SAGA book!

SAGA book!

Beitragvon Edwin » Mo Apr 07, 2008 1:09 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I've finished the first ever SAGA Biography. The book (176 pages, English) is up for sale at http://stores.lulu.com/sagabio
You can have a peek at the cover and the first 15 pages, as well.

If you have any questions, please drop me an email.

Rock on!

Edwin
edwin@eamedia.nl

here's the official press release:

SAGA – THE BIOGRAPHY
By Edwin Ammerlaan, edwin@eamedia.nl
Language: English, Pages: 176 (including pictures), Price: 19.95 euro

How to order: http://stores.lulu.com/sagabio

The SAGA Biography traces the band’s history over the last three decades; from the pre-SAGA days with Truck and Fludd in the early seventies, ‘till the departure of singer Michael Sadler in December 2007. The members of SAGA have approved of this project and, in an effort to ensure factual correctness, they read the book prior to release.

“Thirty years is a long time in the life of a band and as you can imagine there are many twists and turns that the long road brings! There were a lot of happy times as well as some not so happy times and Edwins account of these are entertaining as well as enlightening for anyone who wants to go down that road or fans wanting to learn some of the inner workings of SAGA and the members. You won’t put it down!”
JIM GILMOUR, SAGA

Edwin Ammerlaan is an Amsterdam based journalist who has contributed articles to various Dutch rock magazines since 1986. He has spent many years researching and writing this definitive book on SAGA’s history. Along the way, he has carried out extensive and detailed interviews with current and former band members (Michael Sadler, Ian Crichton, Jim Crichton, Jim Gilmour, Steve Negus, Brian Doerner, Christian Simpson, Greg Chadd), album producers and engineers (Paul Gross, Rupert Hine, Andi Charal), management personnel and various musicians.
Edwin

Beitragvon Susi » Mo Apr 07, 2008 1:29 pm

Thank you Edwin for the great news!!!

All I can say is: everybody should buy this amazing book - it's worth reading it!!! :daumen:
šтуℓє « ιš, ωнαт уσυ [¢яєαтє]. ησт, ωнαт уσυ [¢σρу]
Susi

Beitragvon Edwin » Mo Apr 07, 2008 1:33 pm

Thanks, Susi!!

Edwin
Edwin

Beitragvon I'm Late » Mo Apr 07, 2008 2:47 pm

Thank you Edwin!
I just ordered my copy . Looking forward to the great read! :P
Is the first print hardcover or softcover?
The Truth has no words!
I'm Late

Beitragvon Edwin » Mo Apr 07, 2008 2:51 pm

Thanks, Im Late! Hope you'll like it!
btw: Soft cover; 9 x 6 inch. Cover is full color, inside b&w.

edwin
Edwin

Beitragvon SAGA-NORWAY » Mo Apr 07, 2008 4:26 pm

Thanks Edwin...

I have been waiting for this book for some years now, looking forward to read it.

Sincerely Steinar

SAGA-NORWAY.COM
SAGA-NORWAY

Beitragvon Tillmann » Mo Apr 07, 2008 7:42 pm

Edwin :D

That looks soooo great! :hase: I'm really curious and hope I can order it anytime :hase:

Thank you very much :P
Tillmann

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Di Apr 08, 2008 3:10 pm

This is great news. Normally I don't buy these kinda books but this one......I can not pass up.

I found out about it here (link below). Good to see promotion in place.

http://www.melodicrock.com/
Social Orphan

Beitragvon ontheloose » Di Apr 08, 2008 7:11 pm

Hi Edwin

I just ordered your book, I have been waiting for this a long time. I have been a fan since the early days when they used to play the Gasworks in Toronto and have followed them ever since. I have seen them 7 times in Canada, 3 times in the UK, 2 times in Holland, 4 times in Germany and once in Belguim. Throughout this time I have got to know the guys quite well and have spent a lot of time backstage and sharing drinks with them in their hotel bar. I have some pretty good stories from those times, which may or may not have made the book.

I am one of the lucky ones who grew up in Canada but now live in Europe, so I got see their rise to fame in Canada, seeing them the first time when they played at my high school in Toronto, then at the Gas Works and then Maple Leaf Gardens, then after I moved to Europe (UK) in 1992, I have been able to catch them on almost every tour since then.

They are a great bunch of guys and the greatest most under-rated band on the planet. I can't wait to read your book, I have read lots of books/bios on different bands like rush, zeppelin, etc and always thought that a book on Saga would be fantastic, I just never thought anyone would spend the time to do it, so thanks.
ontheloose

Beitragvon NiNe » Di Apr 08, 2008 11:03 pm

ontheloose hat geschrieben:Throughout this time I have got to know the guys quite well and have spent a lot of time backstage and sharing drinks with them in their hotel bar. I have some pretty good stories from those times, which may or may not have made the book.

Not this kind of stories in the book... but lots of other entertaining stuff.
Edwin did a great job!

NiNe
NiNe

Beitragvon Edwin » Di Apr 08, 2008 11:40 pm

No drunken sailor stories, indeed ;-)
Thanks for the compliments, Nicole!

Edwin
Edwin

Beitragvon ontheloose » Di Apr 08, 2008 11:42 pm

Hi NiNe

Do you remember the Groningen (Holland) show in 1998 (Detours tour) and John Wetton was opening for Saga and by the time Saga got off stage, John was so drunk.

Steve invited me backstage and John came into the dressing room and tried to take Michael Sadler's bottle of Bacardi, wow that was funny.
Zuletzt geändert von ontheloose am Mi Apr 09, 2008 12:36 am, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
ontheloose

Beitragvon ontheloose » Di Apr 08, 2008 11:47 pm

One of the best Saga stories ever is when I met Steve outside the Astoria in London UK before a Saga gig (Full Circle) and I had my two stepsons with me (11 and 13 at the time) an I introduced them to Steve.

After Steve finished his drum solo, normaly he throws his sticks into the crowd, this show he walks right to the front of the stage and instead of throwing hi sticks, he hands one of them each to my 2 step kids, what a classy guy.

They have since given them to me and they are my prized possesions.
ontheloose

Beitragvon Edwin » Di Apr 08, 2008 11:48 pm

I was there, too. A lot of things have changed, since then. For the better. For SAGA as well as for John Wetton. He's doing great with the original Asia line up!

E
Edwin

Beitragvon ontheloose » Di Apr 08, 2008 11:55 pm

Yes, John Wetton was always a hero of mine (not quite as much as Saga though) but it just shows that we are all human, and it is funny to hear this sort of stuff about Progressive Rock stars, they could probably show the guys from Crue, Sabbath, G n' Roses etc a thing or two.

We all go through tough periods in life, but the great ones never seem to burn out, how long has it been since the last G'NR album, 16 years, and we have the nerve to moan that Saga takes a 2 year gap in between albums.
ontheloose

Nächste

Zurück zu News