Expect a British review soon.

Yes we are waiting for your review :daumen:
Der Serverpapa / Serveradmin

Anthony's Law of Force: "Don't force it, get a larger hammer." :klopf:
Hinterländer
Contributors
Contributors

Beitragvon Leo Cameo » Fr Mai 15, 2009 10:52 pm

Just got My copy of The Human Condition and I must say......I'm very disappointed! :(

Sure the guys can play but........to Me its pretty boring listening to the album!

I will try to listen some more........to find something good in there :-?

I like "Crown of Thorns" but.........that's it!
Leo Cameo

Beitragvon Tillmann » Sa Mai 16, 2009 2:02 am

Maybe it'll take some time till you find your way to the whole album...?

I hope you'll find ur way Leo :)
Tillmann

Beitragvon Mrs.C » Sa Mai 16, 2009 10:29 am

Must say I'm with Leo Cameo on this one :cry:
Anything can happen
When I close my eyes
Mrs.C

Beitragvon Timmer » Sa Mai 16, 2009 5:04 pm

I found that listening to it on my stereo headset on my motorcycle made it a great deal better listen. Rich and well produced with tons going on I wasn't hearing from my home stereo or computer speakers.
Timmer

Beitragvon alex rael » So Mai 17, 2009 6:14 pm

Listen new album many times, but never found it of what love saga. The album is very good and technically sound, but it looks more like Magellan and Dream Theater, Saga than ... :-?
alex rael

Beitragvon mouseinamaze » So Mai 17, 2009 6:47 pm

I have to agree with some of the previous posters. I've listened to this cd for the last several weekends and I must admit, while it's a very well done album and adventurous there are some things that just aren't connecting for me. My wife who is also a Saga fan agrees.
This isn't about it not being a Sadler album, it's about the new cd.
For one thing I'm not too happy with the mix, everything sounds squished into the middle, rather than the individual parts being spread about in the mix. I don't think they've worked with Pat Regan before.
After a couple of songs my ears are tired because, it feels like the vocals are too loud in the mix, also the dynamics seem to be in one range with very little change in softness and hardness.
This is not to fault Rob because I think he did great but he has a very powerful voice and I think at times it overshadows the music.

It could be the guys were a bit overambitious in their desire to start fresh, they have a new singer, they used someone new to mix and the material is going in a different direction.

I've found myself going back and relistening to Trust and 10,000 Days and enjoying them even more than before.

I can't listen to this album all in one sitting, I've never had that before. I do think these songs are very good and for the adversity in which it was created I think they've done very well. I'm sure things will only get better as everyone gets comfortable.
I think what I'm going to do is burn a Saga mix and intersperse the new Saga songs here and there with some of the older stuff because I do like them on a one to one basis.
mouseinamaze

Beitragvon ontheloose » Mo Mai 18, 2009 9:05 am

I am still undecided to whether I like this CD or not, when I first heard a few samples of some of the songs, I was quite excited, but after listening to the whole album, I am not sure.........

I don't want to just state the obvious.....Rob is good, but he does not have the unique quality that Michael Sadler's voice has........let's face it, probab;y 60%-70% of Saga's sound was down to Michael's voice......I for one was first attracted to the band because of this.....sure the music was great too.

Like Queen...who tried to carry on with one of the greatest voices in rock, Paul Rodgers, that did not work.........you can't just replace Freddie Mercury......just like you can't replace Sadler.

I will give it a few more listens, but to be honest I think I would of enjoyed Saga more if they had carried on with Jim Glimour taking over the lead vocal duties.
ontheloose

Beitragvon Norbert » Mo Mai 18, 2009 1:38 pm

The main question is: do we want to listen to skilled musicians, more music coming from this great band in future or do we not ?
I think, we can`t deny the fact that Michael Sadler is gone.
So, they decided to go on with a new singer, who has a good voice.
And Jim Gilmour as lead singer would not work, he is occupied by his keyboards and his voice is too high, single songs ok, but there are many rocksongs; imagine it never ends with lead vocals sung by Jim.
Norbert

Beitragvon Adrian C » Mo Mai 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Ok. I'm off of the fence.
I have to say that in general I like it. :D
The vocals though ??????
Not sure. I don't know how many remember an album called " GTR ". A Steve Hackett and Steve Howe get together from the '80's. Good in my opinion. They had a vocalist on it called Max Bacon. Very similar to Rob I think.
One of the main reasons I like Rush, Yes, SAGA are that the vocals are different. Maybe just a personal thing.
I would have liked to have seen the band live this time round. Just to see how it went.
It's not over until it's over.
Adrian C

Beitragvon Timmer » Mo Mai 18, 2009 8:55 pm

I love GTR with Max. Just listened to it yesterday. I wish there would have been more. Album 2 was shelved. I heard there is a ilve album, but I've never seen it.
Timmer

Beitragvon MichaelNoi » Di Mai 19, 2009 6:59 am

User Guide for the HC Album:
take it in your Car CD Player
listen to it everyday in the morning when you go to your job and in the evening, when you come back home.

That works, guys.
This is a totally underestimatet album, because it´s a really great album of the new SAGA.

And believe me, after you´ve attended a concert of the new SAGA, you will fall in Love ;)
MichaelNoi

Beitragvon kuschelhawk » Di Mai 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Michael, absolutely :daumen:
Come to me I will give and receive
All I need is for you to believe
Come to me I can help you feel free
Take my hand & understand that I believe
kuschelhawk
Contributors
Contributors

Nächste

Zurück zu News