Oh good, back up and running again

Oh good, back up and running again

Beitragvon sagalady » Di Mär 18, 2008 8:20 am

I was getting a bit worried so today I e-mailed Susi and offered to help if the site needed server space. I sent that from my blackberry while having lunch at Eaton Center in Toronto.

Later in the evening, meeting up with Timmer at a club where Brian was playing, I was told the site was back up again. My withdrawal symptoms instantly vanished as I knew I could post and read as soon as I got back in.

It was weird walking n to the club and suddenly this guy turns around and says "you're Sagalady, eh?" and it was Timmer. We've never met. He had no idea what I look like and nor did I know what he looked like but it was still as if we have known eachother for ages. Timmer had gotten to the club before I did so he ended up helping Brian setting up.

Brian did a blinding job. Dang! That guy can play. Saw him do the same gig last week.

Had a great time watching him play and hanging out with Timmer and my friend Scotty. I've also been introduced to the wonderful world of hockey, while here in T'ronno and have been turned in to a complete Toronto Maple Leafs fan and I HATE Philadelphia Flyers (sorry to all Philly peeps on here.) with a vengeance.

Got to try to get some sleep as it will be yet another long day tomorrow.

On a different note - the world has lost a great rock and blues guitar player when Jeff Healy died March 2. He was also an accomplished jazz trumpet player. I am so glad I managed to catch the show in Birmingham last year. I was hoping to see him again over here but was instead, upon my landing, greeted by the sad news that he had joined the all star big band, playing side by side with Hendrix.

G'night all!

(and Susi, the offer to help out with server space if you get a tight spot like this again, is open. Just make sure you keep recent backup copies of the site and database.)
sagalady

Beitragvon Timmer » Di Mär 18, 2008 10:31 am

Hey Sagalady that was a great night. If I wasn't a nightshift manager I'd be out to a lot more of these shows. I can only hope that your stay is permanant!
I enjoyed meeting everyone and got some good pics.
Brian and I grew up in the same county and Scott and I talked some military talk. Well I talked and he listened. I'm sorry but I forgot the bass players name but he lives where I was born. It really is a small world and how quick we find things we have in common.
I was actually a drum tech for a local band in Galt during highschool. (When I think now it was probably cause I was the only one with a van!) There seemed to be a lot of little gizmos I wasn't sure what they were. So setting up I'm not sure how much help I was. I could take it all apart OK!
Anyway thanks to You, Brian, Scott and Tim for the warm welcome and conversation.
I can't listen to my new CD!!!
Oh yes I have to agree the band was excellent. The energy from Brian was amazing.
Afterall I was there for the music!
Timmer
Timmer

Zurück zu News