top 50 vids of the 80's

top 50 vids of the 80's

Beitragvon Timmer » Mo Dez 31, 2007 7:54 am

Okay this was only voted on by Canadians for the Canadian music chanell Much More Music.
Sadly there were no Saga vids in the votes but their was a Saga connection. Helix had their rock anthem Rock You in the top 30 or 40. Can't see the list on the site now but at least it was in there.
I'm sure you all know Brian was part of Helix.
Timmer

Beitragvon Timmer » Mo Dez 31, 2007 10:17 pm

Show was just on again and the song is listed as number 48. CLOSE! I recommend you watch it on YouTube. Brian, wow, what 20 years does! Hair bands was never really my bag baby. I was in the military then, so short hair was "IN" for me.
Timmer

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Fr Jan 11, 2008 9:53 pm

Brian was not in Helix at the time Rock You was released.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon Timmer » Fr Jan 11, 2008 10:11 pm

Now wonder why I didn't recognise him then. :o I was never into Helix so I don't really know anything about them. How long was Brian in the band and what years. Anyway I thought it was pretty unreal they were in the top 50 voted on by Canadians and no Saga.
Unless somebody gives a ballet and makes us fill it out most Canadians don't bother with stuff like that anyway. I know I didn't go to the site and vote so I guess I shouln't be suprised they didn't get in the top 50. I must say I did vote for Saga for the Canadian walk of fame. They should be there before some of the others that are there. How can we get that started again?
Thanks for the info S.O.
Sagalady, howcome you didn't know that?
Timmer

Beitragvon sagalady » So Jan 13, 2008 4:09 pm

Much Music sometimes have job openings and I keep applying. They never get back to me! I think I'll pay them a visit when in Toronto and see what's going on. They obviously need someone who knows a *little* about Canadian music.

Oh, hang on, I'm not Canadian.

*sigh*
sagalady

Beitragvon Timmer » So Jan 13, 2008 10:16 pm

I think that might be an assett.
Timmer

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mi Jan 16, 2008 12:16 am

Brian was the original drummer of Helix, but the drummer before they had any hits. He was in the band from like 1976 to 1980. He more recently rejoined Helix for touring. His brother was in the band when they were more popular. You can read all about the lineup changes and Brian on the official Helix website.

As for Helix, I always liked them. They were a good Heavy Metal Band of the 80's. I believe I saw them as an opening act once in the 80's. Something tells me they opened for Truimph.
Social Orphan

Zurück zu News