SAGA book!

Beitragvon Edwin » Di Apr 29, 2008 11:06 pm

You're welcome, SAGA- Norway!

E
Edwin

Beitragvon legins5 » Fr Mai 02, 2008 8:31 pm

ontheloose hat geschrieben:I was at that show also. My kids got Steves drumsticks, any chance of a copy. :D
.....(on the loose.....do you have any shows to trade?..I am particularly after the Hammersmith '86 show,which I also attended!)..........Got my copy of the book today.Will be reading it over the weekend.A book on Saga...a dream come true!!!..Lulu publications have been good to deal with...very good service! :D
legins5

!Gracias!

Beitragvon kp4un » So Mai 04, 2008 6:44 pm

Hi, Edwin!

I just placed an order for the SAGA biography and can´t wait to start reading it. It must have been quite an experience to write a book on the band and to finally see it published. I am sure that music historians will look back at this band as one of the greatest of our times, and will no doubt use your book as a reference.

Thanks for taking the time to write this biography - hopefully I will see a few references about Puerto Rico in it!

Regards,

Orlando
kp4un

Beitragvon Edwin » So Mai 04, 2008 8:51 pm

Thanks, Orlando! And dont worry, Puerto Rico is in there!

E.
Edwin

Beitragvon kp4un » So Mai 04, 2008 10:49 pm

Edwin hat geschrieben:Thanks, Orlando! And dont worry, Puerto Rico is in there!

E.

That is great, Edwin! Looking forward to reading your book...

Orlando
kp4un

Beitragvon ontheloose » Mo Mai 05, 2008 5:44 pm

legins5 hat geschrieben:
ontheloose hat geschrieben:I was at that show also. My kids got Steves drumsticks, any chance of a copy. :D
.....(on the loose.....do you have any shows to trade?..I am particularly after the Hammersmith '86 show,which I also attended!)..........Got my copy of the book today.Will be reading it over the weekend.A book on Saga...a dream come true!!!..Lulu publications have been good to deal with...very good service! :D

I have the '86 Hammersmith show on CD only, not on DVD or video. I also have the 1981 Sheffield University show on CD.
ontheloose

Beitragvon legins5 » Di Mai 06, 2008 6:22 pm

:D Edwin.....Thank you so much for writing the book..fantastic job!..I now feel that I know this great band a whole lot better....The main thing I did not realise is just what a driving force Jim Crichton has been in the band!...I also feel they under-rate Steel Umbrellas..I really like that album!..Thanks again Edwin,I did not want the book to end!!!(ontheloose...I have PM'd you).
legins5

Beitragvon Edwin » Mi Mai 07, 2008 9:33 am

Tanks legins5!

Edwin
Edwin

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mo Mai 19, 2008 11:12 pm

legins5 hat geschrieben::D Edwin.....Thank you so much for writing the book..fantastic job!..I now feel that I know this great band a whole lot better....The main thing I did not realise is just what a driving force Jim Crichton has been in the band!...I also feel they under-rate Steel Umbrellas..I really like that album!..Thanks again Edwin,I did not want the book to end!!!(ontheloose...I have PM'd you).

I agree I enjoyed Steel Umbrellas. That cd had some very nice 'single-type' songs on it. Actually When I finish the book Steel Umbrellas is a new topic i would like to open discussion on.

As for the book I see a lot of different voices giving opinions some are good opinions and some are bad. I like how Saga let Gregg Chadd have his chance to say things even if they are from a different viewpoint that Saga's.

Was surprised to see Gregg quoted but not Peter.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon Edwin » Do Mai 22, 2008 7:43 pm

Unfortunately I wasnt able to trace Peter Rochon.....

Edwin
Edwin

Beitragvon Adrian C » Mi Jun 04, 2008 7:29 pm

My copy arrived today. :D

I will read it tonight at work.

Not sure if anyone is aware but in this months Classic Rock mag the book is reveiwed.
It's not over until it's over.
Adrian C

Beitragvon jbird » Fr Jun 13, 2008 10:23 pm

A great read! Upon completion, I have much respect for Paul Gross and his early "fostering" of the band! Not to mention, a newfound admiration with the engineering/sound of the early albums, I recently picked up Phase One! Excellent! I think Saga, while without a vocalist, should have granted Mr. Gross with one last Thank You by letting him produce an instrumental piece with the London Symphonic Orchestra! That would've been cool! :eg:
jbird

Beitragvon EuroJR » Mi Jun 18, 2008 2:10 pm

Yeap. I must try to get the book ordered here in Spain. Can't wait.
EuroJR

Beitragvon Edwin » Do Jun 19, 2008 8:21 am

@EuroJR: Just go to http://stores.lulu.com/sagabio
PS: The book is - for European buyers - printed in Spain, so you might receive it quickly.

E
Edwin

Beitragvon Ursula » Do Jun 19, 2008 12:27 pm

Congratulations Edwin on the release of the bio! You've worked very hard on it and spent a lot of time on research - and it shows! :daumen: I really enjoyed reading it. Soooo...have you started work on "Chapter II - The New Saga" yet? ;)

Unfortunately my computer is still driving me nuts, it works whenever it feels like it...and most of the time it doesn't feel like it. I'll call you on the weekend and we can talk instead - by then I can let you know how Mount Forest went.

Uschi
Ursula

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu News