This youtube audition - have you figured it out yet?

This youtube audition - have you figured it out yet?

Beitragvon sagalady » Fr Jan 18, 2008 3:44 pm

Before the youtube audition a load of you here said "Saga without Michael is over. I can't imagine hearing Saga without his voice"

So, the band goes and records 2 tracks. You get their characteristic style of playing so there is no change there and then loads of different people singing to it.

Say the singer had his own band and had them play the backing, it would just be another cover band covering a Saga song, right?

Now you get to hear Saga with a new singer, and guess what? It's tuning your ear to being used to listening to them with a different voice. So far no one's gone "oh my god I can't stand it. It isn't Michael singing. This is horrible."

Now that is clever marketing. I wish I had come up with that one.
sagalady

Beitragvon Timmer » Fr Jan 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Good point Sagalady.
So no matter who they choose we are already tuned to something new. You're right that does seem like a brilliant piece of marketing!
Did somebody get paid for that marketing statagey I wonder. Damn, why can't I think of these ideas?
Timmer

Beitragvon dr_raven1 » So Jan 20, 2008 3:58 pm

Hey sagalady, any idea on what the band plans to do with these video auditions? I mentioned in another post that I thought this was a contest but then someone else suggested it was just for fun and the band probably wasn't going to ask any of the video auditioners to actually audition with the band. And if this really is a contest then is there a deadline for when they will make a decision? For the band, choosing a new singer is a huge decision, so I could see them taking several months to find the right person and I wouldn't blame them, but I guess my question is, How Long?

Andy
dr_raven1

Beitragvon sagalady » Mo Jan 21, 2008 12:25 am

Dude, I have no idea! I was as surprised as the rest of you when it appeared. It was only two minutes before I posted this thread that I figured out what it was doing to us - the fans. If that was their intention is something I wouldn't know. I'm just going by the responses to it on here.

As said before. I don't work for them. My opinion is mine alone and if you guys agree with me or not is up to you. I'm a fan like the rest of you.

:-)
sagalady

Beitragvon Timmer » Mo Jan 21, 2008 12:49 am

Sagalady:
I do agree with the way you see it and it is GENIUS. The shear beauty of it from a marketing view point either way is awsome!!!
As many of you know I've postd the interview from the Barrie Newspaper and the auditions seem contray to that, but still awsome.
Having had some advertising experience this was and continues to be a brilliant idea!
Timmer

Zurück zu News