Message from SAGA - The new drummer

Message from SAGA - The new drummer

Beitragvon Susi » Mi Apr 18, 2012 7:24 am

And the winner is!

After much deliberation, we have found our new drummer. Would you please join us in welcoming to the band… Mike Thorne!

We would also like to thank all of the other very talented players who bravely offered their services. We wish them all the very best in all their future musical endeavours!

See you all very soon!
šтуℓє « ιš, ωнαт уσυ [¢яєαтє]. ησт, ωнαт уσυ [¢σρу]
Susi

New Drummer

Beitragvon Carl1 » Mi Apr 18, 2012 4:39 pm

I've been checking the drummer auditions on Youtube and Mike Thorne is an incredible player. Apart from the Youtube clips there are lots of others of Mike playing all sorts of stuff and he just smokes. Looking forward to hearing him play with Saga and hopefully he'll get some recognition.

I must say I wish there was more info uploaded onto the site about what's going on with the band. Not even a pic of Mike Thorne any info about him or how the band chose him. I'm sure they didn't just use the Saga songs he played along to in the Youtube clips so it would be interesting to get some background details.
Carl1

Beitragvon Tillmann » Mi Apr 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Maybe we'll find the information in the Interview section of the bonus DVD on SAGA's new album? Dream Theater had a great documentary about the drummer auditions as bonus DVD ;)
Tillmann

Zurück zu News