Phase One?

Phase One?

Beitragvon Timmer » Fr Jan 11, 2008 10:03 pm

Okay I have a couple release questions.
First: Steve Negus site show Phase one as a 1998 release but it is not shown in the Saga discography. Can someone fill me in on that release?
Second: I just found a copy of Detours. Is this worth the money? What kind of qulity is it and how rare?
Just as a side note to fellow Canadians. I just picked up Great Escape. Now I'm sure it's not related to Prorock records but this is very hard to find now. Whoever was distributing this CD for Porgrock and Jim has gone out of business. So the only real way to get it is through Jim's web site. Unless they find a new distribution source. That's what the people at the store where I bought it told me so take that for what it's worth. It may be totaly untrue. It shows it still at the ProRock site with a completely different cover!!!
Timmer

Beitragvon Max » So Jan 13, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi Timmer,

Rearding your 1st question: Phase one is a compilation of demos (e.g. Mouse in a Maze) and unreleased songs that originally should have appeared on the first three albums. It was released in 1997 after these demos and out-takes had been found. It's not on the official site, I don't know why but it was in the discography section of the former official site of Saga (www. saga-world.com , defunct nowadays)

Now to your second question: If you like Saga live, then you have to have it, as with any other live album. I'ts almost three times as long as In Transit (roughly 113 mins) and covers a whole lot of stuff from 1977-1997 (being their 20th anniversary tour). The sound quality is good for that time. I don't know how rare it is in Canada since I live in Germany, where it's not rare. (check amazon)

I hope I could help you

Regards

Max
"It's all in Uncle Alberts Eyes"- Chapter 13

Kick It Like Bonham
Max

Beitragvon Timmer » So Jan 13, 2008 10:18 pm

Ironicaly it is a German Import here!
I'll pick it up Friday.
Timmer

Beitragvon Timmer » Mo Jan 14, 2008 10:34 am

Phase one, is it still around to buy?
The name of my graphics business is Phase Four!
Timmer

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mi Jan 16, 2008 12:20 am

Max hat geschrieben:Hi Timmer,

Rearding your 1st question: Phase one is a compilation of demos (e.g. Mouse in a Maze) and unreleased songs that originally should have appeared on the first three albums. It was released in 1997 after these demos and out-takes had been found. It's not on the official site, I don't know why but it was in the discography section of the former official site of Saga (www. saga-world.com , defunct nowadays)

Now to your second question: If you like Saga live, then you have to have it, as with any other live album. I'ts almost three times as long as In Transit (roughly 113 mins) and covers a whole lot of stuff from 1977-1997 (being their 20th anniversary tour). The sound quality is good for that time. I don't know how rare it is in Canada since I live in Germany, where it's not rare. (check amazon)

I hope I could help you

Regards

Max

Max you are wrong. Phase One were only tracks scratched from Images at Twilight, The songs had no connection to Saga or Silent Knight. Phase One was remastered and then released a few years back.

Timmer, I did see Phase One at a local store within the last year. Also, you can order it from Amazon.

Here is a link to the cd on Amazon. You can listen to snippets on the site.
http://www.amazon.com/Phase-1-Saga/dp/B ... 17&sr=1-36

Detours is also on Amazon.
Zuletzt geändert von Social Orphan am Mi Jan 16, 2008 4:16 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon Timmer » Mi Jan 16, 2008 12:54 am

Thanks SO;
Did I read in another post you were at the Barrie show? Did you get right up to the front of the stage at anytime cause that's where I was the whole show. Maybe we actually talked.
Timmer

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mi Jan 16, 2008 4:13 pm

Timmer hat geschrieben:Thanks SO;
Did I read in another post you were at the Barrie show? Did you get right up to the front of the stage at anytime cause that's where I was the whole show. Maybe we actually talked.

You're welcome.

Nope, I never made it to the Barrie show. I was at the Toronto show and did make it upfront for that one. GREAT SHOW...will never forget it.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon Max » Mi Jan 16, 2008 6:39 pm

Social Orphan hat geschrieben:
Max hat geschrieben:Hi Timmer,

I hope I could help you

Regards

Max

Max you are wrong. Phase One were only tracks scratched from Images at Twilight, The songs had no connection to Saga or Silent Knight. Phase One was remastered and then released a few years back.

Timmer, I did see Phase One at a local store within the last year. Also, you can order it from Amazon.

Here is a link to the cd on Amazon. You can listen to snippets on the site.
http://www.amazon.com/Phase-1-Saga/dp/B ... 17&sr=1-36

Detours is also on Amazon.

I'm terribly sorry.
"It's all in Uncle Alberts Eyes"- Chapter 13

Kick It Like Bonham
Max

Zurück zu News