Human Condition

Beitragvon legins5 » Di Mai 19, 2009 5:23 pm

The way I look at it is this.....When I got into the band in 1980 it wasn't just because of the vocals!...Yes,that was part of it.Michael's voice was a wonderful asset for the band....But I loved the whole package that was SAGA!..Great songs,great keyboard,and Ian's truely innovative and exceptional guitar playing!!!!!...OK,Michael has departed BUT THE OTHER GUYS ARE STILL THERE FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....Would I drop them because of one member leaving?.........NO.......Of couse not...Ian,Jim,Jim and whoever is drumming are still making great music!!....The new album is still those guys and it is GOOD!..........SAGA...KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!!! :D
legins5

Beitragvon miked62 » Fr Mai 22, 2009 9:27 pm

Okay...time to break the ice. This is my first post on the SAGA World Forum. I've been hiding in the background, enjoying the posts over the last couple of years, and now I feel like making a brief appearance to express my feelings for the new CD. As a fan of SAGA since 1982, I've followed them through thick and thin, the good albums and the not so good albums, and the various personnel changes. I can honestly say that "The Human Condition" is one of their best. Such a refreshing start to a new "chapter" in their continuing "saga". I think Rob fits right in and contributes greatly to their sound/style. The writing, arranging and musicianship is top-notch on THC, in my opinion, and should provide them with a platform to evolve even further. My wife, who isn't much of a rock music fan, even likes most of the tracks on the CD. Anyway, we all have our own experiences and perspectives on the music, but I wanted to add another one. THC rocks!!!
miked62

Beitragvon keithm » Do Jun 18, 2009 1:22 pm

Listened to the album and at first I was very disappointed, it just isn't the saga I love. But it has grown on me a lot, I just think it is too much of a departure in one go from the Saga of old. Different vocals and a different music direction is a lot to take in.

Trouble is, as good as it is it really sounds like many other prog cd's and if it wasn't a Saga cd I'm not sure it would be listened to at all. It sounds very like A.C.T who supported Saga a lot.

I hope the guys get a chance to grow with the new line up but I'm not sure their new sound is what Saga fans want
keithm

Beitragvon alex rael » Do Jun 18, 2009 8:40 pm

keithm hat geschrieben:Listened to the album and at first I was very disappointed, it just isn't the saga I love. But it has grown on me a lot, I just think it is too much of a departure in one go from the Saga of old. Different vocals and a different music direction is a lot to take in.

Trouble is, as good as it is it really sounds like many other prog cd's and if it wasn't a Saga cd I'm not sure it would be listened to at all. It sounds very like A.C.T who supported Saga a lot.

I hope the guys get a chance to grow with the new line up but I'm not sure their new sound is what Saga fans want

+1 :five:
alex rael

Beitragvon mouseinamaze » Do Jun 18, 2009 9:29 pm

keithm hat geschrieben:Listened to the album and at first I was very disappointed, it just isn't the saga I love. But it has grown on me a lot, I just think it is too much of a departure in one go from the Saga of old. Different vocals and a different music direction is a lot to take in.

+1 +1:five:
I think I need an official bootleg video of the guys performing the new songs and some of the older material. ;)
Listening to the some of the songs the other day, I felt like Rob's vocals reminded me a bit of a cross between Dennis DeYoung and Tommy Shaw and on a couple other ones Andy Bell from Erasure and then other's were Rob. :)
mouseinamaze

Beitragvon keithm » Mo Jun 22, 2009 1:49 pm

Very 'It Bites' too!

Growing on me all the time though.
keithm

The Human Condition

Beitragvon kokoko864 » Di Jul 07, 2009 11:05 pm

I got my copy back in May, and I love it. Every song but "You Look Good to Me". It's
a good song, but it's just not Saga. It sounds like a new boy band. :hut:
Saga kicks ass!!!
kokoko864

Vorherige

Zurück zu News