If Saga Seriously wants to play in the USA......

If Saga Seriously wants to play in the USA......

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Mi Jun 03, 2009 4:17 pm

They need to start getting on some of these festivals like the one below. I read about a new one of these everyday. Seems to be the way of the concert world. They have one in Oklahoma, Iowa, and others I don't keep up on has I don't live in those areas. We have a free festival in Detroit later this month that is more Hairband in type but why can't Saga get in on one like this (Minnesota).......................

MOONDANCE JAM FINALIZES LINE-UP:
Walker , Minnesota (June 1 , 2009) – The Moondance Jam, Minnesota's pre-eminent classic rock festival, has announced the final line-up for this year's Jam. 15 bands, including headliners Journey, Judas Priest and Yes, will all appear at the festival, slated for July 15-18 at the festival grounds in Walker, Minnesota. Tickets are available now at www.moondancejam.com or by calling 1-877-MOONJAM.
The festival kicks off with a party headlined by 80's revivalists Hairball and local favorites Mountain Ash in the saloon on Wednesday, July 15, before activity shifts to the main stage for the rest of the weekend. Here are the set times for all 15 bands at this year's Jam:
Thursday July 16
11 p.m. Journey
9 p.m. Sheryl Crow
7 p.m. Kansas
5 p.m. Foghat
3 p.m. Shooting Star

Friday July 17
11 p.m. Judas Priest
9 p.m. Whitesnake
7 p.m. Lita Ford
5 p.m. Spin Doctors
3 p.m. Zed Leppelin

Saturday July 18
11 p.m. Yes
9 p.m Asia
7 p.m. Thin Lizzy
5 p.m. Grand Funk Railroad
3 p.m. Thundherstruck

Tickets are still available in a variety of packages. Concert goers can purchase Rockstar All Access, three-day VIP, three-day general admission, weekend packages and single day admission, as well as camping sites and parking passes by contacting the Jam office in Walker.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon Tillmann » Mi Jun 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Yes, they need festivals! And the best thing for SAGA would be if they'd be part of the Progressive Nation Tour... SAGA, Opeth and Dream Theater!
Tillmann

Beitragvon mouseinamaze » Mi Jun 03, 2009 8:54 pm

I agree, many of the prog bands continue to get exposure by playing at events such as Rosefest, Progfest and others. It's a great way to get fans who may not have heard a band before to check them out.
Saga is a knockout performing band, so it's not a question of recruiting new fans but how many.
My belief is they would attract a lot of them.

What's with the Yes 11pm start? I'm afraid I can't party that long anymore. :lol:

Tillman, as far as Progressive Nation goes, the bands that perform are selected from a list that Mike Portnoy creates himself. We were watching the Chaos in Montion DVD the other day and Mike was talking about how he books the acts.
So, if he's a fan, they could have a good chance, if not, might as well stay home. :(
mouseinamaze

Beitragvon Tillmann » Mi Jun 03, 2009 10:45 pm

I heard that Portnoy bought the new album and, if you listen to DT, it's obviously that they know and maybe like SAGA, I mean, Dream Theater is like the SAGA of the 21st Century!

And... SAGA should use the chance in Romania and Bulgaria to make some good contacts to Queensryche, 'cause they still headline in the states, so a tour with Queensryche and SAGA isn't that far away... Maybe they should drink some beer after the show and become friends! Thats how it works!
Tillmann

Beitragvon mouseinamaze » Mi Jun 03, 2009 11:32 pm

Yeah, Mike's got a good ear for great bands.

DT is the Saga of the 21st century..lol, I like that!
mouseinamaze

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Do Jun 04, 2009 3:24 am

Tillmann hat geschrieben:I heard that Portnoy bought the new album and, if you listen to DT, it's obviously that they know and maybe like SAGA, I mean, Dream Theater is like the SAGA of the 21st Century!

And... SAGA should use the chance in Romania and Bulgaria to make some good contacts to Queensryche, 'cause they still headline in the states, so a tour with Queensryche and SAGA isn't that far away... Maybe they should drink some beer after the show and become friends! Thats how it works!

Personally, Dream Theater is not my type of band. You know what got me into Saga stuff like On The Loose, Wind Him Up, Amnesia, The Flyer, What Do I Know, Only Tiuem will tell. Saga going the hard rock way is not to my liking. Dream Theater and Queensyche.......Pwyuck. I never liked those bands.

I can post even more festivals with more line-ups. My point was Saga needs to get into shows like that because they reach the masses. Saga is awesome live and would surely win fans over.

Here is Rocklahoma.
http://rock.feverfest.com/rffartists.php

We have a FREE one in my town with: Ratt, Dokken, Night Ranger and Kings X.

There are festivals everywhere.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon Social Orphan » Do Jun 04, 2009 3:32 am

Here is Rock Gone Wild another festival. Bands like Saga are included.

In addition Melodicrock.com usually has an annual show which is usually in July,

ROCK GONE WILD FINALIZES LINE-UP:
Rock Gone Wild, America's newest and most diverse rock festival, has announced two more additions to its already impressive line-up. Twisted Sister, the kings of glam rock and roll, will close the main stage on Saturday, August 22. Sevendust, one of modern rocks biggest acts, helps shut down the huge party on Sunday, August 23.
Twisted Sister will celebrate its 25th anniversary and add to its impressive run of headline festival appearances by closing Saturday's show at the inaugural Rock Gone Wild. The band sold over 10 million records and issued the classic rock anthems "We're Not Gonna Take It" and "I Wanna Rock" back in the '80's. More than a decade after the band's last show in 1987, the quintet reformed at a tribute show and has continued playing together; the reformation includes an astonishing run of over 50 headline festival dates, performing in front of two million people in 23 countries. The group has also had success re-issuing records, recording a Christmas collection and releasing numerous DVDs of its legendary live show, a show that will come alive in all of its glory at RGW. Make sure to catch it-this may be the last time that TS dons the "old school" make-up onstage in the U.S.
Sevendust has become one of modern rock's biggest bands the hard way-releasing a stream of impressive records and following each with a seemingly never-ending tour. The band is not known for one record or one song, but rather a solid body of work that continues to improve with every new release. The band's last record, Chapter VII: Hope and Sorrow, which featured the huge hits "Inside" and "The Past" is still selling, but the band is already recording the follow-up. The quintet will take a studio break to rock RGW with its blend of heavy metal guitar, rap dynamics and infectious melodies.
With these additions, the line-ups for each day of the festival have been announced:

Thursday: Saxon, Warrant, April Wine, Saigon Kick, Honeymoon Suite, Tyketto, Black 'N Blue, Tigertailz, Ernie and the Automatics (featuring former Boston members Barry Goudreau and Sib Hashian), Sick of Sarah, Ashamed and Savior.
Friday: Puddle of Mudd, Saliva, Jackyl, Cherie Currie (of the Runaways), Powerman 5000, Marcy Playground, Rhino Bucket, Gypsy Pistoleros, Throw the Fight and Crazy Lixx.
Saturday: Twisted Sister, Skid Row, Lita Ford, Dokken, Great White, Kix, L.A. Guns (featuring Phil Lewis), Hardcore Superstar, Primal Fear, Dangerous Toys, Helix, Junkyard, Frankenstein 3000, Sex Department, Mighty Swine and Stallion.
Sunday: George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Candlebox, Sevendust, Saving Abel, Eve 6, Tantric, Armored Saint, Lizzy Borden, Dirty Looks, Lillian Axe, The Texas Hippie Coalition, Downtread and Stuck on Stupid.

If you want to go wild this summer, Rock Gone Wild is the place to be. With over 50 bands on two stages and campground parties going all night long, even the most insatiable rock appetite will be satisfied. But if you really want the ultimate Rock n' Roll experience, you need to be in the Sinner's Lounge. The Sinners Lounge is the first-of-its-kind to be featured at an American rock festival. It is not your average festival VIP experience--the Sinners Lounge at Rock Gone Wild will offer an up-close look at the sort of debauchery that rock fans only dream of seeing at a rock festival.
Limited only to 500 ticket holders and rock stars, the sinners lounge will place the avid fan in the midst of the rock and debauchery experience, in an all inclusive night club setting. Glowing walls, leather couches, nightly Champagne fountains, appetizers, and cocktail waitresses dressed to theme each night are just the beginning of this all inclusive lounge. Want an open bar with liquor, cocktails, martinis, shooters and more booze than a tour bus in the 80's? Check. Want to be entertained by dancers and acoustic performances by special guests? Check. Want to mingle with the bands that rocked your world just hours ago? Check. Want a view of the backstage mayhem while you do it all? Check. Go Platinum at Rock Gone Wild '09 to enjoy this all inclusive package along with seating in the first 10 rows, buffet style breakfast, lunch and dinner, beer, soft drinks and more.
Visit www.rockgonewild.com for updates and festival news.
Social Orphan

Beitragvon Timmer » Do Jun 04, 2009 3:35 am

Well the Madawa festival in Ontario is one of those you speak of. Again though it's in Canada. Personaly I've never heard of it but there is an awsome bill for the Saturday. Saga, Sass Jordan, 54-40, Haywire, Trooper and Loverboy. A Canadian who's who as far as I'm concerned.
Timmer

Beitragvon sagalady » Do Jun 04, 2009 9:55 am

The issue isn't what saga needs. The issue is what the festival promoter wants. Two completely different things.

They want to sell tickets. They want bands that draw attention. They want bands with a strong following so they know tickets will sell.

It might be called music business but it's business first and music later.

So if every single US Saga fan contacted these festivals then maybe.

Put it like this, there has been talks for years that Saga will play Sweden Rock. They are on the list of requested bands. They are high up on the list of requested bands. Yet, they haven't played there.

It's not the bands who decide if they are going to play a certain town/festival. It's the promoters who listens to their ticket buyers i.e. you, the fan.
sagalady

Sweden Rock

Beitragvon SAGA-NORWAY » Do Jun 04, 2009 10:22 am

If you want SAGA to Sweden rock....

Sign this form: http://www.swedenrock.com/index.cfm?pg=77&pr=1
SAGA-NORWAY

Beitragvon Tillmann » Do Jun 04, 2009 10:26 am

But Sweden Rock 2010... Right?
Tillmann

Beitragvon SAGA-NORWAY » Do Jun 04, 2009 10:33 am

lol....
You're right Tillmann...
I think we have to wait for the new pages...
SAGA-NORWAY

Beitragvon Tillmann » Do Jun 04, 2009 10:58 am

Well... We should try to make them attractive to festivals in this size, but we won't reach that much... It's the bands turn...

And becoming friends with Queensryche is a good start...

Imagine: North American Tour

Queensryche
Dream Theater
SAGA

The ultimate package!

Of course then SAGA have to play old tracks as Ice Nice or Will It Be You...? , progressive, epic, long tracks...
Tillmann

Beitragvon SAGA-NORWAY » Do Jun 04, 2009 11:38 am

Tillmann hat geschrieben:
Of course then SAGA have to play old tracks as Ice Nice or Will It Be You...? , progressive, epic, long tracks...

And Tired world :-)
SAGA-NORWAY

Beitragvon sagalady » Do Jun 04, 2009 1:15 pm

Tillmann hat geschrieben:Well... We should try to make them attractive to festivals in this size, but we won't reach that much... It's the bands turn...

It's like voting at election time. You can either go to the polls and make a difference or sit at home and complain when the wrong guy wins.

Same principle when it comes to music.

:)
sagalady

Nächste

Zurück zu Tour 2009