Hand's Of Time is an instant classic!

Hand's Of Time is an instant classic!

Beitragvon legins5 » Do Apr 02, 2009 7:13 pm

:D I have lived with the new album for a few days now and one thing is instantly apparent.......'HANDS OF TIME' IS PROBABLY THE BEST TRACK FROM SAGA IN A LONG TIME!....this is just my opinion of course...I think it's an instant classic,brilliant!! :D
legins5

Re: Hand's Of Time is an instant classic!

Beitragvon SAGA-NORWAY » Do Apr 02, 2009 7:27 pm

legins5 hat geschrieben::D I have lived with the new album for a few days now and one thing is instantly apparent.......'HANDS OF TIME' IS PROBABLY THE BEST TRACK FROM SAGA IN A LONG TIME!....this is just my opinion of course...I think it's an instant classic,brilliant!! :D

:daumen:

One of the best ballads the last 20 years...
SAGA-NORWAY

Beitragvon Carl1 » Do Apr 02, 2009 7:28 pm

It is a fantastic song in deed but for me the weakest track on the album. Rob Moratti is brilliant on the album and although he doesn't have the unique qualities Michael Sadler has, he is still world class. Also, he sings in different way than he does on the Final Frontier cd's, less of the high notes and Steve Perry style and I think he can do some great work going forward with Saga.
Best tracks for me at the moment are Avalon, Now Is Now and Let It Go but I love it all :D
Carl1

Beitragvon sagalady » Do Apr 02, 2009 9:56 pm

I'm still utterly, completely and totally hooked on Now Is Now. I just can't stop listening to it. It's been on repeat for a week and I still find new things in it.
sagalady

Beitragvon Timmer » Do Apr 02, 2009 10:04 pm

Yes Now is Now plays instantly when I start my computer.
Timmer

Beitragvon SAGA-NORWAY » Do Apr 02, 2009 11:44 pm

There are 7 very good songs on the album

Not easy to pick a fav... But Now Is Now is the best, and many others are close...
SAGA-NORWAY

Beitragvon Harmonia » Fr Apr 03, 2009 8:28 pm

I wish I could hear the whole album :box: But will have to wait to hear the others you all speak of can only go buy whats playing on the web site .... But dam it sounds good to me.
The North American release is in May will have to wait ...but thanks for the comments and its wonderful to see the excitement it has generated . Just my humble opinion.

:angel: :saga: :cup:
You look, good to Me.
Harmonia

Beitragvon sagalady » Sa Apr 04, 2009 12:53 pm

The first solo part of Now is Now, is now my ring tone.

Everyday I wake up and there is a different song from the new CD playing in my head.

I've had it for over a week now and still won't stop playing it.
sagalady

Beitragvon BigBoss » Di Apr 07, 2009 2:16 am

I've heard this track is a cover of an Asia song from when Ian recorded with them, but other than the title, I don't hear anything the same.

Am I the only one that found it strange that they kicked off the album with an instrumental when they are featuring a new vocalist? Overall I'm enjoying the album, but the track arrangement is peculiar.
Best Regards,
Shawn Gordon
President
ProgRock Records
www.progrockrecords.com
BigBoss

Beitragvon jeeep » So Apr 26, 2009 4:02 am

OK...the album is good the singer is good....I mean excellent...BUT listen carefully...at 2:00....does Queensrÿche ring a bell ??? Silent Lucidity ????
jeeep

Beitragvon sagalady » So Apr 26, 2009 9:31 am

jeeep hat geschrieben:OK...the album is good the singer is good....I mean excellent...BUT listen carefully...at 2:00....does Queensrÿche ring a bell ??? Silent Lucidity ????

Ah, Silent Lucidity the song that is a complete knock-off of a Pink Floyd song? Think it's either off The Wall or Final Cut.

If you start analysing every song there is from any band you will soon find references to some other song. No matter what band. Fact of life.
sagalady

Beitragvon Edwin » So Apr 26, 2009 9:36 am

I talked to Dream Theater drummer Mike Portnoy, yesterday. He said he bought (!) SAGA's new album a couple of days ago, but he didn't have a chance to listen to it yet. Can't wait to hear what he thinks of the new songs.... Good to know that one of the best rock drummers in the world is a SAGA fan.

ps: DT new cd will be released at the end of June. He's also finished recording the new Transatlantic album (after a seven year hiatus); scheduled for release at the end of this year.

Edwin
Edwin

Beitragvon Trudes Oude Voshaar » So Apr 26, 2009 10:27 am

Great to read. :)

funny, my first thought when I heard the new album from Saga was Dream Theater. :)

Can't wait what he will say about this album bit I'm sure he will like it a lot!

Edwin hope to see you in Apeldoorn too. :)
Trudes Oude Voshaar
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Tillmann » So Apr 26, 2009 3:57 pm

Edwin hat geschrieben:I talked to Dream Theater drummer Mike Portnoy, yesterday. He said he bought (!) SAGA's new album a couple of days ago, but he didn't have a chance to listen to it yet. Can't wait to hear what he thinks of the new songs.... Good to know that one of the best rock drummers in the world is a SAGA fan.

ps: DT new cd will be released at the end of June. He's also finished recording the new Transatlantic album (after a seven year hiatus); scheduled for release at the end of this year.

Edwin

Thats great! I'm really curious 'bout his opinion :P
Tillmann

Zurück zu News