez 16, 2007 1:25 am

Check out "Story of My Life" from Gords' current band Thread. (As well as still performing as Spoons)
www.myspace.com-gorddeppe
Timmer

Beitragvon sagalady » So Dez 16, 2007 1:52 am

Timmer hat geschrieben:Good one Sagalady I could see that.
He's a strange animal, but what do I know. He's a strange animal, I've got to follow.

A strange animal with "A Criminal Mind"

Styx has a new DVD out. I have to get it. Toto has a new one comming in January and Genesis in February. They are trying to "Kepp that poor boy down" Mike and the Mechanics"
Geez I'm way off topic!!!
That's just how my brain works.

And while you're on your shopping spree, get "One with everything" Styx and the all american youth orchestra. SOund isn't the best but the performance! THE PERFORMANCE!

I have "too much time on my hands". No, not really.

Oh shiikes, we really are getting off topic now, arent we?
sagalady

Beitragvon Timmer » So Dez 16, 2007 2:26 am

I think that one with the youth orchestra is under the Christmas tree. I'm sure there is no "Cosmetics" for me.
Who cares if we are off topic nobody else seems to be here!
Tim
Timmer

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mi Dez 19, 2007 11:43 pm

Too bad Freddie Mercury is dead he'd be the perfect person to replace Michael.

The Bizarre thing is most of those auditioning on youtube are from the USA. See Saga, there are many fans here in America, but I must comment on the youtube guys. This should help you guys up it a little. You guys all need to show some 'stage' presence. You all look camera shy. I am sure Saga not only wants quality singing they want someone who has presence. If you seriously want a shot don't just stand there like a statue reading lyrics.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon kuschelhawk » Do Dez 20, 2007 12:01 am

Hey guys :wink:
what's your opinion about the lady from Finland ?? :D
Come to me I will give and receive
All I need is for you to believe
Come to me I can help you feel free
Take my hand & understand that I believe
kuschelhawk
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Adrian C » Do Dez 20, 2007 2:18 pm

I'm sorry but I see all this as just a piss take.
Yes there are great yet undiscovered singers out there I'm sure but I can't see SAGA taking that chance.
It's not over until it's over.
Adrian C

Beitragvon ontheloose » Do Dez 20, 2007 3:27 pm

The only person other than Gowan taking over for Michael would have to be Sturat Nicholson from the UK prog band Galahad. He is around the same age as the Saga guys and really has the voice. Have a listen to I Could Be God on Galahad's latest release, Empires Never Last. They have become my favourite new band. They sound like a mixture of Saga, Rush and Queen. Stu's vocal style reminds me of Michael Sadler, Freddie Mercury and sometimes Fish. As Galahad are only a part time band, I am sure he would be up for a full time gig with a world renowned band like Saga.

Check out http://www.myspace.com/galahaduk
ontheloose

Beitragvon ontheloose » Do Dez 20, 2007 3:40 pm

also check out http://www.galahadonline.com/index.htm for a more detailed history.

There is on song on their new album called 'I Could be God' where Stu sounds uncannily like Michael from the early Saga albums, with the operatic chior voice that Michael used to sing with.
ontheloose

Beitragvon ontheloose » Do Dez 20, 2007 3:51 pm

Heres another thought. Why not do an album with Jim Gilmour singing lead on most songs and throw in a few instrumentals. I don't know about you but some of the songs that Jim has sang lead on are classic Saga; No Regrets, Scratching the Surface, Shake That Tree etc.

That way the classic sound doesn't change. Also in London in 1999, Jim sang lead on Images, and did a great job. I would love to hear him tackle som Sadler vocals. Although they have complete different voices, Jim has a very prog sound in the same vain as Jon Anderson.
ontheloose

Beitragvon ontheloose » Do Dez 20, 2007 3:53 pm

The only problem I can see with Jim doing all lead vocals is that Saga's songs are so complex, he may not be able to manage to sing some songs when he is in the middle of a complex keyboard bit.
ontheloose

Beitragvon kuschelhawk » Do Dez 20, 2007 11:23 pm

I think it will be not positive if Darryl takes the lead vocals on all songs - his voice has not the power and the "octaves" most of the songs need ... :roll:
Come to me I will give and receive
All I need is for you to believe
Come to me I can help you feel free
Take my hand & understand that I believe
kuschelhawk
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Kenny Gus » Fr Dez 21, 2007 8:57 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Harry Hess ffs!! :eg:
Bild
Kenny Gus

Nächste