Keine Stimmen
5 - OK
14%
11%
Keine Stimmen
2%

Abstimmungen insgesamt : 44

Beitragvon Trudes Oude Voshaar » Di Mär 17, 2009 7:34 pm

Yes, and I don’t know how you felt it but it made me sooooooooo proud.
My husband has a great knowledge of music and he always joined me to the concerts from Saga but he didn’t like the albums that much from the last few years.
But with this song he said, sounds great!
And I said, yep, and that is MY band. :)
Trudes Oude Voshaar
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon SAGA-NORWAY » Di Mär 17, 2009 8:42 pm

Eddy Oude Voshaar hat geschrieben:Yes, and I don’t know how you felt it but it made me sooooooooo proud.
My husband has a great knowledge of music and he always joined me to the concerts from Saga but he didn’t like the albums that much from the last few years.
But with this song he said, sounds great!
And I said, yep, and that is MY band. :)

I felt just the same as you :-)

This is the beginnig of something great :-)
SAGA-NORWAY

Step Inside

Beitragvon Roland D-50 » Di Mär 17, 2009 10:28 pm

Hi there!

Saga's "Step Inside" finally got me into this Forum. As all other SAGA fans are, i am very excited to experience "the new SAGA" too. Many nice things have been said about "Step Inside" and i can agree with quite much of it.

The sound of the music is very interesting and the new voice is good, but still strange to me after hearing M. Sadler's voice on Saga records during 30 years. Maybe I am completely wrong, but just after hearing "Step Inside", i feel like it sounds a bit simular to the British band Threshold.

Anyone who get the same feeling?

Threshold is a great band, but their music have never "touched" me in the same way as Saga with M. Sadler does. I suppose Crichton's guitar sound for me is more "organic, melodic & smooth" and I defenately like that. All together SAGA will be SAGA I suppose,
so I am quite sure I will enjoy SAGA's new album. Hm, -it's a pitty that SAGA wont visit Norway on their forthcoming tour.

Trygve
Roland D-50

Beitragvon wilkie UK » Mi Mär 18, 2009 1:58 pm

wilkie UK hat geschrieben:
Timmer hat geschrieben:Wilkie: Good open mind, that's all anyone can ask right?
I felt the same way about Genesis without Phil. But I love Calling all Stations with Ray and had bought tickets to see them in Toronto. But the whole thing was shelved over poor sales of 3 million.
AC, Ouch. Not much longer and you can get off either way.

I had/ have my concerns about the new direction, but I am buying the album, and will give it a fair crack of the whip. After all, I am English, and will fight for the English sense of fair play, what-what!! :eg: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the interest of upholding all that is good and honest about the English sense of fairness, I have listened to the new track several times against his morning, and can officially state that I like it now :eg: 8) :D 8) :D 8)
The point of the journey is not to arrive......
wilkie UK

Beitragvon gorsht » Do Mär 19, 2009 6:41 pm

Hard to say coming out of crappy computer speakers, but I really like the fact that Rob is singing his very own style (thankfully also different from his own stuff that was first posted - Haaaaaaaaaaaaa Tension Wiiiiiiieeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr?) instead of trying to emulate Sadler. It works pretty well.
gorsht

Beitragvon mouseinamaze » Fr Mär 20, 2009 6:18 pm

I have to agree, the more I hear it the more I like it, especially the Intro part.
I also have to say I was a bit worried about Rob's vocals because I am not a big fan of high vocal as was heard in the Final Frontier stuff. That being said I think his voice fits in wonderfully here with Saga, it has kind of a Tommy Shaw Styx vibe to it, which I like.\
Great job guys and Rob..Welcome to the Grand Saga! :D
mouseinamaze

Beitragvon Harmonia » Sa Mär 21, 2009 6:25 pm

My computer speakers are just fine and I have to say,,,,,mighty fine music and voice to my ears ...in my humble opinion :1: :13: :saga: :chick1:
You look, good to Me.
Harmonia

Beitragvon SAGA-NORWAY » Sa Mär 21, 2009 6:39 pm

Rob and SAGA is the perfect match...

I think it was time for a change, not try to make the same songs on every new album..

Step inside is SAGA, but so much more...

And again I love it....

Welcome Rob and the new SAGA...
SAGA-NORWAY

Beitragvon Social Orphan » So Mär 22, 2009 2:53 am

I have no problems with Rob. I gave a listen to Final Frontier and there was some very good stuff there.

As for the new song, not sure what to think. I remember even when I bought Worlds Apart I wasn't sure what to think. To this date Worlds Apart is still my favorite cd.

When I hear this song I see some resemblence of the newer Saga cds. I wasn't a big fan of the newer cds over all. i think some of the newer cds have some real outstanding stuff on them...but the melodies are just not as well constructed as the older stuff....I say on most of the songs. The musicianship has been there, but the catchiness was not.

The new song, I can tell the guys all play their butts off. Now this is my first opinion and it may change and I am not going to be critical because I could be making a mistake. The intro part where Rob first starts singing sounds more Queensryche or Dream Theater...never been a fan of either of those. But the vocals improve as the song goes on.

First impressions only. I will listen to more....and for sure buy the new cd.

Edited.......the more I listen the more I like. I don't really like how it starts but as it goes it gets better and better.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon sagalady » Mo Mär 23, 2009 11:05 pm

SAGA-NORWAY hat geschrieben:

I really hate to do this (NOT) but sometime last year I TOLD YOU SO!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
sagalady

Beitragvon SAGA-NORWAY » Mo Mär 23, 2009 11:10 pm

sagalady hat geschrieben:
SAGA-NORWAY hat geschrieben:

I really hate to do this (NOT) but sometime last year I TOLD YOU SO!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I remember...

:-)
SAGA-NORWAY

Beitragvon Timmer » Mo Mär 23, 2009 11:26 pm

Sagalady:
Good to see you are around. And yes I remember we did say that!!!
Timmer

Beitragvon sagalady » Di Mär 24, 2009 10:29 am

Timmer hat geschrieben:Sagalady:
Good to see you are around. And yes I remember we did say that!!!

Well, check your mail, buddy. I emailed you a while back and haven't heard back. Thought you abandoned me or something.

Sure miss Canada.

It was about this time last year, right? ;)
sagalady

Beitragvon kuschelhawk » Di Mär 24, 2009 11:21 am

:wink: Steinar :D

thx for this poll. In my eyes (...oooohhhh ... exactly I mean "ears" :eg: ) it's a fantastic song, some old stiles, some new, some guitar-sounds like Boston. I think, Rob's voice is fitting good to Saga :daumen:
Come to me I will give and receive
All I need is for you to believe
Come to me I can help you feel free
Take my hand & understand that I believe
kuschelhawk
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Rickard-Sweden » Di Mär 24, 2009 1:09 pm

I must just say i like STEP INSIDE more and more, especially ROB singing .-) - looking forward to the "new SAGA" .-)
Rickard-Sweden

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu News