To Brian

To Brian

Beitragvon Timmer » Do Mär 20, 2008 4:17 pm

Hey Brian:
I'm gonna make a big assumtion here. Being that you actually read the forum.
I am posting this on the public forum and not sending it to you as a private message (PM)
I want to keep people on this forum positive about Saga and the future. It seems to me that a lot of the posts are about the demise of SAGA but there are a few trying to stay positive. In general people are more receptive to negative than positive.
At the gig on St Patricks day you asked me why I was there. I thought my answer was to vague. Well I was invited by Sagalady whom I had never met so there was that ellement to it. I would never had know about it at all if not for her. Having the opportunity I jumped at the invitation. Deep down it's about the music for me. I've owned some drum kits in my days and if I could carry a tune I would try for the singer position. It's a sad and pathetic situation that I like music so much but can't sing worth a shit!.I had the opportunity to photograph the Saga show in October last year in Barrie. So the opportunity to again combine two of my loves, music and photograhpy, I could not resist. If I could get there on my motorcycle it would complete the trifector! I just brough my little digital and got some great shots. Meeting you was a huge personal bonus for me. I greatly appreciated the time you afforded me. Once again that would not have been possible without Sgalady.
In addition there was no motive on helping you set up and take your kit down. I was not there for any self promotion which may be why I have not succeeded in my graphic business. I just prefer to do the art for art sake. If I could make some money at it that would be great.
My upbringing was, to be a leader you must be a good servant. Well I have a job as a manager so the leadership roll has been fulfilled in my life. In more ways than just my job by the way. That roll as servant is why I received so much pleasure from being able to help you. That was such an unexpected bonus for me. Meeting Sagalady, Scott and Tim were bonuses as well.
I want to let everyone here know that to me you seemed in top forum both physicaly and drumming. So your part of Saga looks very bright and everyone can look forward to that.
I may just get to the show next week if you play there again.
Tim
AKA Timmer
Timmer

Beitragvon sagalady » Fr Mär 21, 2008 12:48 am

Oi! All I did was tell you when and where.

:-)

Now, april 4 on the other hand.... ;-)
sagalady

Beitragvon Timmer » Fr Mär 21, 2008 1:25 am

Sagalady:
Yeah without you telling me where and when I would have missed that. Because some how you live in another county and know better what's going on in my back yard better than I do. How is that? I guess in your past managing of that famous fab four you have gotten you some inside sources. You know from my previous posts I do tend to go on. Besides I had time to reflect and I needed to say those things. Sometimes I have better answers hours after I've been asked a question.
I pulled a major leg mussle at 7 am so I couldn't sleep today and it all just came out. Sometimes when I read my own posts I think the others reading must think I'm a nut!!!
Oh well to know me is to Know if I am or not, right?
Yes Yes April 4th is critical.
And of course you are the only one to respond to this post. Which to me is no suprise.
Later
Timmer

Beitragvon sagalady » Fr Mär 21, 2008 2:53 am

If only the fab four reference was true. I'd be a millionaire. *sigh*

Anyway - get some ice on that muscle and then some warmth to keep it from tightening up and you should be fine.

:-)
sagalady

Beitragvon Timmer » Fr Mär 21, 2008 3:38 am

I was home alone when the musle went. So just getting a warm cloth on it was a chore. I usually get a couple of bad ones a year. I have had one knock me out if you can believe that! Hit my head on the coffee table on the way down. One of my sons had to get Wendy to see what was wrong with me.
So here it is a 21:30 and I am limping off to bed. Trying to survive the first day of spring. Can't even check on the new bike tomorrow. Maybe Saturday.
You might have been a bit young to be the fab fours manager. Maybe it was the more modern version (Duran Duran) refered to as the prefab four. If that ever made any sence.
Must sleep now.
Timmer

Beitragvon ontheloose » Fr Mär 21, 2008 5:17 am

Timmer, I don't think you are NUT!

I just think you are a very dedicted fan. I have been a fan of Saga since the early days, when they used to play the Gasworks in Toronto. I have seen them sell out Maple Leaf Gardens, I have also seen them play to less than a hundred people in Brussles a few years ago. The one thing that sets this band apart from the rest, is that no matter how many people they play in front of, they always give it their all.

There is no band out there, and I am including Rush (who I have seen 7 times over the years) that sound as good today as they did 30 years ago.

Although Jim Gilmour, Brian (and Steve) and Jim Crichton are all awesome, in my opinion it is really Michael Sadler an Ian Crichton who in my mind are criminally under-rated.

Michael Sadler should be up there in everyones poll for the top vocalists of all times, the man could sing the phone book and make it sound fantastic. Freddie Mercury eat your heart out.

Ian, he was tapping the frets before Eddie Van Halen. He is a genius, the best kept secret in rock, I have both of his solo albums. He is right there up with Eddie, Joe Satriani and Steve Via in my opnion. The one thing that sets him apart from the others mentioned is he has done it constantly for 30 years with a keyboard orientated band.

Anyway, Timmer, I agree with almost everything you post in here, I just do not get the chance to respond, but you are a star for keeping the Saga name alive.

It is a shame that Saga due not get the credit they are due, even in their home country.
ontheloose

Beitragvon sagalady » Fr Mär 21, 2008 10:24 pm

onthelose - you are so fantastically correct it is amazing.

(now, what the heck are you doing in London UK when you should be over here in Canada? We might have bumped in to eachother in Gasworks once or twice back in 83/84. Too bad it's gone, eh?)

Crush is the best kept secret in the guitarworld and something should be done about that. The guy can play the socks off anyone. Fastest fingers in the world. Now, he does it with tons of feel and tone too. I just simply love his tone.

I think Brian was precisely the fresh blood that the rest of them needed because in my opinion they all play better now than they did before.

It will be interesting to see what happens when they've settled on a new singer. I'm keeping my mind and ears open to any type of change it may have. I just hope they pick someone they will enjoy working with and not just go by voice and/or looks.
sagalady

Beitragvon Timmer » Do Apr 03, 2008 10:57 pm

Hey ontheloose:
Sorry this took so long but thanks for the feedback. I've been very busy so I haven't been visiting the forum a lot lately. Spring has sprung here so my bike is my priority now. As things get going on the new Saga scene we should have some stuff to talk about.
Timmer
Timmer

Beitragvon Harmonia » Sa Apr 05, 2008 1:06 pm

Gees the Gasworks that brings back memories !!!
Was there many times myself and enjoy all the moments!!!

Many shows that they played since then has reminded of those times. :love02: :yeah:
You look, good to Me.
Harmonia

Zurück zu News